OK, lets do it! Who are your top 3 Favorite Russian Pairs teams?

OK, lets do it! Who are your top 3 Favorite Russian Pairs teams?

• Total voters

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
And Good Lord if I leave your favorite off forgive me.

Down to business: Who are your top 3 favorite Russian Pairs teams of all time??? Why?

I think y'all know my favs. But lets do top 3 so we can discuss our faves in more detail.

In terms of available space I will leave off Tarasova & Morosov for now as they are more relatively new.

Im going for the proven Greats here with this poll.

Wish I could have added Beschke & Petrov, Kasakova & Dmitriev and Rodnina with Ulanov.

The 10th spot I went with Petrova & Tikhonov but had to think about it.

gk_891

For me, definitely the first 3 teams listed. They have captured my attention more than any of the other teams have.

MAXSwagg

1. G/G - perfect, that is all
2. B/S - ethereal...love the contrast between his strength and swagger and her delicatness
3. V/T - drama...power yet lightness, perfectly matched
4. S/K - MODERN...absolutely superb skating skills...effortlessness

These teams combine artistry, skating skills, unique programs, high-quality elements, emotion into one complete jewel. No one else can compete. This order is mostly trivial because I pretty much like all of these teams equally though for different reasons.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

My choices are eons old, but here goes.

I loved Valova and Vassiliev for their drama and expressive choreography, Selezneva and Makarov for their attack, and the relatively unheralded pair of Vorobieva and Vlasov for combining multiple elements years before it became a thing.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
The only thing Ill say about Elena B is that I didnt see enough joy on her face...

To me, she usually seemed burdensome, worried or melancholy... something...

(Now that I think of it same for Yuko and Tatiana Tot. whom I adore both!!!) I guess the Alexa Scimerim's are rare.

Added later: I was thinking of Megan D, and she seems to be as expressive as Alexa. Then I thought some more.. same for Ashley Cain, Haven (all smiles), Marissa, Julianne. Question: Do North American women in pairs seem to be more expressive (smiling and joy) than their Russian counterparts?

One thing that hooked me in with Natalia Mishkutenok is how she (usually) stared gazingly into Artur. It did create a vision for me.

Perhaps Russian women (and men) feel more stress in pairs because of their long, rich history of pairs skating?

Added even later... Man, now that I think about it wasn't Elena B abused by an ex-partner?? Im trying to remember the commentating during some of their performances and now that I think of it I think I remember commentators saying she was abused. Man.... Do they still perform as professionals? Anyone know what they are up to?

Last edited:

Bellanca

I guess I'm just no good at polls. I think I have it narrowed down to three, and then out of the blue, I recall something charming or memorable that happened at a competition, changing my mind, again Or, I might have a soft spot for a team or two that are listed, making it impossible. Exhausting! :yawn: :)

Now, if we were polling top 3 favorite American pairs teams, that's easy!

Taso

My choices are eons old, but here goes.

I loved Valova and Vassiliev for their drama and expressive choreography, Selezneva and Makarov for their attack, and the relatively unheralded pair of Vorobieva and Vlasov for combining multiple elements years before it became a thing.

I love all three of these pairs, too, and could easily put them into my top 3. I selected M&D, S&K, and B&S. 4h would've been the Protopopovs

blue_idealist

M/D, G/G, P/T... besides Bechke/Petrov, Shishkova/Naumov and Eltsova/Bushkov were unfortunately also missing, although they wouldn't have changed my choice.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Gordeeva & Grinkov, Mishkutenok & Dmitriev and Volosozhar & Trankov. Actually, I wanted to select all of the Pairs couples listed. :) (y)

hanca

Values her privacy
From the currently competing Russian pairs, Stolbova/Klimov, Efimova/Korovin, and until yesterday I would say Atakhanova/Spiridonov, but now it looks that I will have to find a different junior pair. :( I can't wait for Russian cups and for JGP events.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Funny that 3-times OGM winner (2-time with Zaitsev) has the fewest votes in this poll.

I picked the traditional- G&G, M&D, B&S. I also liked V&T and T&M a lot but I could choose only three.

Coquelicot14

We are missing Kazakova/Dmitriev :drama:
I liked his skating with her much more then with Mishkutenok.
From the pairs above though,
V&T, S&K, B&S, special mention to K&S.
New faves: A&R

Last edited:

Amantide

1. Natalia&Artur
2. Elena&Anton
3. The Protopovs
:encore:

4. Honourable mention: Klibova. :respec:

I so did love Bechke&Petrov when they went Pro. also. :swoon:

Users who are viewing this thread