ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

mella

I would guess it's the requirements for a practice rink. Ice Sheffield is a two minute walk from the Arena and has two ice pads. I can't think of another city where an existing rink is even practical to use as a practice rink compared to where the arena would be.
I'm hoping when the new Lee Valley rinks are finished we might have an option for London using the O2 with LV as the practice rink šŸ¤žšŸ¾. God forbid the price though considering the GP šŸ¤£

Frau Muller

From Puerto Ricoā€¦With Love! Not LatinX!
I hope that itā€™s livestreamed to Puerto Ricoā€¦with whoever is doing the stream then! Peacock or whatever supplants it by then. šŸ¹

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Iā€™ve already informed DH that in March 2024-25 and Feb 2026 we will be in Montreal, Boston and Milan. He said, ā€œyes dear.ā€
DH is happy with Milan. Iā€™ll be solo for Montreal. And Iā€™m already kvetching about parking in Boston. In 2016, I used DHā€™s monthly pass for the garage at Faneuil Hall!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
DH is happy with Milan. Iā€™ll be solo for Montreal. And Iā€™m already kvetching about parking in Boston. In 2016, I used DHā€™s monthly pass for the garage at Faneuil Hall!
So can the T get me there from Somerville?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
So can the T get me there from Somerville?
Easy and quick! The Green Line Extension is direct to North Station. The only problem would be for any late nights as the last service departs around 11:30

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
The ISU Council approved next season's JGP hosts in their latest communication - https://isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/29763-isu-communication-2518/file

9. ISU Junior Grand Prix Season 2023/24
The Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2023/24 as follows:

August 23-26, 2023 Bangkok / THA
August 30-September 2, 2023 Linz / AUT (including Pair Skating)
September 6-9, 2023 Istanbul / TUR (including Pair Skating)
September 13-16, 2023 Osaka / JPN
September 20-23, 2023 Budapest / HUN (including Pair Skating)
September 27-30, 2023 Gdansk / POL (including Pair Skating)
October 4-7, 2023 Yerevan / ARM

Glad to see some new countries stepping up to host JGPs, especially Japan! Ted & Mark's passports are going to get quite the workout over the first four weeks!

Last edited:

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
The ISU Council approved next season's JGP hosts in their latest communication - https://isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/29763-isu-communication-2518/file

9. ISU Junior Grand Prix Season 2023/24
The Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2023/24 as follows:

August 23-26, 2023 Bangkok / THA
August 30-September 2, 2023 Linz / AUT (including Pair Skating)
September 6-9, 2023 Istanbul / TUR (including Pair Skating)
September 13-16, 2023 Osaka / JPN
September 20-23, 2023 Budapest / HUN (including Pair Skating)
September 27-30, 2023 Gdansk / POL (including Pair Skating)
October 4-7, 2023 Yerevan / ARM

Glad to see some new countries stepping up to host JGPs, especially Japan! Ted & Mark's passports are going to get quite the workout over the first four weeks!
Thailand :eek: That's really cool. Also in general it's nice to see 2-4 Asian hosts, depending on how you define it, after years of Central and Eastern European dominance.

ice coverage

No news yet on where 4CC is going to be in 2025 and 26?

Today's ISU update regarding bids:

2025 Four Continents​
Beijing - new bid​
Seoul - new bid​

2026 Four Continents​
Beijing - new bid​
Taipei - bid already listed in Apr 2022 ISU summary​

2026 Junior Worlds​
Beijing - new bid​

2026 Synchro Worlds​
Salzburg - new bid​
Tampere, Finland - bid already listed in Apr 2022 ISU summary​

2027 Euros​
Lausanne - new bid​

2027 Junior Worlds​
Harbin - new bid​

2027 Worlds​
Beijing - new bid​
Prague - bid already listed in Apr 2022 ISU summary​
Tampere - bid already listed in Apr 2022 ISU summary​
Budapest - bid already listed in Apr 2022 ISU summary​

Today's new bid summary:​

ETA:​
Link to Apr 2022 bid summary is listed here:​

No bids:

2027 Four Continents​

2024 Synchro Junior Worlds​
2025 Synchro Junior Worlds​
2026 Synchro Junior Worlds​
2027 Synchro Junior Worlds​

2027 Synchro Worlds​

Last edited:

On My Own

I do hope Harbin gets the junior worlds though, it would be cute af to have some of team china being there to stan the children. It got canceled in 2021.

ice coverage

Prague is hosting 2026 Worlds thoughā€¦ :confused:

As of Apr 2022, the bids for 2027 Worlds already were: Prague, Tampere, Budapest.
As of today, Beijing has been added to the list.

Prague received the provisional allotment for 2026 Worlds in Oct 2022.

I have edited my original post to make note of which bids are new as of the summary published today.
All of China's bids are new.
Also: Seoul for 2025 Four Continents; Lausanne for 2027 Euros; and Salzburg for 2026 Synchro Worlds.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Personally, I think any NGB that cancels their event with short notice should have to wait one year for every event they canceled before they are allowed to even bid on another one (let alone win one). Yes, Beijing, I'm talking about you.

How many did they cancel in the past quad? Let's not let them bid on anything until this quad is over.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Personally, I think any NGB that cancels their event with short notice should have to wait one year for every event they canceled before they are allowed to even bid on another one (let alone win one). Yes, Beijing, I'm talking about you.

How many did they cancel in the past quad? Let's not let them bid on anything until this quad is over.
I believe we're up to 4...

2019 CoC
2021 CoC
2022 4CCs
2022 CoC

I give a huge side-eye to awarding them 2024 4CCs, especially since the CCP is still insistent on the zero-Covid policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information