Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatfan

The interview makes me wonder how long all those dance teams can stay in Montreal. It has to be stressful to have your immediate domestic and/or international competitors out on the ice every day.

Patch and Marie-France never thought they’d have the two dominate dance teams - it was a strange set of circumstances that got them there.

Last edited:

laviemn

The interview makes me wonder how long all those dance teams can stay in Montreal. It has to be stressful to have your immediate domestic and/or international competitors out on the ice every day.

Well at least 2 of their top 3 teams will be done in 3 years, maybe all 3. I don't think any team with podium ambitions would want to try out a new coach too close to the Olympics, so they should switch right this minute if they are going to switch at all. And Chock/Bates just got there. I think it's more likely everyone stays when you consider all of that.

I also think Gabi & Guillaume had such a difficult time because of how young they were and how quickly everything came at them. Coming off a super stressful season when they had to live up to being World Champions while dealing with a concussion, they hardly had time to exhale before they were thrust into a rivalry with an older team that was in every way much more experienced. They were only 21 years old. They're a different team now, with more confidence and authority. And the top Americans are all in their late twenties/early thirties with a lot of experience behind them and the perspective that brings. Maybe it'll be OK for everyone.

alain06fr

This interview clearly explains how the atmosphere at Gadbois changed drastically after V/M’s comeback. It was the complete opposite to the fairy tale promoted here and there. Those who hopelessly tried to initiate the debate and argue about conflict of interest, time sharing between the teams with the same coaches, etc. - and I was not the only one - were just bringing the attention to the obvious complexity of the new situation in Gadbois and we were right to do so, like it or not.

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
This interview clearly explains how the atmosphere at Gadbois changed drastically after V/M’s comeback. It was the complete opposite to the fairy tale promoted here and there. Those who hopelessly tried to initiate the debate and argue about conflict of interest, time sharing between the teams with the same coaches, etc. - and I was not the only one - were just bringing the attention to the obvious complexity of the new situation in Gadbois and we were right to do so, like it or not.

Gosh, I guess they should have left, then.

Or left after the Olympics, if their world was so shattered.

laviemn

Gosh, I guess they should have left, then.

Or left after the Olympics, if their world was so shattered.

Well they didn't. They chose to face up to a difficult situation instead of running away. It's obvious it toughened them up and matured them if you've been paying close attention this past season. They're back on top and enjoying their careers, and they said in that interview that they'll be ready to face tough challenges that they assume are coming in the future. In hindsight, they made the right decision, and they've never said or implied they believe otherwise.

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Well they didn't. They chose to face up to a difficult situation instead of running away. It's obvious it toughened them up and matured them if you've been paying close attention this past season. They're back on top and enjoying their careers, and they said in that interview that they'll be ready to face tough challenges that they assume are coming in the future. In hindsight, they made the right decision, and they've never said or implied they believe otherwise.

Agreed - my post was sarcastic to said poster. :p

bcash

I am a fan of their style and skating but no longer a fan of gabby. I do not think her hopes about VM failing is in sync with the Olympic spirit.

Also she appears to be a self entitled individual.

Wait why has everyone already finished reading this long French interview? Is there an English version somewhere or did people just go through the trouble of copying and pasting on google translate?

Anyway, I always found Scott Moir cocky+bluff macho and Tessa Virtue fake nice+airbrushed to death. Their words after 2014 certainly made them sound extremely entitled. Let’s not pretend that luck and judging didn’t help them with their Olympic win.

skatfan

Wait why has everyone already finished reading this long French interview? Is there an English version somewhere or did people just go through the trouble of copying and pasting on google translate?

Anyway, I always found Scott Moir cocky+bluff macho and Tessa Virtue fake nice+airbrushed to death. Their words after 2014 certainly made them sound extremely entitled. Let’s not pretend that luck and judging didn’t help them with their Olympic win.

I finally copied chunks into Google translate. And yes V/M benefited by P/Cs issues in the SP. it was a very close thing.

alain06fr

I am a fan of their style and skating but no longer a fan of gabby. I do not think her hopes about VM failing is in sync with the Olympic spirit.

Welcome to earth!

Don’t tell me you never ever had similar ideas coming to your mind when playing games or watching sport events / competitions. No one will believe you one second. We are humans with our strengths and our weaknesses, as simple as this. People being honest and true with oneself deserve respect, full respect. Gaby and Guillaume’s success is definitely related to their authenticity on the ice. They never try to hide their personalities by playing fake characters. They’re ready to be themselves while expressing their deep feelings on the ice. Somehow, they lay themselves bare which is so difficult but the result is just soooo brilliant and make their performances unique.

On the other hand, Caron leading Skate Canada while being judge on purpose at OG and not seeing any discrepancy with the Olympic/sport spirit & values is for sure totally hypocritical, shameful and fake!

Last edited:

Emdee

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess you know them personally to make these comments. I have only met them a couple of times. Scott was extremely nice and Tessa was far from air brushed. They were dressed in sweat pants! I know people who see them at the cottage and their opinion is that they are very down to earth.

Which words after 2014 are you referring to? I always found them very gracious.

Emdee

Welcome to earth!

Don’t tell me you never ever had similar ideas coming to your mind when playing games or watching sport events / competitions. No one will believe you one second. We are humans with our strengths and our weaknesses, as simple as this. People being honest and true with oneself deserve respect, full respect. Gaby and Guillaume’s success is definitely related to their authenticity on the ice. They never try to hide their personalities by playing fake characters. They’re ready to be themselves while expressing their deep feelings on the ice. Somehow, they lay themselves bare which is so difficult but the result is just soooo brilliant and make their performances unique.

On the other hand, Caron leading Skate Canada while being judge on purpose at OG and not seeing any discrepancy with the Olympic/sport spirit & values is for sure totally hypocritical, shameful and fake!
Gaby’s Words were definitely honest. But, I still believe that an Olympian must aspire to be above us mere mortals....certainly not be so petty in thoughts. No question. She laid herself bare in that interview.

Anyway, I wish them well in their pursuit of Olympic gold and am very sad that I won’t be seeing them in SOI.

laviemn

If you can use Chrome browser, right click anywhere on the webpage and there will be an option to translate the entire page to your default language in the browser.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
I am a fan of their style and skating but no longer a fan of gabby.
Sorry but that sounds pretty much like a kid stomping her foot on the recess floor crying "you're no longer my friend", i.e. quite a childish reaction.

I do not think her hopes about VM failing is in sync with the Olympic spirit.
She never "hoped about VM failing" ! It was her observation that V/M were not making any mistake, hence not giving them any advantage. It's pretty different. Anyway the Olympic spirit, as Pierre de Coubertin imagined it, has started coping it decades ago...

Gabriella is everything BUT an entitled individual. I am not one of her friends at all but I have the opportunity to talk to her often + she happens to be the room mate of someone I'm close to in a lot of their travels. She is a clever, articulate, easy going and down to earth woman. She speaks her mind, that's all. In a world where stonewalling is the norm, it's courageous and refreshing. If i was in her shoes, I would not have expressed my feelings the way she did but the thing is : I'm not in her shoes :D Still, I understand what she said because when I was a competitor, I've thought 1 million times : shit, I wasn't perfect and if this one is, I'm not going to win. Oh crap she's doesn't make mistakes, I'm dead ! Athletes are human beings hence no saints.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
What do you think the people on the sofas are thinking as they see what their competitors are doing? "I hope they'll do better than me"?

After the SD mishap P/C would have needed V/M to get lower marks, such as by failing to hit their levels. This does not equate to wishing them ill, and it is natural for an athlete to want to get the best result possible. So long as this is achieved by fair means, I see no problem.

To me Papadakis seems like someone who has a brain, a personality and a sense of humor, and I appreciate her honesty.

barbarafan

Most likely all the toxic feelings and conspiracies from those who should be supportive and encouraging must have been very stressful to P/C as they tried to train at their hardest and not lose any artistic integrity. They have certainly shown their stength to have survived it and this yr to hit the ground running to address any weaknesses they had had pointed out to them last season. So pleased with their growth.

alain06fr

Most likely all the toxic feelings and conspiracies from those who should be supportive and encouraging must have been very stressful to P/C as they tried to train at their hardest and not lose any artistic integrity. They have certainly shown their stength to have survived it and this yr to hit the ground running to address any weaknesses they had had pointed out to them last season. So pleased with their growth.

True, it’s really hard to face such tricky situation especially when you don’t expect it. When a very friendly, cool and trustful atmosphere turns into something else then you have to cope with it but it’s for sure quite disruptive, especially when you’re young and not prepared for it.

Jimena

After saying this:

I'm surprised you don't see the irony of saying this about someone's comments about V&M:

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess you know them personally to make these comments.

Isabelle.G

I cannot help it but I don't see what's the big deal with the whole interview. If there were more of these, I wouldn't mind as it's still polite, yet honest.
I'm sure some people would be outraged as well even if Gabi and Guillaume claimed they came to the Games with the desire to be second and they'd actually refuse the first place. :D At least that's how crazy this whole "they're so rude and terrible" propaganda seems to be.
Btw, don't tell me that here in this very moment are Tessa and Scott standing and thinking "oh God, please, let the French win, we don't want the first place." :D

Peepsquick

I cannot help it but I don't see what's the big deal with the whole interview. If there were more of these, I wouldn't mind as it's still polite, yet honest.
I'm sure some people would be outraged as well even if Gabi and Guillaume claimed they came to the Games with the desire to be second and they'd actually refuse the first place. :D At least that's how crazy this whole "they're so rude and terrible" propaganda seems to be.
Btw, don't tell me that here in this very moment are Tessa and Scott standing and thinking "oh God, please, let the French win, we don't want the first place." :D

This very picture has come to my mind a few times since the beginning of this circus! ;)

barbarafan

Anyway, has anyone started thinking already of their possible music choices for the RD next season? Of course, they could go for something common but it's G&G I'm thinking about, so I expect something original and less known... what do you think?
I would not presume to think...I have zero imagination...I know what I like when I hear it but would never be able to find something......I shall just have to wait...and wait.....and wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information