Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

topaz

Yes, Novak is gone. No GS this year. Querrey did well to play so well with all the rain delays.

The fake eruption Novak displayed in the 4th set at 3-2 is the reason why I can't bring myself to cheer or like him. He's so fake and such a drama queen.

Also, two time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova lost in 2 sets to Makarova.

Last edited:

Rottie

What an incredible moment for Sam Querrey. He did a great job of holding it together and taking advantage of the opportunities he got.

Now I have to go into my annual Wimbledon withdrawal because of "middle Sunday." But I guess it makes Monday that much sweeter!

caseyedwards

What an incredible moment for Sam Querrey. He did a great job of holding it together and taking advantage of the opportunities he got.

Now I have to go into my annual Wimbledon withdrawal because of "middle Sunday." But I guess it makes Monday that much sweeter!

But there are so many matches tomorrow.

Lorac

The disruption by the rain this past week means play is on today on all courts starting at 11:30 am.

Rottie

Yes, I see that now! Yay for rain! (OK, I know it's a pain for the players, but yay for me!)

Lorac

16-16 now - not sure when it will end!!!

ETA: Tsonga just broke to go 18-17 up and to try to serve it out!! Isner is looking exhausted.

ETA2: And he does - those who snagged seats on that court on this people Sunday would have been happy with that :encore:

Last edited:

Rottie

Just caught the last few games of Tsonga vs. Isner. Some great points! Wonder when Tsonga will have to play again next.

Lorac

Just caught the last few games of Tsonga vs. Isner. Some great points! Wonder when Tsonga will have to play again next.

Tomorrow - all the men's and women's 4th round matches are played on the 2nd Monday of the championships. He plays Richard Gasquet. That was why they had to play today to catch up. It is certainly harder on the men as they can - and obviously in this case did - play 5 setters in Grand Slams whereas women only play potential 3 setters all year round so playing on consecutive days can be really hard on the men. At least Gasquet had to play today as well.

Lorac

I have a little bit of girl crush in Dominika Cibulkova :). She is just so lovely and her smile lights up the entire court. She sniffs the tennis balls and in an interview with the BBC claimed she tell which GS they came from. So they tested her and she got them all correct. Adorable. And she has her wedding set for this Saturday - she may well have to cancel that :D

topaz

I agree. Dominka won today. 9-7 in the third against Radwanska. I enjoy Dominika's game. She's is a fierce competitor and never gives up.

Coco lost :( Down in two sets to Pavluychenka. I thought that would be a match Coco could win based on her play of the last few weeks.

Sam Querrery beat Mahut in 3 sets.

Halep beat Madison Keys. Key's appeared to injure herself in the early in the 3rd set. It may be another groin injury :(

Halep will now have to face Kerber in the quarters.

Lorac

Nishikori had to retire with what the commentators think was a rib injury. He has had seem bad luck with injuries. So Cilic is through to face Federer which could be a tough game for Fed.

topaz

Serena is leading Sveta in the 2nd set. 3-0.

Patrick Mouratoglou has changed Serena's career. He has improved her game so much in many ways. I would love for him to coach Azarenka or Madison after Serena retires.

Also Patrick's commentating on ESPN has been good. His french accent is lovely to hear and he's a really handsome man. I like his personality. He is charming and likeable on air.

Last edited:

Loves_Shizuka

Cibulkova-Radwanska was fantastic - great match.

Venus and Serena both looked good today, as did Kerber.

Great to see Shvedova finally fulfilling a bit of her undoubted potential.

Oh and very happy to see Halep fight out for a win against Keys.

Wonder when Tsonga will have to play again next.

Tsonga will be SO relieved he only had to play six games today, as Gasquet retired down 2-4 in the opening set. I'm sure he was sad for his compatriot though : get well soon Richie (back problem I believe)

Tsonga now plays Murray.

peibeck

Simply looking
The senior ladies invitation field is kind of amazing.

Wish I could be home to watch the Federer/Cilic match.

Lorac

Federer-Cilic going to the 5th set - after Fed was 2 sets down :eek:. Cilic had 3 match points in the 4th set tie-break as well!!!

A one set shoot out!!

Lorac

Wow - just wow - I really though Fed was going down in straight sets - yet he wins in 5 - what a victory for him:encore::respec::encore:

And that was just the starter for us here in the UK with Murray up now!!

Hindernisse

Honestly after the first two sets I didn't believe Roger would be able to turn this around, but he did. What a star! :cheer2:

peibeck

Simply looking
Guess, I need to look at the score... Andy was up two sets to one and up a break in the fourth last time I checked. :lol:

Yeah for an entertaining match though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information