1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ode to the beautiful game 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Despicable!

2. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Dortmund beat Bayern 3-2 in the German Cup semi final. I normally don't have any preferences but after everything they've been through, I'm really happy for Dortmund! :cheer2:

alexikeguchi, NeilJLeonard and Buzz like this.
  3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Congrats to them! :cheer2:

ballettmaus likes this.
  4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS MANCHESTER UNITED!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

5. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Not the most exciting game ever played but they are now eligible for the UEFA Champions League next season and they are now 1 of 5 teams, and the 2nd English team, to have won all of the UEFA trophies available.

NJL

Buzz likes this.
  6. NeilJLeonard

Arsenal 2 v 1 Chelsea in the FA Cup Final. Interesting game in that Arsenal were clearly the better team in this game. Chelsea won the Premier league title by certainly being the best team over the 38 game season, but in this one game for the FA Cup trophy they were not even close to being the best team on the field. Such is sport....:)

NJL (another example would be the NE Patriots losing to a lesser NY Giants in 2 Super Bowls, events I dearly loved..;)..)

Buzz and alexikeguchi like this.
  7. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Huddersfield advance to the Premier League for the first time since 1972!

Buzz and NeilJLeonard like this.
  8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

9. NeilJLeonard

USA 1 v 1 Mexico at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City. USA gets an unexpected point in a place that is one of the most difficult venues for the visiting team to do anything but lose. Mexico stays #1 in the Hex. The USA moves up to #3 temporarily.

NJL..(....:respec::eek::40beers::)..)

Buzz and alexikeguchi like this.
  10. alexikeguchi

alexikeguchi Well-Known Member

Buzz, KHenry14 and NeilJLeonard like this.
  11. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Germany won the U21 European Championship title on Friday, playing 1:0 against Spain, and today, the so-called "Perspektiv-Team" (a team consisting of a lot of very young players, many who have never played on the team before) won the ConfedCup 1:0 against Chile. :cheer2: :cheer2:

alexikeguchi and Buzz like this.
  12. NeilJLeonard

No comments on the CONCACAF Gold Cup?

13. NeilJLeonard

OK, I'll comment...;-)

USA and Jamaica will play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final Wednesday night @ 9PM EDT on FS1 in the US.

More than likely the game will start at 10PM with a full hour of gab and commercials starting at 9PM.

NJL

alexikeguchi and Buzz like this.
  14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Congrats to both teams! I really did not expect Jamaica to win at all! Very well done! Should be a great game! :cheer2:

15. NeilJLeonard

It could be good. The USA has scored 11 goals and Jamaica has only given up 2. I predict the the team that scores 1st will win. We will see.

NJL

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017 at 5:42 PM
    Buzz likes this.
  16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting for Jamaica... :slinkaway