Mass Murder at Pittsburgh Synagogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
What on earth are you talking about? The hate crime happened in Pittsburgh, not Philadelphia. Clinton overwhelmingly won both cities. The families of the victims asked him not to come. The mayor of Pittsburgh asked him to delay the visit until after the funerals (because the city's resources will be stretched super thin in protecting all families and Trump). Members of Trump's own party refused to accompany him on the visit. So who is being rude here?? Please do not compound the grief of community in mourning. WE are certainly not the ones being rude.
Meant to say Pennsylvania when referring to the state, which Trump did win.

I had no idea he was asked not to come. Do you remember the "HIT" Bush took when he didn't visit a flood damaged area because he though the last thing that community needed was diverting resources to accommodate him.

I stand corrected, and will say that ANYONE turning this into a political event to benefit Their Party or their politics is just damn wrong.

Ania

I had no idea he was asked not to come.

He was, you can read here about the list of people who asked him to delay his visit and a long list of officials from both parties who refuse to join him for a photo op on the day the families are burying the victims:

"So far, numerous Pittsburgh officials, mourners, and major U.S. politicians have declined invitations to appear alongside the president on his Tuesday trip, when funerals for the first few victims are taking place.

Trump is ostensibly there to support the friends and family of the 11 people who were killed by a lone gunman who entered a Saturday morning service at the Tree of Life synagogue, armed with an assault rifle and at least three handguns.

The list of people who want nothing to do with Trump’s visit is growing longer by the hour, revealing a bipartisan distaste for the president’s agenda. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi have all declined invitations from the president, according to CNN.

Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto and Pittsburgh County Executive Rich Fitzgerald both confirmed this week that they will not meet with the president, stressing that now is the time to focus on the victims of the Tree of Life massacre. Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, will also reportedly not meet with Trump, and neither will Pennsylvania’s two senators."

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Hi all, this thread has turned too political which I do not believe the original poster wanted so I’m closing it down.

If you wish to keep discussing it with a political slant then there’s another forum for that which we will not moderate.

Sympathies to the Jewish community of Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information