Let's DANCE!!!

PeterG

A thread for anything to do with dancing, in whatever form or genre.

I have watched this video at least twenty times in the last month:

THE D SORAKI VS. HUMUZZA | Semifinal | Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final 2022 Johannesburg

The first minute and a half just blows my mind. Have never seen anything like it. And the more I watch it, the more I watch the crowd. Perhaps one of the toughest crows to impress, but BOY does The D Soraki win them over quickly. The poor kid who has to follow him...! Perhaps one of the worst moments of his young life! :eek:

PeterG

And I've watched this video about 50 times:

Janet Jackson - Dammn Baby (Music Video)

Great song, Janet looks stuning, the choreography is great, the video is filmed beautifully and I don't think I've ever seen such good lighting in a video. Add all of those things together...this should have won best video at the Grammys that year!!

This video came out in 2016. What were you doing at 49 years of age? :D

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Some dance with a skating connection:

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
I'm a big fan of dancing from classic Hollywood musicals. One of my favorites in Ann Miller's Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me Kate. (Some of the angles are a bit strange, but it was filmed for 3-D.)
One of my favourites too. Also From This Moment On from the same film.

I've been watching a lot of Astair-Rogers clips on YouTube lately. I really need to see if I can find a DVD boxset of their films, but last time I looked there didn't seem to be one.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
One of my favourites too. Also From This Moment On from the same film.

I've been watching a lot of Astair-Rogers clips on YouTube lately. I really need to see if I can find a DVD boxset of their films, but last time I looked there didn't seem to be one.
I've never found a boxset of all 10 of their movies but I was able to acquire 8 of them from these 2 sets(links are from Amazon Canada but should be findable elsewhere too) Silver Screen Classics and TCM 4 Pack. The only 2 missing are Carefree, which isn't really a musical like their other movies, and The Barkleys of Broadway which was the only movie they did for MGM. I had to buy those separately.

Sorry this is like 3 weeks later, I hadn't clicked on this thread before.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
That's great! Thank you. Found them on Amazon Australia site (I suspect they didn't come up before as they're Region 1).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Bollywood dance to celebrate the festival of Holi (festival of colors) in India

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
In 2011 and 2012, I was at a nursing facility in Shreveport. I was finally able to use a wheelchair in August of 2011. I couldn't walk yet with a walker, but I could pivot from my hospital bed and get into the wheelchair. About a month later, there was a dancing contest in the recreation room. A lot of friends and I decided to get out there and dance with our wheelchairs. I was elated when I realized I could still dance. I also won 1st place and a cake. I shared the cake with everyone in the recreation room!

Then, I found this on YouTube in April right before I was able to leave and go home. I was so overwhelmed and excited with what Paula did that I cried.

So as Lee Ann Womack says in her song ... "If you have the chance to sit it out or dance, Dance! I hope you Dance!"

Last edited:

watchthis!!

In 2012, I was at a nursing facility in Shreveport. I was finally able to use a wheelchair in August of that year. I couldn't walk yet with a walker, but I could pivot from my hospital bed and get into the wheelchair. About a month later, there was a dancing contest in the recreation room. A lot of friends and I decided to get out there and dance with our wheelchairs. I was elated when I realized I could still dance. I also won 1st place and a cake. I shared the cake with everyone in the recreation room!

Then, I found this on YouTube in April right before I was able to leave and go home. I was so overwhelmed and excited with what Paula did that I cried.

So as Lee Ann Womack says in her song ... "If you have the chance to sit it out or dance, Dance! I hope you Dance!"

When I was a younger, a group of friends went to a nightclub and they met a friend there who was in a wheelchair and was never afraid to dance up a storm. I think maybe some people on the dancefloor might have been a bit bothered, but she (and we) did not care. I remember her being able to do a wheely move and a lot of other great dance "steps". I'm glad that there are people out there not leaving dance to just the over-legged community. :D

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
When I was a younger, a group of friends went to a nightclub and they met a friend there who was in a wheelchair and was never afraid to dance up a storm. I think maybe some people on the dancefloor might have been a bit bothered, but she (and we) did not care. I remember her being able to do a wheely move and a lot of other great dance "steps". I'm glad that there are people out there not leaving dance to just the over-legged community. :D
Thank you for sharing that! I've learned how to pop a wheely, made up some moves of my own, can shake, shimmy and twirl in my wheelchair, and I do all this while I'm in my kitchen listening to my music. I have a skid-proof floor in the kitchen, and I turn up my music and have a blast listening to all my albums especially rock n roll. I love listening to Bob Seger. Actually, this is how I get my exercise! :biggrinbo

Cachoo

I wonder how much practice was involved—-Bravo:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Hula dancers in Hawaii

Somewhere over the rainbow- Hawaiian dance version

PeterG

I wonder how much practice was involved—-Bravo:

Wow. I agree with your comment. It must have taken SO much work to get this as right as they did. Especially impressive with SO many dancers. Often with such a large group, you can see mis-steps here and there, but I didn't notice any. Maybe that's why they went with a darker lighting choice! :lol:

LeafOnTheWind

This was a fun group tap dance. Loved how they went slo mo during the drum solo and let that take emphasis before going back all in on the dance.

I'm getting lost in the whole channel actually. Check out all their stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information