Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

antmanb

There are not enough eye rolls in the world for the BBC Radio 1 news segment I just heard about Raducanu making the final. They interviewed a former coach of hers who basically said "it's great to see her smiling throughout the tournament, something else about smiling and then, but off course during the matches she's very focused and not smiling".

I wonder what he thinks about Nadal or one of the other male players smiling technique and frequency :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I’ve never rooted for Medvedev before but if Novak beats Sasha then I will. No offence to Novak but I would rather the 21st gets decided when all 3 of the ‘goats’ are there! Of course Novak will win in Australia anyway so we’d get the same outcome :lol:

Great day for Joe Salisbury - winning the men’s doubles and making the final of the mixed! :cheer2: And hey, he was born in London so no one can say he’s ‘not a real Brit’ :rofl:

skatingguy

decently
I’ve never rooted for Medvedev before but if Novak beats Sasha then I will. No offence to Novak but I would rather the 21st gets decided when all 3 of the ‘goats’ are there! Of course Novak will win in Australia anyway so we’d get the same outcome :lol:

Great day for Joe Salisbury - winning the men’s doubles and making the final of the mixed! :cheer2: And hey, he was born in London so no one can say he’s ‘not a real Brit’ :rofl:
Given Nadal & Federer's injuries I'm not sure when, or if we'll ever see the 3 of them in the draw at the same time again, and by the time that Nadal & Federer are back they could be unseeded.

timwarpingout

Given Nadal & Federer's injuries I'm not sure when, or if we'll ever see the 3 of them in the draw at the same time again, and by the time that Nadal & Federer are back they could be unseeded.

And even if they return Federer has about as much shot at #21 as Billie Jean King has of returning to singles and winning a slam. Nadal is pretty much done too, but still has a sort of fighting shot at RG for now I guess.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
So Djokovic is on to the finals.... Uggh, I have a few hours to decide if I REALLY want to fly to NYC tomorrow. It's history in the making. Should I/shouldn't I.... Now is a time I wished I still lived back East.

ioana

So Djokovic is on to the finals.... Uggh, I have a few hours to decide if I REALLY want to fly to NYC tomorrow. It's history in the making. Should I/shouldn't I.... Now is a time I wished I still lived back East.

It looks like you can still get tickets with decent views online, so if you really want to, go for it. I personally wouldn't go just to sit in the 300 high-up sections, though. The few times I've been on Ashe for practice matches that are open to the public, it still got loud. I can only imagine what it's like when this is packed for a final.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Well, I needed to do it before midnight, and it's passed. My back hurts anyway. I'll enjoy the final more in the comfort of my bed! Let's hope for history to be made on Sunday!

quartz

scratching at the light
@ErikWilliam - I marvel at people who can just randomly ponder about jetting off to NYC to see a tennis match at the drop of a hat. :respec:Such an endeavour would require me at least 3 months of planning and a huge amount of stress and anxiety to be able to get my shit together enough to organize such an event!
I’ll be watching like a little mouse, afraid to leave her house. 🐭
I do have Swiss chocolate (dark) for today’s match, as it will be too early for wine.

Last edited:

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
@ErikWilliam - I marvel at people who can just randomly ponder about jetting off to NYC to see a tennis match at the drop of a hat. :respec:Such an endeavour would require me at least 3 months of planning and a huge amount of stress and anxiety to be able to get my shit together enough to organize such an event!
I’ll be watching like a little mouse, afraid to leave her house. 🐭
I do have Swiss chocolate (dark) for today’s match, as it will be too early for wine.
Hehe. I'm no jet-setter!! I have free miles and a friend I can stay with, and Open tickets were only $245. Cheap!! I can't really even travel much anymore due to my chronic back injury anyway, and that made my decision for me. Traveling KILLS my back, and I was already starting off last night around 7 out of 10 pain score.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information