NBC Sports Gold figure skating pass - feedback, troubleshooting, pros/cons, etc.

Skittl1321

I can get sports gold to work from a computer, but the new NBC app won't work on my phone. I just get redirected to the login page over and over. I log in, I select what to watch, and it tells me to login again.

Very disappointing. The Sports Gold app was great.

LeafOnTheWind

@Skittl1321

Make sure you are on the gold pass tab of the app. When I watch with my Roku it pulls up NBC Sports as the first option. There is an NBC Gold option at the top of the screen right next to the Sports tab which requires a cable provider login. Make sure you have the gold option highlighted before scrolling down for video.

Hope that helps.

Skittl1321

@Skittl1321

Make sure you are on the gold pass tab of the app. When I watch with my Roku it pulls up NBC Sports as the first option. There is an NBC Gold option at the top of the screen right next to the Sports tab which requires a cable provider login. Make sure you have the gold option highlighted before scrolling down for video.

Hope that helps.

I was. It lets me select figure skating. Then I select the play button (as opposed to the lock button that shows when not logged in.) Then it goes back to login again.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Sounds like a cookie problem. The app either didn’t save your credentials or the credential is corrupt. Sometimes, the only way to fix is to delete the app and reinstall.

juliav927

Is anyone having issues with Sports Gold? I can't get the web browser to load or my Roku.
Yes, same here. I just stream on my laptop, but I can't get the full page to load on Chrome or Safari. I thought I'd try to log out and then log back in - it let me log out, but now I can't sign in again.

edit: just started working again - weird.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Their whole infrastructure was messed up from about 4:40 until about 5:00. Seems ok now.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I can get it on my phone but not on the laptop that worked fine two hours ago. :(

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I was really frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to cast from my phone/ipad to my Sharp smart TV. Using the TV casting app it would redirect me to the NBC sports gold app. My TV has roku but I couldn't install the NBC gold channel (probably because I'm in Canada). I ended up upgrading my TV casting app to enable desk top browser (it cost about $8) and now I can actually watch it on my new TV. Till now I was watching it on my other TV in the bedroom that has apple TV.
Well I don't know if this will actually help anyone else, but since I was so frustrated over this issue and now I'm not, I thought I'd share!
:)

Willin

Senior Men's just started and NBC Sports Gold is not showing anything because "coverage has concluded". Anyone else having this issue?

VGThuy

It works for me now. I clicked on the now single link to it, and let it load when I saw the Coverage Will Start Shortly and don't leave that tab.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I am logged in, but when I click the "play" button next to the video, I get a page that says, "please sign in with your NBC Sports Gold Email and Password." When I click "sign in" again, it just keeps repeating that page. Anybody else having this problem?
Too late for Nationals but that’s how NBC Gold works for me as well. Just ignore the request to sign in again and click on the screen area and it should start up.

I don’t know why it happens but I suspect it may be related to my browser settings (private browsing, no 3rd party cookies).

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Has anyone ever tried watching the NBC Sports app on an airplane? I know airlines block a lot of streaming sites on their wifi. I'm going to be in the air during the 4CC men's SP.

HisWeirness

pork cutlet bowl fatale
Has anyone ever tried watching the NBC Sports app on an airplane? I know airlines block a lot of streaming sites on their wifi. I'm going to be in the air during the 4CC men's SP.
I tried watching some of Euros on the NBC Sports Gold app on Wi-Fi on a Delta flight. The stream loaded for a second here and there but was essentially unwatchable. On the ground before takeoff I could watch the NBC stream just fine using mobile data.

JOHIO2

after 4CC men's, I just left the window open and did the bathroom break and catching up on FSU 4CC threads, when NBC Gold started up the men's coverage again. Couldn't have that happen again if I tried. Sooo random.

VGThuy

after 4CC men's, I just left the window open and did the bathroom break and catching up on FSU 4CC threads, when NBC Gold started up the men's coverage again. Couldn't have that happen again if I tried. Sooo random.

Coverage automatically restarts if you leave that window open and video playing.

Sparks

I'm finally able to watch live NBCSportsGold on my ROKU. I had to delete the channel, then in install it again.
WHEW!

aemeraldrainc

Anyone else having issues with the rhythm dance stream right now? It keeps stopping and starting again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information