Mariah bell controversy

UGG

Too bad that SNL doesn't care enough or know enough about figure skating to do a classic, hilarious spoof of cheery smile-a-minute Mariah Bell being nastily mean and cutthroat toward poor, sweet Eunsoo Lim. :rofl:

This whole current bust-up reminds me of Hanyu's fans famously going apeshit on D-Ten, not that long ago, with videos and diagrams, and non-stop epithets hurled at Denis. It was obvious to me that Denis was simply worrying about his own physical problems and immersed in his creative headspace, without nary a thought in his head of purposely trying to get in Hanyu's way during practice sessions at 2016 Worlds.

D-Ten and Hanyu eventually had to release a picture together of them both smiling and burying the figurative hatchet, in order to somewhat calm down Hanyu-crazies (some of whom are still not appeased).

Even if SNL did care, the general public wouldn’t get it at all.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Even if SNL did care, the general public wouldn’t get it at all.

Right, that occurred to me as well. :drama:

It's such a shame for the incident to have happened at all, and then be blown out of proportion. It just looks like a fluke situation. I have not seen a clear video yet. Good on Mariah for doing as well as she did, but too bad she couldn't have held her 6th place position at least, and Bradie move up to 7th. I think Bradie sure skated well enough to have placed higher than 9th overall in any case, especially with the mistakes by others in front of her.

Red Hot Chili Keegan

Banned Member
Well, some of the uberdom may be diluted by You and Yelim Kim (who is really good). In the days of Yuna, she was the only one. Korea has a lot of young talent coming up in juniors (male and female). So, hopefully the ubers will spread themselves out a bit and not be so rabid. That being said, Eunsoo's fans singlehandedly caused the ISU to remove the comment section on the JGP YouTube feed after a vile dissection of a young Russian skater who had the audacity to defeat Eunsoo last season. The vitriol was nasty.

I believe they weren’t taken off until this year when Eunsoo was no longer skating. Seems like kind of a racist comment to attribute it to her fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information