Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

sheetz

Some photos and video from the Mexico seminar:

Hetty gave a live discussion where she talked about the way she raised raise her children. She spoke a lot about Nathan's education and even talked how he improved his Chinese.

Some notes and translations:

sheetz

sheetz

sheetz

Nathan paid a short visit to his old stomping ground in Lake Arrowhead this past weekend.

Sylvia

TBD
Stephanee Grosscup shares her fond memories of Nathan in this Idaho Mountain Express article ahead of his performance in the Sun Valley show on Saturday, July 16:
Excerpts:
Grosscup brought Chen to the Sun Valley Ice Show when he was still a little lad, and they sat in the stands.
“He was just mesmerized,” she said. “He couldn’t take his eyes off the professionals. I told him, ‘I have a feeling you’re going to get an invite to skate in the Sun Valley Ice Show one day and when you get that invitation, you know you’re on your way to making it.”
Chen was invited after winning the novice championship in 2010, skating to music from Kung Fu Panda.
“I went to the rink, told his mom and we both shed tears,” Grosscup said. “His mom gave permission for him to come here.”
Chen was the second special guest star that year, alongside Johnny Weir.
“I told him, ‘Nathan, you’re going to get so big in this sport, and you have to remember the places that gave you a chance when you were little,’” Grosscup said. “Make sure you go back and honor that invitation. And he has every year. People up here love him. He’s always been the same kid, humble and kind.
“Luck plays into this a lot. I believe he was lucky that I was the person he ran into, and I sure am lucky I am the person that has been a part of this journey with him and his family. I love ice skating and I love to teach ice skating. I don’t teach with the idea to make someone a champion. I teach to infuse joy, to infuse love of the craft, to infuse longevity.

Sylvia

TBD
Many thanks to @YukiNieve’s friend for uploading these fan cams from last night’s show in Sun Valley! :)
Heat Waves (Glass Animals)

The Nights (Avicii)
Fan cams filmed from another angle:
"Heat Waves": https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgG5jxlAk8l/
"The Nights": https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgG1XFtgwMv/
Backflip clip from the finale: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgHAcAgAdV-/

Last edited:

sheetz

Nathan receiving the key to the city of Sun Valley from the mayor.

Nathan confirmed that the beginning of his new program was choreographed by Sam Chouinard and the rest he did by himself.

Short message to his Japanese fans.

asaragena1464

Yuki says fans may have a chance to see Nathan performing his Mozart program at The Ice.

Also a report that Kaitlin Hawayek helped him with choosing and editing the music
I saw on one of Kaitlin's IG stories showing music equipment with editing screen. I thought it was for Jean Luc and herself but it could have been for Nathan, too.

Here's a cute picture of Nathan and Mariah with Emily Feng of the Boston University Figure Skating Club:

Sylvia

TBD
What is this?
A sponsorship event :D - both Nathan and Mao Asada are brand ambassadors for Airweave.

ETA from July 14, 2021:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information