NBC Sports Gold - FREE access

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Free for how long? A lot of people already pay yearly subscriptions for access.

This must be an early promotion ahead of their usual late August yearly access fee, perhaps prompted by the current crisis.

DreamSkates

^^ Free for how long? A lot of people already pay yearly subscriptions for access.

This must be an early promotion ahead of their usual late August yearly access fee, perhaps prompted by the current crisis.
Could be, but for those who haven't paid it's a bonus.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The free access period depends on the sport. Most are free through the end of April and the extra passes are only free if you bought at least one.

DreamSkates

I paid my own money for this service and now they are offering it for free?!?!?!?! I am organizing a boycott of NBC starting now and plan to start a petition on change.org to make them give me my money back!
The majority of the season is over, so what's the problem? There was no Worlds, and it won't last through the year, it's just temporary.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
I paid my own money for this service and now they are offering it for free?!?!?!?! I am organizing a boycott of NBC starting now and plan to start a petition on change.org to make them give me my money back!

If you are being serious, you're being an asshat. And if you're not, this isn't funny, so you're still being an asshat.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
If you are being serious, you're being an asshat. And if you're not, this isn't funny, so you're still being an asshat.
Wow, I don't remember you being so upset since Tonya Harding was allowed back on TV.

There are dozens of posts on FSU making fun of people complaining about NBC Gold and every other skating service ever. I encourage you to find all of them and respond that the posters are unfunny asshats. It would be productive and greatly meaningful to all of us.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
There are dozens of posts on FSU making fun of people complaining about NBC Gold and every other skating service ever. I encourage you to find all of them and respond that the posters are unfunny asshats. It would be productive and greatly meaningful to all of us.

My quote was tied to your timing - we're in Beer Burden hell, right now, and your remark was selfish, or at least unfunny at best if you were joking. It was not directed at anyone else or how hellish NBC Gold can be. It was directed strictly at YOU for making it NOW. That is all.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
@Yazmeen is right. Whether it was a joke or not, NBC Gold is giving free access due to this horrific situation everyone is in. It was an unselfish gesture.

It's just like what DirecTV has done for its customers. I finally called and talked to a rep because I was worried with all the added channels I suddenly had that they might have given me the wrong package. The rep explained that the extra channels I now have was a gesture on their part in order to give everyone something extra to watch because of everyone having to stay home. It was complimentary coming from them, and they even gave a week long trial period to Showtime around two weeks ago. Now they're giving a free month of the Epix channels.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
@Aerobicidal is this how you feel when someone doesn't get that you're making a joke: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/52309/i-am-the-only-being-whose-doom (it's how I feel when someone doesn't get I'm making a joke)
It depends whether or not the person who doesn't get the joke also decides to call me insulting names.

Yes, my post was gently mocking a tendency on FSU to be upset about NBC and skating coverage. However, I don't think that it's unacceptable for us to have a sense of humor about our own community just because we're experiencing a time that is very difficult on all of us.

If anything, the forum officially adopting the term "Beer Burden" to refer to CV seems at least arguably more problematic, but that's a discussion and comparison that probably isn't worth fleshing out.

And, in case I actually need to say this, I think it's great the NBC is now providing free access. Thank you NBC for not being selfish asshats like me.

And if I had a dime for every time I posted something I thought was obviously sarcastic or parody on FSU and someone got outraged . . . I could afford a large soda at Five Guys.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
And if I had a time for every time I posted something I thought was obviously sarcastic or parody on FSU and someone got outraged . . . I could afford a large soda at Five Guys.
I assume you meant "a dime". If so, I suspect you could probably buy at least a hamburger. ;)

aftershocks

Banned Member
Well, at this point--
If we aren't going to have a true season, NBCSportsGold is going to need to come up with something for fans, or reduce the cost of the season subscription!

BTW, I'm not joking! :p

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If you signed up for cycling or golf, the free period expires soon. Live golf resumes on the 11th. Live cycling resumes as well with the French events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information