Mao Asada's 'Thanks Tour' (Starting from May 2018)

cohkaix

The first stop after the break is scheduled to be Shiga show.
Shiga show: Aug 15-16 (4 shows in total)
And the next show will be Tochigi show.
Tochigi show: Aug 29-30

I'll update when more details are announced about the livestreaming. I'm really happy MTT will be continued and we can see the new costumes/choreography etc!

Some updates about the live streaming of the upcoming Shiga show:
Information about the streaming (in Japanese): https://maotour.jp/live.html
The performance that will to on live: Aug. 16 (Sun), 16:15~18:00 (local Japan time, the actual performance will start at 16:30, but the live streaming will have a special program starting from 16:15)
*NB: This live streaming will be kept on the site of streaming after the broadcasting, so anyone who has a hold of the ticket could still watch the streaming until Aug 19th 23:59.

Ticketing: the ticket can be bought here https://l-tike.zaiko.io/e/maotour-sg
Site for watching the streaming: https://zaiko.io (there's an English interface)
For buying the ticket, you will also be led to register for the site to watch the streaming. The ticket is JP¥2,500, with additional handling fee (yes, the site takes oversea credit cards so buying directly from the site works fine! **But note you will be required to fill in a local address during the process of buying the ticket!). BTW, if you have a Japanese mailing address, there's an additional token of souvenir with extra JP¥250.

Finally, the Tochigi show scheduled on Aug 29-30 will have one of the shows live streaming in the same fashion! (Streaming time: Aug 30th (Sun) 18:00pm〜Sept 2nd (Wed).

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Some updates about the live streaming of the upcoming Shiga show:
Information about the streaming (in Japanese): https://maotour.jp/live.html
The performance that will to on live: Aug. 16 (Sun), 16:15~18:00 (local Japan time, the actual performance will start at 16:30, but the live streaming will have a special program starting from 16:15)
*NB: This live streaming will be kept on the site of streaming after the broadcasting, so anyone who has a hold of the ticket could still watch the streaming until Aug 19th 23:59.

Ticketing: the ticket can be bought here https://l-tike.zaiko.io/e/maotour-sg
Site for watching the streaming: https://zaiko.io (there's an English interface)
**For buying the ticket, you will also be led to register for the site to watch the streaming. The ticket is JP¥2,500, with additional handling fee (yes, the site takes oversea credit cards so buying directly from the site works fine!). BTW, if you have a Japanese mailing address, there's an additional token of souvenir with extra JP¥250.

Finally, the Tochigi show scheduled on Aug 29-30 will have one of the shows live streaming in the same fashion! (Streaming time: Aug 30th (Sun) 18:00pm〜Sept 2nd (Wed).
Thanks for the update. BTW, have you tried to buy the ticket? I bought my ticket of Shiga show. During the process, I needed to post my address to receive the memorial goods (a plastic fan) which they send to everyone. After I bought mine, I tried to go through the process again as a test to see whether or not I can skip the page where I needed to post my address, but it was impossible to complete the process without posting an address inside of Japan. I was disappointed so much thinking maybe it's impossible again for overseas fans to watch the show. And I neglected to update the livestreaming info. :shuffle: Actually I sent an email to the livestreaming managing company to ask whether or not it's possible to watch the livestreaming from abroad, and they said yes. That's the reason I'm asking you whether you could actually complete the process of buying the ticket. Wish you could!

Last edited:

cohkaix

@rosewood: yes, I was able to get the ticket :respec:. The first time I tried I was confused by the address part and thought that the address was related to the souvenir token (which I don't really need...). So I decided to wait a while. And later on I got to read from other Chinese forums (or other Chinese FS fan site on FB) that it is possible to buy the ticket from oversea, then I gave it a try.
(Adding: I remember reading from the Chinese fans that you may have an option of 'overseas' when filling out the address. But I don't recall seeing that option. I'm not sure if that was showing up under the English interface? Anyway I just used a random address and it seemed to work fine...)

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
@rosewood: yes, I was able to get the ticket :respec:. The first time I tried I was confused by the address part and thought that the address was related to the souvenir token (which I don't really need...). So I decided to wait a while. And later on I got to read from other Chinese forums (or other Chinese FS fan site on FB) that it is possible to buy the ticket from oversea, then I gave it a try.
(Adding: I remember reading from the Chinese fans that you may have an option of 'overseas' when filling out the address. But I don't recall seeing that option. I'm not sure if that was showing up under the English interface? Anyway I just used a random address and it seemed to work fine...)
Yaaaay! :cheer2: I didn't even think of that method! :D Anyways so happy to hear overseas fans can watch MTT (and it's a new version!)together with the crowd! MTT said the camera angle is the front seat's. That's a great treat! I've never won that seat. 😅

ETA:
Looks it's a beautiful day in Shiga today. Here is a photo posted by a TV producer who's followed Mao since she was little. He has visited all the MTT shows and has produced documentaries of MTT. Mao calls him Katchan.

Here's another man who works for MTT. He is an editor who worked for MTT's pamphlet(program). He's been counting down the days toward the MTT's re-starting date. He posted nice photos on twitter. Here's today's photo.

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Belated update of my impression of Shiga show via the livestreaming.

The livestreaming was very comfortable. It was shot by TV crew whose leader is Katchan I mentioned in my post above. It seems they used four cameras for the streaming, 3 cameras for shooting skaters performances from three different angles, 1 handy cam for shooting backstage where skaters were waiting for their turns and they sometimes smiled at the camera. They also showed a short documentary which showed how they prepared for restarting of MTT. Katchan tweeted they will show different video here today. And it was very nice of Mao to postpone the deadline of deleting the archive video of the live streaming. So I could watch the archive video for 3 days or so. I pretty much thankful for the archive video being there for multiple days.

This weekend Tochigi show is ongoing. MTT meter is 156 as of the evening show on Saturday. Sorry, I don't have enough time now to provide articles and videos of how the Shiga show was held. I was impressed to see that the organizers including Mao were so much thoughtful, flexible, and realistic to avoid infections of the v*rus. They changed every little thing to be safer than before, such as MTT official goods, which were sold there, were given the price which can be paid with bills so that they don't need to touch changes i.e. the price was like 1,000 yen and not 988 yen. It was nice that they even started selling even masks with MTT original logo on them. They said they'll sell goods on net as well. You know, ticketing can be affected by reducing spectators ( i.e. the number of spectators in Shiga was as small as 1/3 of usual size), while they can earn money by selling ivestreaming tickets & goods on net. It's very smart of them. Mao always cares about her fans as well as staffs of MTT. I guess she knows well that lots of people need to make money to live on by working for MTT. As a fan I'm always thankful for Mao for holding this tour, so I want to support MTT when things tough for them.

All in all, Yaay the livestreaming day has come again after two weeks!
livestreaming: 30th Aug 16:15-18:00 (Japan Time)
archive: 30th Aug 18:00- 2nd Sep 23:59

Ticketing site is here (English)

I thought that for Shiga show I logged in by using my ghost facebook account (which I made several years ago and have left it unused at all), and I made the FB account with my address in Japan, it's the reason the ticketing site automatically asked me to fill my address in Japan on their site too. If you guys who are out of Japan go through the process, you might not be asked to fill the address since they don't send a goods (as a memorial present) to people outside of Japan, as well as you don't need to pay the extra mailing fee. Check it.

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
A bit belated update but MTT created their official YT account and uploaded 3 videos from 2020 tour so far. They have English subtitles for international fans. Shame the channel was not able to use the original version of the musics maybe due to copyrights of the musics.

I luuurve the camera angle of this video's Madame Butterfly. :love: :love: Mao's Cio-Cio-san is so so beautiful. Now she is more like an actress on the ice than just a devoted athlete. At first the white color of the new costume stands out, which gives me the impression of Cio-Cio-san's pureness, but later when she skates more fiercely, the red comes to my eyes more and more, and which shows her boiling passion for the love and also it indicates the bloody climax of the story.

___

note: Purple numbers are included in the videos. Clips which are actually shown on a screen in the rink are also included in the three videos below. Some clips are from interviews where they talked about how they felt/prepared for the restart of the show under the CV19 pandemic, and others are mostly from the 2018 documentary which were aired on TV at the time. The third video has totally different/wonderful camera angles.

Mao Asada Thanks Tour 2020.8.16 in Shiga (Excerpt)

1.This Little Light of Mine(Mao solo)
2.Smile/What a wonderful world(Mao+whole cast)
3.So Deep Is the Night (Haruka solo)
4.Nocturn (any two from Mura, Erni and Sei)
5.Puttin' On the Ritz(Mao+Seiya)
6. Bei Mir Bistu Shein(Mao+male cast

7.Clair de Lune(Haruka+female cast)
8.Somewhere Over the Rainbow (female cast)

9.Cello Suites(Mao solo, original version)
10.Por una Cabeza(Nagisa+male cast)
11.Tango by Schnittke (Haruka solo)
12.Waltz from Masquerade Suite(whole cast except Mao/Haruka)
13.Madame Butterfly (Mao+Erni)

14. Bells of Moscow(Mura solo)
15.Jupiter -I Vow to Thee My Country(Haruka+female cast)
16. Ritual Fire Dance, black & red(black:Mao+male cast, red: Mao+female cast)

17. Rachmaninoff's Piano Conterto No.2(Mao+male cast)
18.Wind Beneath My Wings

Mao Asada Thanks Tour 2020.8.29 in Tochigi (Excerpt)

6. Bei Mir Bistu Shein(Mao+male cast)

11.Tango by Schnittke (Haruka solo)

18.Wind Beneath My Wings(Mao+whole cast)

Mao Asada Thanks Tour 2020.11.6-8 in Kyoto(Excerpt)

11.Tango by Schnittke (Haruka solo, just a glimpse)

17. Rachmaninoff's Piano Conterto No.2(Mao+male cast

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
This and that:
Kumamoto show is ongoing this weekend. The latest performance is the 171st one in total since the first show of 2018 tour. Several months ago a narrator of a TV program said MTT had drawn 320K people in total. That's a big number, isn't it? Recently Kanagawa show (April 12-13, at Yokohama Ice Arena) was added. It's supposed to be the very final show of MTT. I'm sure I'll miss MTT.

No CV19 infection due to MTT have been reported so far. MTT has strict measures i.e. only people within the prefecture can buy a ticket, everyone is required to wear a mask, no shouting is allowed, spectator numbers are reduced, all the seats are wiped before every show starts, skaters take CV19 antibodies test when they practice/perform together. MTT even sells masks with their original logos on as well as they air TV commercial for announcing their CV19 measures. etc That said, 3 shows (Okayama, Yamanashi, Hokkaido) were cancelled due to the local government's restrictions. Do you guys remember that Mao's ultimate goal is to visit all the prefectures who have available rink for shows? The last prefecture where MTT has not visited is Chiba. I wish Chiba show will not be cancelled. 🙏

In this clip Mao says the kanji letter of this year for her is 進(=go forward). She explains that nothing can happen if you just stand still. The important thing is to do everything that you can do to step forward even if each one is only a little step. One step forward is a step forward. I think this mindset is important especially under current depressing circumstances.

Mao turned 30 yo in September. In this clip she says the 0 of 30 means the new start from zero base. She added that after closing MTT she wants her plan of making 'Mao Rink' to get started practically. Lots of kids are practicing in poor environments. She thinks what she can do is to build her rink and she has a strong feeling that she wants to provide kids better circumstances. She also wants to hand down her knowledge in figure skating to the kids. So what she wants to do on the next stage of her life is to do such things little by little. Newspaper articles were published about Mao focusing on her own rink (see the picture in my avatar).

Recently Mao's new book "浅田真央の100の言葉"(=Mao Asada's 100 words) was published. I bought it and found Mao actually started to think about making her own rink was when Arutunyan said to Mao "Why don't you make your own rink in Japan?" Dunno you guys know that before she moved to the US, her home town rink was so crowded and she was skating during public time. It was one of the main reasons she needed to leave Japan (another main reason was that Coach Yamada had a serious concussion and it made her impossible travel around the world with Mao.)

Sorry for a long post but one more thing that I want to add is this video. It's a new TV commercial of a cold medicine. I don't like the music but every time I watch the video I'm encouraged by her dance. The dance was designed to encourage people all over the world in this dark mood under CV19 pandemic. I'm happy if you guys are also encouraged by her powerful dance and the blue sky over her head. :)💪☀️✨

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
A video of Hyogo show is just uploaded. With this video maybe you can have clearer image of how the non-stop show goes. It has Haruka's So Deep Is the Night which was not included in any of other videos. Nice to see she improved a lot in SS/expressions even after her retirement, and so are other retired members (three girls are still competing as collage students). :)

Mao Asada Thanks Tour 2020.11.21 in HYOGO

4.Nocturn (Erni and Sei)

11.Tango by Schnittke (Haruka solo, just a glimpse)

_____

MTT has more to go in 2021 since some shows were rescheduled due to CV19.

2021 schedule (postponed shows)
Jan 10-11, RACTAB Dome, Osaka
Jan 16-17, Hiroshin Big Wave, Hiroshima
Jan 30-31, Koyukan, Shimane
Feb 5-7, Aqua Rink Chiba, Chiba
Feb 26-28, Saitama Ice Arena, Saitama
March 20-21, Ai-Chi Commemorative Park, Aichi
April 2-4, Edogawa Sportsland, Tokyo
April 12-13, Yokohama Arena, Kanagawa

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

cohkaix

Congratulation to the #200 shows from MTT meter! :cheer2: :cheer::encore:
...sadly, it also means the counting down to the finale is approaching...only 3 more shows left.

Sylvia

TBD
Article about the end of Mao's Thanks Tour (April 27):
Google translation:
The three-year journey of professional figure skater Mao Asada (30) has come to an end.

The final performance of the ice show "Mao Asada Thanks Tour", which serves as the chairman and also plays the role of general director, was held at the Yokohama Arena on the 27th and danced the last dance.

The "Thanks Tour," which began with the desire to directly express gratitude to the fans who supported us during their active career, has counted 202 performances on this day since it was held in May 2018. The tour, which was created from scratch with the cast, traveled all over the country for a long time and left a big impact on the Japanese ice show culture. On the first day of Chiakiraku on the 26th, she recalled, "The love for skating that I didn't feel when I was a player became stronger."

At the end of Ochiakiraku, after watching video messages from the other nine cast members, she grabbed the microphone and started talking. "I was crying a lot at the beginning of the tour, so I decided not to cry today, but I'm about to cry ..." It was a great time!"

Asada "received a big applause at the final step of the free 'Piano Concerto No. 2' that impressed the world at the 2014 Sochi Olympics" (online interview before the final show):
My love for skating, which I didn't feel when I was a player, became stronger, so I was able to love it from the bottom of my heart and enjoy skating. [...]
After I really retired as a player, I was wondering if I could feel the tension and accomplishment of the match, but I feel it every day through this Thanks Tour. My love for skating, which I didn't feel when I was a player, became stronger, so I was able to love it from the bottom of my heart and enjoy skating. [...]
I'm making a rink now, so I think it would be good if I could move on to that dream. I have various images of myself, and I am in the process of consulting with everyone.
PHOTOS (Mao's tour concluded at the Yokohama Arena on April 27):
More photos here: https://www.instagram.com/maoasada2509/

Last edited:

cohkaix

To end this thread about MTT, I'd like to share the following link:

This is the excerpt from the last performance of MTT in Yokohama. I think it's a wonderful choice to pick the 3 numbers from MTT final performance: Ritz', Cello suite, and Madame Butter fly.

livetoskate

To end this thread about MTT, I'd like to share the following link:

This is the excerpt from the last performance of MTT in Yokohama. I think it's a wonderful choice to pick the 3 numbers from MTT final performance: Ritz', Cello suite, and Madame Butter fly.
Thanks for sharing the link! What a great tour. I wonder what Mao will do next? Hope she keeps performing!

cohkaix

PS (as of Aug 2nd, 21'):
Mao add this post to her IG account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSEkBFtFo_u/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Roughly - after taking some rest to refresh herself from the MTT, Mao's ready to move to the next stage. She plans to start another new skating show next year! So for now she'll hold auditions for skaters to work together for the new project.

I think it will be great if Mao will skate to some new numbers in the future show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information