Non-stop Olympic figure skating on YouTube

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I haven't seen this shared anywhere here yet, but I totally could have missed it.

The Olympics Figure Skating YouTube channel is "live" streaming complete Olympic events. As far as I can tell, they started November 1st. I'm not sure if there's any schedule at all or if the events are shown chronologically, but it's kind of fun to pop in and see who you might catch. In the past couple days, I've randomly seen Hubert (Lillehammer SP), Abitbol/Bernadis (Nagano LP), and Isadora Williams (Sochi SP). Not sure if they're going any further back than 1994 or if they're showing dance at all.

quartz

scratching at the light
It came up for me the other day too - I’ve watched a bunch of stuff I’ve never seen before.

skategal

Bunny mama
The 2002 Salt Lake City Pairs FS is on right now. :lol:

That was the first time I turned it on and the first skaters I saw were B/S followed by S/P.

Considering I just watched all that on the episode of Bad Sport, I’ll come back and check again later…. :shuffle:

I’m looking forward to watching some other events though. :lol:

DreamSkates

Nice to know, since they didn't show the entire competition. Hope this year is different.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
They are doing Nagano men's short program right now. I just saw Anthony Liu!

Vagabond

I just watched Krasiltseva & Znachkov's FS from 2002. They were the first to skate, and after they skated, the announcer said something about a brief pause while the judges were given the median marks, and only the median marks. What was that all about? :confused:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I just watched Krasiltseva & Znachkov's FS from 2002. They were the first to skate, and after they skated, the announcer said something about a brief pause while the judges were given the median marks, and only the median marks. What was that all about? :confused:
They always did that. First skaters finished, average mark for both sets was shown for the judges to adjust if they wanted to. That’s why we often saw uniform or almost uniform marks for skater(s) #1.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Unfortunately,this is not the 'Y2K Four Continents Championships Channel' so I am not optimistic Miss Nikodinov will make an appearance,dear.

I shall hope for full compulsory figures events from the 1970s and 80s Olympics to be broadcast.

-BB

Lol how in the world did you remember she was in those four continents championships, I had to sit and think about it. Lol

But they could show the Vancouver worlds in 2003? She kicked serious butt there

Wow over 20 years ago… 2001 worlds

Third after the short program. Behind Michele and Irina. Wow look how packed North American audiences were then

Last edited:

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Salt Lake 2002 Pairs LP right now, final group. Totmianina/Marinins music is... really awful, or maybe it's just the recording. That was a dreary program. And I'm happy programs are shorter now, tbh

Vagabond

What struck me about the Salt Lake City Pairs Free Skating was how quick most of the musical tempos were. One more reason for restoring the ban on vocals.

Cachoo

So I'm working around the house and the Sochi Olympics are playing and the ladies are each having their own Olympic moment. And I have to stop what I'm doing to watch this flawed but refreshing technical program that simply lit up the arena. It was Kaetlyn Osmond doing the Frug. I hope one or more of the skaters can light us up like that this year.

quartz

scratching at the light
Vakhtang Murvanidze mens short 2002 - that was amazing!!
Emanuel Sandhu has withdrawn.
On right now.

VGThuy

Salt Lake 2002 Pairs LP right now, final group. Totmianina/Marinins music is... really awful, or maybe it's just the recording. That was a dreary program. And I'm happy programs are shorter now, tbh
Didn’t they do West Side Story? But they were so Russian that Dick Button mentioned it was a very Eastern Euro take on West Side Story.

Skate Talker

Tuned in this am and saw the last couple of Short Dance performances from Sochi 2014. Next up they showed both the short and free programs of Yuzu only, followed by the official off-site medal presentation. I shed a little tear to see Denis Ten get his bronze medal. He was so happy...

SamuraiK

This is an awesome idea, BUT there should be more variety. The Salt Lake Pairs SP has been on loop all day I believe.

SamuraiK

The Non -Stop streaming has just stopped! XD . Is been paused on Sochi Pairs since the morning lol.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The Non -Stop streaming has just stopped! XD . Is been paused on Sochi Pairs since the morning lol.

Right. It freezes with Castelli/Schnapir during the group warm up. I tried refreshing several times. Freezes at the same point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information