NBC-NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2019-2020

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

It doesn't appear that the Olympic Channel will show delayed coverage this year? Only repeats of what's on NBC for the Grand Prix events?

Date
2019 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series
Time (ET)
Network
Saturday, Oct. 19​
Skate America presented by American Cruise Lines
12 - 2 a.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, Oct. 19​
6 - 8 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Sunday, Oct. 20​
1 - 3 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Oct. 20​
12 - 1 p.m.​
NBC​
Saturday, Oct. 26​
4:30 - 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Oct. 27​
Skate Canada
4:30 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 3​
Grand Prix France
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 10​
Grand Prix China
12 - 1:30 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 17​
Grand Prix Russia
12 – 1:30 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 24​
Grand Prix Japan
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Friday, Dec. 6​
Grand Prix Final
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Dec. 7​
Grand Prix Final
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Dec. 22​
Grand Prix Final
4 - 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Date
2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships Greensboro, North Carolina - Jan. 23 - 26
Time (ET)
Network
Thursday, Jan. 23​
Pairs' Short Program
5 - 7 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, Jan. 23​
Ladies' Short Program
9 - 11 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Friday, Jan. 24​
Rhythm Dance
5 – 6 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Friday, Jan. 24​
Ladies' Free Skate
8 - 11 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Jan. 25​
Men's Short Program
2:30 - 4:30 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Jan. 25​
Free Dance & Pairs' Free Skate
8 -11 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Sunday, Jan. 26​
Men's Free Skate
3 - 6 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Feb. 2​
Skating Spectacular
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Date
2020 ISU Championship Events
Time (ET)
Network
Wednesday, Jan. 22​
European Championships: Men's Short
11:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Thursday, Jan. 23​
European Championships: Men's Free
7 - 9 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Jan. 24​
European Championships: Ladies' Short
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Jan. 26​
European Championships: Ladies' Free
10 p.m. - 12 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Feb. 1​
European Championships: Men's and Ladies' Free
3 - 5 p.m.​
NBC​
Thursday, Feb. 6​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' Short
3 - 5 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Feb. 7​
Four Continents Championships: Free Dance
7:30 – 9:30 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Feb. 7​
Four Continents Championships: Men's Short
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Feb. 8​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' Free
7 – 9 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Feb. 9​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' & Men's Free
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Feb. 9​
Four Continents Championships: Men's Free
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Wednesday, March 18​
World Championships: Pairs' Short
12:30 – 2:30 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Ladies' Short
6 – 8 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Pairs' Free
8 – 10 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Men's Short
10 p.m. - 12 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, March 20​
World Championships: Rhythm Dance
6 – 8 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, March 20​
World Championships: Ladies' Free
8 - 10 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, March 21​
World Championships: Ladies' Free
1 – 3 p.m.​
NBC​
Saturday, March 21​
World Championships: Men's Free
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Sunday, March 22​
World Championships: Free Dance
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, April 12​
Season Recap Show
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Skate America is 12 to 2 a.m. live? I wonder if they meant to put p.m.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I hope we're getting substantially more than the 2 hour synopsis by NBC on Sundays for the GP events!!!! I will be very unhappy otherwise.

Debbie S

The OC better broadcast some skating. That channel is costing me an extra $10/month. :shuffle:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If this schedule is correct, we're not getting hardly any live coverage through the season and the delayed coverage is in the middle of the night. If this is true, I will be dropping my subscription and looking for alternative coverage. I'm not interested in watching delayed events in the middle of the night.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The press release says that the Olympic Channel will show “original programming” along with NBC re-airs. Like last year, I assume the Olympic Channel will have full taped coverage of the GP events in the week after they happen.

So no GP short programs or rhythm dances unless they happen to be shown on OC a few days later? It would be good to at least see a few rhythm dances. Maybe Tanith can work her magic with bosses at the NBC networks.

Frau Muller

Silly question: Is it that much cheaper to livestream a figure skating competition than it is to air on on regular TV? With 2 or 3 cameras, commentators on the side (or from the studio in NY)? Or is it that TV executives are so certain that skating is a niche sport in which only a handful of oddballs who cruise on Viking (or want to save the animals) are interested?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Silly question: Is it that much cheaper to livestream a figure skating competition than it is to air on on regular TV? With 2 or 3 cameras, commentators on the side (or from the studio in NY)? Or is it that TV executives are so certain that skating is a niche sport in which only a handful of oddballs who cruise on Viking (or want to save the animals) are interested?
Streaming is cheapest, but broadcast is offset by ad revenue. Given the demographics, I suspect regular (non special tier) broadcasting will go the way of the dodo very soon. NBC is pushing most of its niche sports to subscription only.

mollymgr

Most people don't subscribe to cable anymore. Streaming is like the self-checkout version of TV. I think most things will go to streaming exclusively when the big players like Xfinity and ATT figure out a way to give that as the only option and still make tons of money.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Most people don't subscribe to cable anymore. Streaming is like the self-checkout version of TV. I think most things will go to streaming exclusively when the big players like Xfinity and ATT figure out a way to give that as the only option and still make tons of money.

I'm not sure exactly how that would work, though. I did some 'wheeling and dealing' earlier today with DirecTV. I needed to upgrade from the Select Standard package to the Entertainment Package in order to get NBC Sports Network. The Entertainment Package costs 70.99, and they gave me a 5 dollar discount for a year. I also have a 10 dollar credit for bundling, and 7 dollar discount for my primary TV. That's 22 dollars in discounts plus I will receive a 10 percent discount through AARP beginning next month for my AT&T Wireless cell phone. While I was on the phone, AT&T also gave me a 10 dollar discount for a year with my AT&T U-Verse Internet. Since I bundle, that will be a total of 32 dollars in discounts plus whatever the 10 percent discount is for my wireless cell phone.

I don't believe AT&T will go anytime soon to streaming exclusively. They have several options when it comes to that, and they're making money on all of it. They have an option already called DirecTV Now which is exclusively streaming online. There are also options to hook up the internet to my Vizio TV, but I would need an HD DVR and the equipment to hook it up that comes from DirecTV. That would cost around another 13 dollars a month. So I stuck with just my HD receiver.

Also, you can already stream online at any website like National Geographic, AMC, Sundance, etc. if you have those channels in your DirecTV package. With the NBC Sports app, I can sign in on the app with my DirecTV acct. and password, and be able to watch NBC Sports Network on my laptop wherever I go. If you go to the DirecTV website, you can also sign in and watch there online (DirecTV Everywhere).

So, they're already making lots of moolah with everything I just mentioned.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
My Smartrecord now shows times on Olympic Channel for SA (Central Time/p.m.)
October 21:
7-8 Pairs Short
8-9:30 Pairs Free
October 22:
7-8:30 Men's Short
8:30-10:30 Men's Free
October 23:
7-8:30 Rhythm Dance
8:30-10 Free Dance
October 24:
7-9 Ladies Short
9-11 Ladies Free

Frau Muller

My Smartrecord now shows times on Olympic Channel for SA (Central Time/p.m.)
October 21:
7-8 Pairs Short
8-9:30 Pairs Free
October 22:
7-8:30 Men's Short
8:30-10:30 Men's Free
October 23:
7-8:30 Rhythm Dance
8:30-10 Free Dance
October 24:
7-9 Ladies Short
9-11 Ladies Free

Fabulous! Just what the doctor ordered. :) I hope that the rest of the GP coverage on TV (in the US) is this good. I don’t care about seeing live...just about getting the performances onto my DVD shelves ...no dependence on YouTube years later.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

What device do you have to record to DVD? Like what's the brand/model of what you use?

I’d have to ask Herr Muller. It’s a multi-system DVD recorder purchased through a well-known imports supplier in Chicago. Blocking mechanisms removed. Wish I could be more helpful. Far from home at this moment.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC TV coverage/DVR alert: Today is the Skate Canada recap from 4:30 to 6 pm ET... check your local listings.

Yesterday NBC showed the top 3 free dances (order was H/D, FB/S, Step/Buk) and 5 men's free skates in skate order (Brown, Bychenko, (Brezina was chacked), Messing, Aliev, Chen) in their 1.5 hour Skate America broadcast.

Replying in this season's thread:
Is the SA Gala going to be televised at all? Is it available on fanzone? I don't see the gala event posted on NBC Gold.

USFS' reply to me last week: "We do hope to show exhibitions to fans. We should have more information on this later on so stay tuned."

ETA:

Ashley Wagner will be commentating for the Olympic Channel (Skate Canada short programs) in the coming week's broadcasts.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC's Skate Canada broadcast today (singles focus as usual):

Ladies' free skates of Medvedeva, Tennell, You, Trusova & Kihira.
Hanyu's SP, then free skates of Tanaka, Pulkinen, Hanyu & Nguyen.

aftershocks

Banned Member
USFS' reply to me last week: "We do hope to show exhibitions to fans. We should have more information on this later on so stay tuned."

Ah, so we wait, as we did in days gone by. We pay for NBC Gold, but do NOT receive the same content that was available on Ice Network. It figures.

Thanks for checking on this for us, Sylvia.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I suspect that Ice Network was able to stream the galas under the USFS music usage agreement at a zero or nominal royalty cost. NBC has to get its own clearance and has to pay full royalty.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC TV coverage/DVR alert: Today is the Grenoble GP recap from 4 to 6 pm ET... check your local listings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information