Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcash

Oh and, the Chinese commentators also mentioned that the Russian commentators sitting next to them were clearly “moved” by P/C’s performance. I’m doing a literal translation and I’m not entirely sure what they meant by “moved”. Probably made an impact/elicited a reaction that was easily noticeable.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
What did V/M said ? Any technical comment or particular view ? I'm curious now :D
They were very complimentary. First comment during the skate was on the twizzle with a perfection from Tessa and a ahouuuuu from Scott followed by Sharp enough for your teeth !!!! They noticed the intricacy of the dance holds and ice coverage during the pattern. Tessa was enveloped into their web and he was very impressed with the whacking, the difficulty of dissociation between the upper movements and the legs. He also praised their knee action and how low in a squat position they are: mastered technique arguably the best we've ever seen. Well he was feeling lyrical !!! They did notice Gaby's check on the twizzle ending the one step seq.

Khaleesi

They were very complimentary. First comment during the skate was on the twizzle with a perfection from Tessa and a ahouuuuu from Scott followed by Sharp enough for your teeth !!!! They noticed the intricacy of the dance holds and ice coverage during the pattern. Tessa was enveloped into their web and he was very impressed with the whacking, the difficulty of dissociation between the upper movements and the legs. He also praised their knee action and how low in a squat position they are: mastered technique arguably the best we've ever seen. Well he was feeling lyrical !!! They did notice Gaby's check on the twizzle ending the one step seq.
Do you have a link?

skatfan

Huh, now it shows that this video is "private". And my VPN is set to the US and can see other Olympic videos they posted, but not the P/C nor C/B ones that they posted last night. Has NBC taken them down? (Music copyright issues??)
I’m in the US and it’s playing for me.

Amantide

Huh, now it shows that this video is "private". And my VPN is set to the US and can see other Olympic videos they posted, but not the P/C nor C/B ones that they posted last night. Has NBC taken them down?
I can see that from Italy. Try without VPN.

bcash

Rewatching the Chinese feed of the RD event and caught up with the group warm-up. Interesting titbit of info: the commentators mentioned that P/C reached out (twice) to the event organizers here in BJ to help with their costume prep, to make the buttons extra secure. But I'm not sure that they have buttons on their tops in either program?

And wow @ the lean and depth of edge in that Midline sequence in the warm-up, shown through the rink-side camera angle.

Last edited:

Isabelle.G

I have a feeling they'll skate with freedom.

I think so too. I believe in them: I believe they're ready, super trained, mentally in a different place than where they were back in 2018, and while still being extra careful, having broken the WR in the RD, they'll skate with joy and freedom. That it's going to be the kind of skate of theirs we admire them for so much. All the best of luck!

Viscaro

I am sad that I will not be able to watch them live on TV for their perhaps last Olympics but I do wish them the best of luck for the FD (they already have everything else to win). Feels like the end of an era, so happy to see them so close to their goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information