Marina Zueva: "The grace of monotony dissolves into milky aroma"

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Ivana Komova’s interview with Marina Zueva for clearideas.ru:

Special note from Ivana: Hello!!! This interview marks second season of Ivana as official best skating journalist in the universe! Thank you to all who support me through difficult year filled with many surgical enhancements, trips to spas, backstage glasses of Dom Perignon and Stolichnaya, and horror attacks from jealous persons who are not young, thin, white, Russian, and wonder beauty like I!!! This season there will be many exciting stories leading up to Chinese Olympic event! I hope you follow and please become friend on Book of the Face for exclusive pictures, talks, and love!!!

IK: Although you were a competitive ice dancer, your first notable work as a choreographer was for the pair Gordeeva and Grinkov. What was it like working with such legendary skaters?

MZ: Yes. Style of togetherness, real two skater come forth, unity in perfection. Adam and Eve through Yuri and Lara through Lady and the Hobo Dog, great unions. Mystery of elegance, no move to remind of dog lifting leg for urination on red object water spurt out of. No Oriental man tossing child bride in manner cluster of blossoms usually ceremony at wedding. A true marriage, true moment.

IK: Speaking of marriage, your son recently announced he’s engaged to Meryl Davis. You must be thrilled such a great former student will be your daughter-in-law.

MZ: Yes. Sweeping dream of star dance, perfect like salt and pepper. Children demonstrate biology of perfection, engineer currently attempting to restore Plushenko to competition ability will swoon. Fedor darling once together skating with Jana, who you know perform with unattractive beast-man lift entitled “Adult Film Clutch Luggage Piece.” Today, Fedor’s sweet lady also involved to bad industry with high concept Vera. Perhaps he relates to U.S. man skater Ryan with Mozart mincing long program? Even things that I do not know hover in enigma world of skating. Firmament.

IK: Your teams Davis and White and Virtue and Moir finished first and second two Olympics in a row. How did you balance the needs of these teams without disturbing the harmony?

MZ: Yes. When one parent launch two sets of twins into life, chaos and order fluctuate heavily. Heaviness weigh on mind, expectations, those watching from home couch type that I commit sabotage or hire same man once used to maul thigh of Nancy Harrington to plant baby seed into Tessa. Hitman of lower status woman who choose Tony Loco in skate music belong in lockup. When heat of competition dissipate, tension move to low. Family reunion bring happy love times, which you have ability to see on television.

IK: Your split with Igor Shpilband was one of the most talked-about events in the history of skating. Can you tell me the real story?

MZ: Yes. Look at two of us, coming from motherland of furs and onion domes, country with snow of white and same color as skin of most people. They speak of dreaming to the Americas, and the speaking has elements of truth. This day, I remember it like I remember the day my mother give birth to me. I start out with breakfast, single kumquat and 125 milliliters formaldehyde. Then comes time to create, time when brain becomes unity with gods of dance, floating sounds creating movements whispering in the nether regions of astral matter. Horizon glows with buzz of lunar force.

IK: And then?

MZ: Yes. What I am applying process of creative dance experience innovation, specifically what task of the day was to make new free program for Shibutanis, wonderful twins from China that have been so loyal subjects, true like star of Bethlehem. So, in order to evoke impressions of genius ideation what did is to find previous year program to Davis White. Next, I choose different iconic music never before skated to in way of dreamlike brilliant. Then, take tweaks to order of element and book hair dye appointment to prepare Camp of the Champs. It is that moment, that day, when universe force unwelcome change that expose schism, more accurate maybe to say seism. Rupture. Yes.

IK: Were any of the skaters’ parents involved with the split?

MZ: Yes. Of course answer to that is no. Igor appear like usual, coming down from skies inside giant clam shell that open. But this day, difference is apparent! He looks to have changed hue and cry of facial skin and no longer subscribe to pigmentation of caucasian. I see tropical islands, hint of Africa, exotic tinge of the south seas. I say to him, You have become same race as peoples portray by Domnina and Shabalin in program that is unable to compete with either set of our twins. He laugh the cackle of the jackal many minutes, then say to me statement of which I never forget: “I am now Prince of Tahiti, beautiful youthful no longer associate with old witch Marina!”

IK: So he turned on you for no reason?

MZ: Yes. Only because he discover I hire secret account management agency who ensure I receive 92 percent of all annual payment given to rink. It is vendetta of unjust greed. Typical story of skating, you know.

IK: Now Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon are in the situation you once were, coaching the two teams favorited for first and second at the Olympics.

MZ: Yes. Favorite is the dream when come to surface of the moon, a sea of hopes and shelf of opportunity. I see these programs, and they are doing a thing. A soft thing, pliable and perhaps moments of dewiness. Softly, a whine or a coo. They coax. I have ambivalence. The grace of monotony dissolves into milky aroma. This is a vision, but a type that will prove not to last, bright burn and fade into crust.

IK: After moving from pairs to dance, you’ve taken on some of the most notable single skaters over the last year.

MZ: Yes. The Chinese man from Canada, the Chinese American who is brother to him, they see success of Shibutanis and also I work with many other Chinese. Hong Kong, kung fu, crouching lotus blossom, Chow Fun, and General Tso. Mystic instinct relates to people of the exotic eastern ranges. Technical coach of Patrick is spirit god, mix of Buddha and aztec fire ghost snake. Global powers emerge, healing aura. Transition to quadruple sequence for stepping into the beyond.

IK: Finally, I’d like to ask about your feelings regarding the recent announcement of Gracie Gold.

MZ: Yes. I thank you for not expressing desire to pry. My lips do not utter nonsense. Go we won't. When, as I, you have been alive for 126 years, you know virtue of more silence usually win ultimate battle.

chapis

IK: Were any of the skaters’ parents involved with the split?

MZ: Yes. Of course answer to that is no. Igor appear like usual, coming down from skies inside giant clam shell that open. But this day, difference is apparent! He looks to have changed hue and cry of facial skin and no longer subscribe to pigmentation of caucasian. I see tropical islands, hint of Africa, exotic tinge of the south seas. I say to him, You have become same race as peoples portray by Domnina and Shabalin in program that is unable to compete with either set of our twins. He laugh the cackle of the jackal many minutes, then say to me statement of which I never forget: “I am now Prince of Tahiti, beautiful youthful no longer associate with old witch Marina!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jun Y

This has to be the most academic interview by Ivana to date.

Is it true that Zueva studied drama or theater in university?

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Talk like dramatic Yoda Marina does:D

So glad to see more wonder-full pieces by Ivana. May the next year bring many more beauty treatments and interviews :cheer2:

sap5

VGThuy

I read some of Marina's answers like 4-5 times and I still can't understand it. :lol:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I read some of Marina's answers like 4-5 times and I still can't understand it. :lol:

Right, but perhaps the below bolded highlights are the key that explains all the beautiful rambling noncommittal trains of thought rattled off in purposely hard to decipher English... ;) :D :lol:

MZ: ... My lips do not utter nonsense... When, as I, you have been alive for 126 years, you know virtue of more silence usually win ultimate battle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information