Ksenia Stolbova has a new partner?

Mad for Skating

I really enjoyed this program. Usually I’m not a fan of the song because so many people use the scratchy male version, but this program turned out sharp, strong, and sexy. Loved her look - the bodysuit, the lipstick, the longer hair. Andrei is a much better skater than I expected; obviously Ksenia is the star, but he didn’t look like he was struggling to keep up. The program heavily reminded me of Ksenia and Fedor’s “I Put a Spell on You”, which was also Morozov’s work. The twist isn’t amazing but it’s much better than I expected. I think the popped SBS jumps were just from nerves. Overall the elements looked cautious, but solid. It was great to see them received so well in the arena, and I think this program will continue to grow over the season. Can’t wait for the free skate tomorrow!

angi

I promise my undying love and affection if someone can hook me up with their SP :drama:
You can find the entire pairs SP event here (just use a VPN):

oleada

You can find the entire pairs SP event here (just use a VPN):

Thank you!

Russia has such an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Pairs; that was an absolute treat.

As far as our girl goes, I think this partnership is looking really good. Sure, there were the pops and the twist is clearly a work in progress but for a new team they're looking really good. Their skating matches really well. Love the kiss at the end, LOL.

nimi

Taso

Found the FS is on YT. Quick, before it gets blocked! (Btw, unblocked SP vid is here: https://youtu.be/4sBvpkCz1T8)

Again, some issues but lots of potential here, and the program seems like a good fit for them. This time they landed their sbs 3T (nice!) and I like that they go for the forward outside death spiral!

Thank you so much! It was soooooo good to see Stolbova again, my best to them!

Amantide

Found the FS is on YT. Quick, before it gets blocked! (Btw, unblocked SP vid is here: https://youtu.be/4sBvpkCz1T8)

Again, some issues but lots of potential here, and the program seems like a good fit for them. This time they landed their sbs 3T (nice!) and I like that they go for the forward outside death spiral!

I'm in love with this program. :love: I can't wait to see it how it will be by mid-end season. Stay healthy and bring it on. :respec:

Mad for Skating

This program is everything I wanted for Ksenia and Andrei. Usually, I find Moonlight Sonata a bit boring, but I love the dark recording so much. This will sound funny and obviously it’s just my interpretation, but as the music builds, I feel like it’s telling the story of how she picked herself up after the struggles of 2018 and emerged strong and powerful again. The throws looked epic, and I like the variations on the lift exits. The twist still needs work but I hope they can get there over the next two years. Overall, a very promising debut.

It’s also noteworthy that Gordeeva/Grinkov skated one of the greatest paid programs of all time to Moonlight Sonata - it’s a gutsy move to choose this music, but Ksenia is fearless and so far, she’s living up to the hype.

Tinami Amori

I am big fan of Stolbova, want them to raise to the top. But i have to be realistic. Aleona Savchenko was far more ahead in her levels with her partner, in the same time frame. I do not see the same "drive and determination" in Ksenya yet, to win and nothing else matters. If Stolbova wants to be where Savchenko got, she needs to practice day and night and think of nothing but skating, be on "one track mind" and just work....

aftershocks

Banned Member
I like what I see from Stolbova/Novoselov at this point. Ksenia has been through a lot, and obviously her desire and determination has taken her this far to continue skating at the highest level in a new partnership. Kudos to Ksenia and Andrei. It's nice to see the original Tarasova and Morosov supporting S/N. Political backing as well as fed resources is going to be important for S/N to go far. At least they have an interesting connection on the ice, which is not something easy to develop in pairs. Stolbova is always the bomb though. Andrei has definitely worked hard to improve in trying to reach her level. As Ksenia and Andrei continue to achieve comfort together and a successful rhythm in their partnership, more of her fiery personality is bound to fly free. :glamor:

The battle in pairs and ladies is going to be something at Russian nationals.

Mad for Skating

I am big fan of Stolbova, want them to raise to the top. But i have to be realistic. Aleona Savchenko was far more ahead in her levels with her partner, in the same time frame. I do not see the same "drive and determination" in Ksenya yet, to win and nothing else matters. If Stolbova wants to be where Savchenko got, she needs to practice day and night and think of nothing but skating, be on "one track mind" and just work....

Obviously Savchenko is one of a kind, and it’s unfair to both Savchenko and Stolbova to compare them. They’re both queens in their own right.

Ksenia did seem very motivated in her recent interview, and clearly Andrei has been working hard to get up to her level. Actually, I think Savchenko became capable of winning the gold medal when she started to calm down a little and skate because she loved it, not because she would die if she never won the Olympics. When she won, she was already married and talking about having kids. Ksenia is not at that point in her life yet, so if anything I would say she has more time to dedicate to the sport than even Savchenko.

I’m not saying Stolbova/Novoselov will be some incredible miracle in the skating world, but I do think they’re strong and capable.

zebraswan

Nobody would move to freaking Perm if they lacked "drive and determination." What else do you think she is doing there exactly? Eating bonbons on the couch? Just the fact that she managed to come back after being blackballed from the Olys, after injury, with a brand new partner, after not the most pleasant breakup with the previous partner shows incredible drive and determination. And she is in it for herself, not for your approval, or anyone else's for that matter.

kris2ffer

I was very impress with their speed and how Novoselov handled himself. My fear was Novoselov will slow them down and make silly mistakes so it was surprising that it was Ksenia who made the errors. Aside from the SBS jumps and 3Tw I think all their other elements were very good. PCS wise i think they will just be behind T/M and ahead of the rest.

Mad for Skating

Nobody would move to freaking Perm if they lacked "drive and determination." What else do you think she is doing there exactly? Eating bonbons on the couch? Just the fact that she managed to come back after being blackballed from the Olys, after injury, with a brand new partner, after not the most pleasant breakup with the previous partner shows incredible drive and determination. And she is in it for herself, not for your approval, or anyone else's for that matter.

I agree 100%. No one would’ve held it against her if she decided to just walk away from the sport after all those setbacks, but she decided to give it another chance. Whether she has a great comeback or not, she’s still brave to try and we should support her, not spread rumors that she’s lazy. If she wasn’t a driven person, she wouldn’t have two Olympic medals.

I was very impress with their speed and how Novoselov handled himself. My fear was Novoselov will slow them down and make silly mistakes so it was surprising that it was Ksenia who made the errors. Aside from the SBS jumps and 3Tw I think all their other elements were very good. PCS wise i think they will just be behind T/M and ahead of the rest.

I was frankly shocked to see how well Novoselov was skating. I noticed that he was a very good skater when he was with his previous partner, but he looks like a whole new skater now. I can tell he’s put in a lot of work and it’s definitely paid off.
Ksenia had some trouble on her SBS jumps last year, whereas Andrei was pretty consistent with his previous partner, but I hope it was just nerves here and she gets her consistency back.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Will Z/E withdraw from their GP, will it make better chances for Stolbova / Novoselov ?

I think they can fight for russian No.2, it should be easy as Mishina / Galliamov crushing Boikova // Kozlovski this season as russian no. 3.

S/N are more experience and should get higher PCS than these new seniors M/G, B/K or P/K

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Will Z/E withdraw from their GP, will it make better chances for Stolbova / Novoselov ?

I think they can fight for russian No.2, it should be easy as Mishina / Galliamov crushing Boikova // Kozlovski this season as russian no. 3.

S/N are more experience and should get higher PCS than these new seniors M/G, B/K or P/K

I’m not sure what’s going on with Zabiiako/Enbert, but even if they withdraw from the GP, I don’t think it’ll help Stolbova/Novoselov much, because Stolbova/Novoselov aren’t skating on the Grand Prix this year (unless they get the host pick spot or something).

Boikova/Kozlovskii looked strong to me, and so did Mishina/Galliamov; it’s not going to be easy for any of these teams to get to the top.

In a perfect world, Stolbova/Novoselov should have some of the highest PCS in Russia. But it really comes down to consistency. They need to nail those jumps if they want any chance of making the team.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I’m not sure what’s going on with Zabiiako/Enbert, but even if they withdraw from the GP, I don’t think it’ll help Stolbova/Novoselov much, because Stolbova/Novoselov aren’t skating on the Grand Prix this year (unless they get the host pick spot or something).

Boikova/Kozlovskii looked strong to me, and so did Mishina/Galliamov; it’s not going to be easy for any of these teams to get to the top.

In a perfect world, Stolbova/Novoselov should have some of the highest PCS in Russia. But it really comes down to consistency. They need to nail those jumps if they want any chance of making the team.

dont they get a spot for her as a returning skater ? they should definitely get the host pick.
Mishina / Galliamov have an easier GP because the French are also out of their GP. Boikova / Kozlovskii not so much

oleada

dont they get a spot for her as a returning skater ? they should definitely get the host pick.
Mishina / Galliamov have an easier GP because the French are also out of their GP. Boikova / Kozlovskii not so much
And Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin did too, last year, and even made it to the GPF, but B/K still finished way ahead at Nationals, made it to Worlds and have a much stronger reputation now.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
dont they get a spot for her as a returning skater
That's in the initial selection rules, not the alternate rules, which don't apply to host spots. (For RC, they can be any Fed choice that is eligible to compete in for Russia in Seniors and isn't in JGP.) Challenger Series winners supposedly to go to the bottom of the Pairs alternates. With 10 choices in Pairs, they could make it legitimately with a CS win for the other five GP's, although following the written alternate s rules has never been enforced in any strict way.

Mad for Skating

That's in the initial selection rules, not the alternate rules, which don't apply to host spots. (For RC, they can be any Fed choice that is eligible to compete in for Russia in Seniors and isn't in JGP.) Challenger Series winners supposedly to go to the bottom of the Pairs alternates. With 10 choices in Pairs, they could make it legitimately with a CS win for the other five GP's, although following the written alternate s rules has never been enforced in any strict way.

Thank you for this information! So yes, I think this means Stolbova/Novoselov would be getting the host pick. I don’t dare to hope for two Grand Prix events for them, but if they got them, that would be awesome.

Tinami Amori

If they get the host pick spot, or not, that would be an indicator what the Fed and judges (the event was judged, unofficially, just for sake of Feds, skaters and trainers) see their chances and levels. We'll see.

Mad for Skating

If they get the host pick spot, or not, that would be an indicator what the Fed and judges (the event was judged, unofficially, just for sake of Feds, skaters and trainers) see their chances and levels. We'll see.

Actually, since there are really no rules about who is allowed to get the host pick, I think there's a good chance they will get it. (I brushed up on the rules).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information