Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubi64

Guys, I read the article IFS magazine to appear in paper format Monday, September 3 but available in digital format (thanks the russians!). It is said that Gaby and Guillaume have their theme on "Same" but I think there is a mistake it must be "Fame": the action takes place in a dance school and it dates from the 80s ... I love that idea!!

Last edited:

jujubi64

You mean this Fame?* Well, that would be all kinds of awesome!

*And yes, there's a stage musical as well as the film and TV show.

Yes, but the article says "same", but the action takes place in a dance school, that it dates from 1980 and that it is American, so ..... In addition, there are plenty of other things and I recommend you to buy IFS magazine, the article is quite long and nice.

Orm Irian

Yes, but the article says "same", but the action takes place in a dance school, that it dates from 1980 and that it is American, so ..... In addition, there are plenty of other things and I recommend you to buy IFS magazine, the article is quite long and nice.

Gris copied a quote from the magazine in the Programs and Choreographers thread and going by the description there, it can't be anything else but Fame. There's no other musical that matches that description (stage or screen). And Romain choreographed it for them.

This is going to be so good!

jujubi64

Gris copied a quote from the magazine in the Programs and Choreographers thread and going by the description there, it can't be anything else but Fame. There's no other musical that matches that description (stage or screen). And Romain choreographed it for them.

This is going to be so good!

Oh my god, with Gaby'curls, tiny shorts or dance stuffs:cheer2:

Peepsquick

Let it be true please let it be true. Having a rough time those days, I need this in my life. When I was younger I used to absolutely love Fame, the series, with the teacher slamming her long stick on the parquet. Never forget one of the rare intro music I couldn't wait to hear in its entirety.

I hope this cheers you up @cocotaffy ! I was also a fan of the movie, years ago ...
It should be fun, though I have a hard time wrapping my mind around Gabi and Guillaume in Fame-mode! Can't wait to see it.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I want to see tights and leg warmers and plenty of headbands.
Could you imagine Guillaume in a very very tight spandex unitard, no one, I mean, no one especially not the judges being so close to the rink would be able to focus one minute on anything else, except for glorious Gaby and her crazy free curly hair.
I hope this cheers you up @cocotaffy ! I was also a fan of the movie, years ago ...
It should be fun, though I have a hard time wrapping my mind around Gabi and Guillaume in Fame-mode! Can't wait to see it.
Thanks, I can't wait either. I just hope they'll just go for it and we finally get to see their great sense of humor and Gaby's crazy quirky side shining through.

twinklestar

I guess it means there's less incentive for DG to not broadcast their RD on the Masters livestream this year, at least!
Seems like "DG" is the big villain on these forums. Are you sure the orders came from him? Or maybe he's just a scapegoat to cover-up some divas.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Seems like "DG" is the big villain on these forums. Are you sure the orders came from him? Or maybe he's just a scapegoat to cover-up some divas.

I'm not sure there's a bigger diva than DG? Pasha's been retired for decades, so...

yuna13fr

yes DG is one of a kind.

It would take to long to write everything is done.
Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5gRr4eeo4
The fact that he didn't send P/C at the sochi OG as france second ID team. My guess is cause they refused to leave muriel and trained in paris, instead he sent a ice dance couple who skipped the french national which you can only do if you are injured. That team retired after, what a wasted great opportunity for gabriella and guillaume !
Also kevin aymoz said that last fd was about all the struggles he had the previous year among them was the difficult relation he had with the french federation.
Basically you have to do what he says or you're...

Now about the livestream situation:

I think it all started after 2016 french master where we only had fan footage, the comments were bad.
The next year no livestream for the short (for everone not just P/C) but we saw the free. Also it was asked to the audience not to recorded the short, i guess it was to avoid the previous year situation.
Then last year they started to train late cause they took a break after the OG, they only did the short at the masters but the livestream cut at P/C, apparently even guillaume friend complained so i don't think it comes from them.
I think the motive behind this is to protect them, the livestream isn't from a good angle, the quality is not great.

There no videos from the US or canadian camp. They all protect their skaters and wait for good condition.
As a P/C fan i would love to see the program but i don't mind waiting for great quality footage.

twinklestar

Yuna13fr, why don't you present yourself at the next FFSG presidency? Maybe you could get elected.

Seems that this bad guy has sometimes some good ideas, like bringing Christopher Dean for the RD.

yuna13fr

Yes bringing CD was his idea. It was brillant idea But it doesn't erase everything else.
I watch plenty of sport and when it comes to ice sport well, athletes often mentioned a problem with the FFSG (french federation of ice sports) you don't have that kind of situation with the FFS, FFA or FFN.

I don't like the way he treats his athletes that's all.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I know not everyone is fan of Carol Lane and CBC commentaries especially when it comes to P/C but I found this account uploading nice edits of warm-up+performance with CBC commentaries. So here you go RD and FD . The new season is definitely coming up when I start rewatching Worlds just to prep myself, getting in the mood :D

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I'm surprised there's not much, much more excitement for a Fame RD. I really didn't know what they'd be able to do that wouldn't live up to their style, and choosing Fame really blows me away. I got to help transcribe and re-caption the series aaaages ago and became a fan of it & the movie, cheese and all. I think it'll be awesome and really stand out!

kittysk8ts

I'm surprised there's not much, much more excitement for a Fame RD. I really didn't know what they'd be able to do that wouldn't live up to their style, and choosing Fame really blows me away. I got to help transcribe and re-caption the series aaaages ago and became a fan of it & the movie, cheese and all. I think it'll be awesome and really stand out!
It’s the most interesting choice for a RD thus far, in my opinion.

kittysk8ts

It’s definitely a different and not a safe choice.
It’ll be interesting to see what they choose for the music, as it has a chance to be pretty cheesy.
Lol. I think cheesy is almost required for this season’s RD. I also mentioned in another thread that I’m looking forward to their Finnstep as I don’t think I’ve ever seen them do a quickstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information