OAS ("Obscure" 4CC skaters) news & articles

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ We should probably create a Denis Ten memorial/tribute thread - I had thought about bumping up the GSD one from 2019 again that I posted in last year (there's an old Fan thread in the Trash Can that perhaps can be converted?).

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the 2023 Canadian summer competitions thread in Kiss & Cry...

'Anna' Tzu-Han TING (TPE), who is 17 now and currently coached and choreographed by Joey Russell in Toronto, won her Senior SP & FP groups at the Skate Ontario Sectional Series July comp.! :)

I'm optimistic that she is on track to get the SP TES (32) she needs for 2024 Worlds. Her TES in Friday's SP, for reference, was 29.78 (30.41 in her 2022 Worlds debut).
Her "Crimson Peak" SP from Friday's livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNcmwM9dHqA

Anna's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu__hJ3L2tp/

Joey Russell posted an IG story last night that said he choreographed both of her programs in the past 2 weeks that she has been in Toronto!
Her ISU bio is updated with her new program music: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00108222.htm
SP: Crimson Peak [2015 film soundtrack] by Fernando Velázquez
FS: Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Michael Price, David Arnold

Comment from last night's play-by-play thread :D:
We have Sherlock Holmes with voiceovers!
ETA credit to @Seerek who posted this in an earlier OAS news thread (April 2018):
I believe I am the first to post about Chinese Taipei's Tzu Han Ting (12), who landed 3 salchow - 3 toe combination in the free skate en route to winning advanced novice division at Rooster Cup [in France] last week.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Richard Kam has retired from competitive skating 😭, per Instagram post today from joint account of his (former) Team New Zealand dance partnership with Charlotte Lafond-Fournier.

Although she had added herself to icepartnersearch quite a while ago, I think today's post is their first official announcement of the end of their partnership?
Until today, I had been holding out hope that Richard had not ruled out the possibility of a new partnership, but of course wish him well in future endeavors. 🤗

Excerpt:

" Charlotte will be looking to continue her skating career, so please continue to support her and her journey!​
Ricky has retired from competitive skating and will look for new beginnings.​
❤️ "​

Last edited:

On My Own

Li Yu-Hsiang from """""""""""""Chinese Taipei"""""""""""""""" aka Taiwan won Asian Open's junior division 🎉🎉🎉 We will be seeing him at 4CC, where hopefully he'll be getting senior mins (I think he's age eligible for seniors - and he was very close to getting senior mins here in both programs, despite junior tech requirements in the LP).

Andrea82

Li Yu-Hsiang from """""""""""""Chinese Taipei"""""""""""""""" aka Taiwan won Asian Open's junior division 🎉🎉🎉 We will be seeing him at 4CC, where hopefully he'll be getting senior mins (I think he's age eligible for seniors - and he was very close to getting senior mins here in both programs, despite junior tech requirements in the LP).
He needs to get 4CC minimums first. They must be achieved in an international Senior competition.

Last edited:

On My Own

He needs to get 4CC minimums first. They must be achirved in an international Senior competition.
Oh god lol. Well hopefully he'll be sent to a small competition. I guess he could have just competed in seniors here, but they didn't bother, or they don't plan on doing seniors this season.

cohkaix

Oh god lol. Well hopefully he'll be sent to a small competition. I guess he could have just competed in seniors here, but they didn't bother, or they don't plan on doing seniors this season.
Yu-Hsiang will focus on JWC 2024 (to be held in Taipei), most likely. As for Sr. man, Chinese Taipei will have Fang-yi Lin, who has got very close to 4CC min., and he trains in Beijing.

cohkaix

Oh that's right!! Good luck to him, and Tzu-Han, I believe?
Tzu-Han has moved up to Sr. level, so she should be sent to 4CC (TES minimum already reached). For jr. woman, the most likely entry will be Yu-feng Tsai, who just won the jr. women's title at AO trophy. Yu-feng will skate at both JGP Bangkok & Osaka, and has cleared the TES min for JWC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information