Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Why are people so nervous though? Who else could challenge them to gold? And they’re not usually error prone. So deep breath! They’ll be fine.
I think so too. I am usually a pessimist when it comes to my favorites, but I have not worried for P/C this season. Nobody has scored close to what they have, all season. No jinx intended.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They had such horrible luck in 2018 with the Short dance dress fiasco-and they were trained and focused and everything was on point heading in.

Please no mistakes, weird calls, discounted elements etc. Ice is slippery and anything can happen.
Last time, in 2018, they and V/M had a close contest. I don't see it this time. Still, it is best to be careful and avoid any mishaps.

Escarbille

48 hours before the start of the RD, the tension is rising. I found a reason to reassure myself...
Let's imagine that they deliver 2 performances of the same level as in 2018. With the evolution of the rating in 4 years, we can use the ratio compared to the maximum score. In 2018, their ratio was 96% for the RD (with the wardrobe malfunction) and 98.9% for the FD. In 2022, this would give a score of 92.3 for DR and 140 for FD. Who can compete with that ? :giggle:

Marta24

I try to not be too nervous. I just want to enjoy watching them skate, because who knows if we will see them skate again in competition after Montpellier.

Orm Irian

I don't know if anyone else has seen this - there's been a three-part series on French ice dancing in L'Equipe over the past few days and today's (final) instalment is about P/C. It's here, but it's paywalled so I can't read beyond the first paragraph which describes how stunned everyone was when they won their first GP even over Cappellini/Lanotte in 2014. If anyone has a subscription and feels up to giving a summary, it would be very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone else here.

Pull quote from Marie-France that I saw on Twitter, translated into English: "He is a great artist, she is a great performer. Many stars have lined up to make it happen for them. Their story is a fairy tale." And another: "Some couples thought that they'd come to work with us and we'd sprinkle a little fairy dust on them and boom! they'd win Worlds. But you have to have a certain talent, and work for a long time with the same partner..."

yuna13fr

I don't know if anyone else has seen this - there's been a three-part series on French ice dancing in L'Equipe over the past few days and today's (final) instalment is about P/C. It's here, but it's paywalled so I can't read beyond the first paragraph which describes how stunned everyone was when they won their first GP even over Cappellini/Lanotte in 2014. If anyone has a subscription and feels up to giving a summary, it would be very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone else here.

Pull quote from Marie-France that I saw on Twitter, translated into English: "He is a great artist, she is a great performer. Many stars have lined up to make it happen for them. Their story is a fairy tale." And another: "Some couples thought that they'd come to work with us and we'd sprinkle a little fairy dust on them and boom! they'd win Worlds. But you have to have a certain talent, and work for a long time with the same partner..."
I have it. But i think it would be best to wait until the ID event is over. People (haters ) have a tendancy to take P/C's quotes and twisted theirs words and used it to attack them.
On a fun side they put Scott's quote about them being the best team of all time! 🤣

Orm Irian

It's funny how she says she always watch Gabbi skate as a coach and never as a mother. Interesting how she can dissociate even if she hasn't been coaching them for a long time. Is it usual?
It probably makes it easier for her if she can compartmentalise rather than going full mama hen any time Gabi steps on the ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information