Papadakis/Cizeron #7 - A Matter of Confidentiality

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarafan

This time, I let the experts on conspiracy theories who pretend to know everything to find out!
k..That is mean....I just want to know if they are ok.....They are more than fabulous ice skaters...they are people...We can just wait a little longer for their program...tuff shit.

Isabelle.G

NBC is reporting a (non serious) back injury sustained in practice https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/11/06/gabriella-papadakis-guillaume-cizeron-injury/

Well... that's really unfortunate for them and, selfishly speaking, sad for us, the fans. I guess we just have to wait another two weeks... What troubles me more, though, is the GPF... On the other hand, it's still better to 'struggle' this season than the last one. Anyway, I hope they get back to normal training as soon as possible. :)

Miloune

According to Jackie Wong, Guillaume hurt his back. They are still on IdF.

Are we sure that they'll still go at Idf (if his back is healed?)? What are the chances that they skip the GP season completely since they won't make it to the GPF no matter what? I'd say they are high no?
I'm asking because I desperately want to see them in Grenoble and I fear that won't be the case... :( :(

Icetigger

Are we sure that they'll still go at Idf (if his back is healed?)? What are the chances that they skip the GP season completely since they won't make it to the GPF no matter what? I'd say they are high no?
I'm asking because I desperately want to see them in Grenoble and I fear that won't be the case... :(:(
I think they will still want to get their programmes out there; and also support their federation.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !

Icetigger

It's going to make their programme debuts at IDF very interesting. Literally everyone (as long as C/B skate at Rostelecom; and H/B at NHK) will have debuted their programmes by then, and their FD might be the last programme debuted of the whole season.

alain06fr

Guys,
Guillaume was advised not to travel such distance(Montréal/Hiroshima) till he was fully recovered. He is able to skate so it should be a short term issue. Therefore Gaby and Guillaume plan to be in Grenoble.

Note: Guillaume is able to skate but he will obviously avoid to perform lifts until he fully recovers in the coming days.

Last edited:

laviemn

I'm asking because I desperately want to see them in Grenoble and I fear that won't be the case... :(:(

The thing about back pain is that it's very easy to reaggravate so...hope for the best and expect the worst? I'll feel badly for the people here who bought tickets to see them if they pull out of IdF so hoping for the best both for Guillaume and you.

I think if they're ready it would be best to go to IdF to test their levels and get feedback, but only if they're truly ready.

laviemn

I came in this thread to learn a bit about their programs cause I ain't got a clue.
Instead, I find crazy peeps - of the team who won, above all - still whinging about it? :confused:
What's wrong with you, guys?!:rolleyes:

Now, can someone tell me what programs do they have this season? I mean the music of course. lol

RD: Oblivion & Primavera Portena performed by Gidon Kremer

FD: 2 unspecified songs by Rachael Yamagata, that they've described as guitar based lyrical folk

Icetigger

The thing about back pain is that it's very easy to reaggravate so...hope for the best and expect the worst?

Because it's from a fall I think it's less likely to be re-aggravated. I think it's more likely with an injury due to say repeating a manoeuvre with a technique that has resulted in the injury, whereby if you rebegin training without a necessary adjustment in technique you will just recreate the injury (usually in quicker time). A little rest and a little cautiousness and, from the sound of it, he should be fine....

I'm more worried about Paul Poirier's back and neck doing that final lift in their FD to be honest in terms of long term injury. Every time I see it I want to call an osteopath.

Last edited:

alain06fr

It would be especially sad for Gabriella and Guillaume:(
AFAIK, they will compete at Grenoble:)

You're right... How "pretended to be" G&G fans could be more concerned about their tickets for a competition rather than Guillaume's health and recovery? How shameful!

alain06fr

You can be both? A fan who hopes to see them live in Grenoble AND concerned for his health.
Sure you can be both, the most important being still - and by far - for Guillaume to recover ASAP, right?????
And I let you guess how much I want to see them compete in Grenoble...
At this point, G&G are expected to participate to the French Grand Prix.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Guys,
Guillaume was advised not to travel such distance(Montréal/Hiroshima) till he was fully recovered. He is able to skate so it should be a short term issue. Therefore Gaby and Guillaume plan to be in Grenoble.

Note: Guillaume is able to skate but he will obviously avoid to perform lifts until he fully recovers in the coming days.

Thank-you

laviemn

You're right... How "pretended to be" G&G fans could be more concerned about their tickets for a competition rather than Guillaume's health and recovery? How shameful!

A fan who spends a few hundred Euros to travel to see them specifically is the kind of fan skaters want. Those are the kinds of fans that get them invited to shows and other opportunities that are lucrative. It's human to be disappointed after investing your time and money and no one said anything about not feeling concern for Guillaume.

Amantide

RD: Oblivion & Primavera Portena performed by Gidon Kremer

FD: 2 unspecified songs by Rachael Yamagata, that they've described as guitar based lyrical folk

Thank you. :)
I love Oblivion. I have a special connection with that piece because it was used in "The Best of Youth" and I luuuuurve that movie. I don't remember Primavera Portena though. Ima gonna check that one, always Piazolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information