Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatfan

The start list for the free dance is here. Gabi and Guillaume will be the last ones to skate. It's gonna be spectacular, I believe them. :) And for me it means setting up my alarm clock for 3 am :D
Well, they are doing the skating in reverse order of standing, so it’s not a surprise.

Bournekraatzfan

CBC Commentary RD:

S: The skating world has been waiting for this moment

T: (twizzles) Perfection

S: (simultaneously) Owwww

Sharp enough for you, T?

T: Wowww

These two leveraging the dance style waacking which is characterized by striking arm movements and poses and it’s a style that’s focussed on empowerment and strength, two thing Gabriella and Guillaume masterfully display

S: (MB) Pay attention to the ice they’re taking up on this sequence, all the way across centre

T: And watch for the intricacy of those dance holds and positions, unlike anyone else on competitive ice

S: Putting on a clinic here

S: (after program has concluded) Have mercy on the rest of the field!

T: Oh, I was totally enveloped into their web, I was captive audience. That was…extraordinary

S: (low soft voice) I’m at a loss for words, to be honest, I just thought, how commanding. Um, when they do that, the waacking with the arms, it doesn’t look human, it’s like the legs are doing something and the ar—I don’t even understand. Those special effects that are used in this is pretty incredible. But the unison, the strength, the…I mean, obviously the clean turns but they brought you in, I thought.

T: And, and to do that with all eyes on them as they eye the top of the podium. not an easy feat

S: (as Gabi and Gui embrace MF and Romain) And the look on their face says it all.

T: Do you see a little relief?

S: Relief. I was gonna say. Clearly what they’ve been doing at home. Sometimes that is the emotion that comes to you first, especially in the short dance. But we always say you can’t win the Olympics in the short dance but you can lose it. (slow motion replay starting)

I mean, for anyone who’s never seen Papadakis and Cizeron before, pay attention to the way they use their skating leg, the leg that is on the ice, the intense knee action. Look how low, they’re in a full squat as they’re using, using every single bit of the stride. It is technique that is completely mastered, arguably the best we’ve ever seen

T: This program, to me, felt like it was good for the sport

S: Ah, totally. And what do you think, why Tess, just, is it the arms, is it the way they, like, it, it’s perfectly matched, I mean

T: You’re right about the technique but it’s that they can balance that with this otherworldly ability to express themselves with their upper bodies, and that is so hard to do and remain strong on your blade

S: (replay of end of stsq) That swizzle at the very end of the footwork, she

T: Uhh, she held on

S: Yeah. You know what, when you have a little bit of attack in your performance like they do , you can kinda give that one to them. Judges may be looking down a little earlier for the GOE hopefully.

Last edited:

Peepsquick

CBC Commentary RD:

S: The skating world has been waiting for this moment

T: (twizzles) Perfection

S: (simultaneously) Owwww

Sharp enough for you, T?

T: Wowww

These two leveraging the dance style waacking which is characterized by striking arm movements and poses and it’s a style that’s focussed on empowerment and strength, two thing Gabrielle and Guillaume masterfully display

S: (MB) Pay attention to the ice they’re taking up on this sequence, all the way across centre

T: And watch for the intricacy of those dance holds and positions, unlike anyone else on competitive ice

S: Putting on a clinic here

S: (after program has concluded) Have mercy on the rest of the field!

T: Oh, I was totally enveloped into their web, I was captive audience. That was…extraordinary

S: (low soft voice) I’m at a loss for words, to be honest, I just thought, how commanding. Um, when they do that, the waacking with the arms, it doesn’t look human, it’s like the legs are doing something and the ar—I don’t even understand. Those special effects that are used in this is pretty incredible. But the unison, the strength, the…I mean, obviously the clean turns but they brought you in, I thought.

T: And, and to do that with all eyes on them as they eye the top of the podium. not an easy feat

S: (as Gabi and Gui embrace MF and Romain) And the look on their face says it all.

T: Do you see a little relief?

S: Relief. I was gonna say. Clearly what they’ve been doing at home. Sometimes that is the emotion that comes to you first, especially in the short dance. But we always say you can’t win the Olympics in the short dance but you can lose it. (slow motion replay starting)

I mean, for anyone who’s never seen Papadakis and Cizeron before, pay attention to the way they use their skating leg, the leg that is on the ice, the intense knee action. Look how low, they’re in a full squat as they’re using, using every single bit of the stride. It is technique that is completely mastered, arguably the best we’ve ever seen

T: This program, to me, felt like it was good for the sport

S: Ah, totally. And what do you think, why Tess, just, is it the arms, is it the way they, like, it, it’s perfectly matched, I mean

T: You’re right about the technique but it’s that they can balance that with this otherworldly ability to express themselves with their upper bodies, and that is so hard to do and remain strong on your blade

S: (replay of end of stsq) That swizzle at the very end of the footwork, she

T: Uhh, she held on

S: Yeah. You know what, when you have a little bit of attack in your performance like they do , you can kinda give that one to them. Judges may be looking down a little earlier for the GOE hopefully.
Thank you for the transcription @Bournekraatzfan! :)

Bournekraatzfan

No problem, Peepsquick! I hope you enjoy the event tonight! I think I am too nervous to watch. I was going to ask my mother to tell me if they skate well before I watch, but she is also too nervous to watch, lol. I know it will be a great event tonight :)

Peepsquick

No problem, Peepsquick! I hope you enjoy the event tonight! I think I am too nervous to watch. I was going to ask my mother to tell me if they skate well before I watch, but she is also too nervous to watch, lol. I know it will be a great event tonight :)
I know the feeling! It's killing me ... ! Glad that Gabi and Guillaume showed solid nerves in the RD. Hoping for the best tonight!

Sugar64

Is there a video of the press conference after the RD and does anyone know if the press conference after the FD will be shown anywhere?

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
So so so happy for them. I can't imagine the pressure, Guillaume looked about to faint in the K&C. It was beautiful and exquisite they deserved all the 10s and more frankly. That is all I wanted from those Olympics :cheer2: Such dominance since 2015, it would have been a travesty.

Fadeevfanboy

I hope they atleast consider continuing. I would miss them so much. And with probably most of the other top teams retiring from the sounds of it, the field could be really thin without them.

Today was just about completing their long awaited goal though and what pressure was on them. It reminds me of Nathan Chen. And they delivered in such style.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
And now as is traditional:

SUCK ON IT HATERZZZZ :D
I remember your SUCK ON IT back from the very start of their climb on this forum in 2014/2015 season. 8 years to follow them and never have they disappoint (just that effing dress but this is in the past now) They brought us fans so many wonderful emotions and legendary programs. Very proud to be their fan. Thank you Gaby and Guillaume for your grace and strength
PS: I am wrecked so please forgive the cheesiness of this message :D

Last edited:

Khaleesi

I hope they atleast consider continuing. I would miss them so much. And with probably most of the other top teams retiring from the sounds of it, the field could be really thin without them.

Today was just about completing their long awaited goal though and what pressure was on them. It reminds me of Nathan Chen. And they delivered in such style.
I hope they continue too! What have they said about that?

Oh and obviously a huge congratulations to them very well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information