Orser explains why Briand coached Hanyu at GP Final in Torino (Hersh article); also a Ghislain Briand article (in French)

meer

Saying Hanyu is not concerned about winning the GPF is hilarious. This is the guy who said things dramatic things like "losing is like death" and just recently after the NHK said the only thing that matters is competing against Nathan and winning the GPF. He was very concerned about winning. Probably way too concerned, which is why he was out there doing layouts he's barely practiced. If he'd chill out and just do what he does well he'd probably be better off. Though I don't think he knows the meaning of the word chill.

Vase

Med wasn't taking any of his time during the GPF :saint:
Sorry I’ll be clearer.
‘IMO’
Most coaches do favour skaters and it seems Orser don’t often leave Med. so it’s possible HANYU wanted more attention then he was given from Orser leading into the event. But as I said all speculation and opinions, time will tell.

karmena

It was a joke.

Also, this is a figure skating board where people express their opinions. That means we are all appointed as judges... Even you.
It was a joke.

Also, this is a figure skating board where people express their opinions. That means we are all appointed as judges... Even you.

Sure :)! I totally agree/understand! and I do not have anything against the particular post at all.

I was/am only against calling Brian Orser a liar : 'Stop to tell Yet Another Lie...B!'
perhaps I was not clear enough expressing myself? (or misunderstood something:confused:?)

Tinami Amori

The funny thing is... as far as i followed Hanyu's situation at this event, he has not once complained about his coach's presence or lack of it, at GPF. Then he was asked, then he diplomatically answered. And then the media and fans started probing, guessing, speculating and looking up relevant info, and then Hanyu/Orser/Briand had to explain, and then Hersh article with "trouble in paradise" heading...

.... why? :huh:

karmena

Ha! Ha :lol:! Got it! thank you, MacMadame!

I have to admit, that I have not followed that part (who, why) of skating or any fs forum at all during that time... laugh or not, for me to watch figure skating competitions was like a sacred moment of time, like a big feast day...

feraina

I wonder if Orser will be in Japan with Hanyu. It’s lucky that Japan and Russian Nationals are not happening simultaneously this year. I remember Zueva often had to choose between Canadian and US nationals, and it was seen as a sign of which team she favored.

Ladida

Both Orser and Ghislain should be there, but I only saw pictures of Yuzuru, so maybe they are still on the way to Japan.

DaveRocks

Eh?
I wonder if Orser will be in Japan with Hanyu. It’s lucky that Japan and Russian Nationals are not happening simultaneously this year. I remember Zueva often had to choose between Canadian and US nationals, and it was seen as a sign of which team she favored.
Orser will definitely be there.

barbarafan

Usually us and Canada had diff. days but I do remember her not being at a cdn nationals when they were held at exactly the same time.
I think my contract Hanyu gets Brian and other students are told b4 they come aboard that that is the way it would be but he always had top coaches working with all the kids as well. He wanted to turn down Jason when he started as he really did not feel he would have enough time but Tracy felt very strongly about taking Jason so they made the deal that in case of a conflict Tracy attends and she also spends a great deal of time with him in training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information