ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

PRlady

Administrator
I would guess that the ISU is using up its small store of brave resolution to keep the Russians banned, and doesn’t have the stomach for reproaching another powerful federation.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I mean it looks like they’ve added a bid next to every Taipei bid - shocker.

I would like to think the ISU would have the courage to choose the bid that's, you know, actually the best qualified, but unfortunately for the Taipei federation that's probably not what's going to happen.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I believe we're up to 4...

2019 CoC
2021 CoC
2022 4CCs
2022 CoC

I give a huge side-eye to awarding them 2024 4CCs, especially since the CCP is still insistent on the zero-Covid policy.

Zero-COVID policy is now virtually gone. https://www.reuters.com/world/china...-or-mild-symptoms-quarantine-home-2022-12-07/

Given the chaotic situation now (huge population, low vaccination rate, questionable vaccine efficacy, lack of healthcare, public misconception etc.) I'd say we're on the highway to everybody getting COVID.

If by "more normal existence" in a previous post of yours you meant COVID-related regulations then I think things will return to "normal" in a few months. China is not a normal country in many other aspects though.

clairecloutier

I feel like China may also have canceled Shanghai Trophy and/or Asian Open (senior B) at some point. But I could be wrong about that.

Karen-W

Neither sexy nor sultry, but loving life!
I feel like China may also have canceled Shanghai Trophy and/or Asian Open (senior B) at some point. But I could be wrong about that.
I believe that last year's Asian Open was originally designated as a Challenger, and the Beijing Test Event, but it lost its Challenger status when all of the non-Chinese athletes in pairs and dance were unable to get any flights into Beijing without it being insanely difficult - the entire US team assigned originally were withdrawn a few weeks before because of that.

I want to say that there was another event (maybe SEA Open?) which was originally scheduled for China this season, but wound up being moved to Singapore during the late spring/summer when it became clear that nowhere in China could host any events this year.

I don't count any of the fall 2020 season events that may or may not have been scheduled as canceled because Covid made everything that was held (including CoC) domestic, for the most part.

ilovesalchows

I would guess it's the requirements for a practice rink. Ice Sheffield is a two minute walk from the Arena and has two ice pads. I can't think of another city where an existing rink is even practical to use as a practice rink compared to where the arena would be.
Portland. Too bad we have issues (We're working on it!) and won't likely bid for worlds.

Karen-W

Portland. Too bad we have issues (We're working on it!) and won't likely bid for worlds.
If Portland ever puts in a bid for Worlds, 💯% I would volunteer! Heck, if we ever put in a bid for Nats, 4CCs or the GPF, I'd volunteer too! Quick drive for me up to the Rose Quarter, as long as I can avoid the commute hours, lol.

Stephanie

I want to say that there was another event (maybe SEA Open?) which was originally scheduled for China this season, but wound up being moved to Singapore during the late spring/summer when it became clear that nowhere in China could host any events this year.
You may be thinking of the Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy, which was relocated from Hong Kong to Jakarta

ilovesalchows

If Portland ever puts in a bid for Worlds, 💯% I would volunteer! Heck, if we ever put in a bid for Nats, 4CCs or the GPF, I'd volunteer too! Quick drive for me up to the Rose Quarter, as long as I can avoid the commute hours, lol.
I volunteered at the nationals that were here way back when. 2005??? I remember people were happy with the Memorial Colosseum and the Moda Center being right next to each other.

Karen-W

I volunteered at the nationals that were here way back when. 2005??? I remember people were happy with the Memorial Colosseum and the Moda Center being right next to each other.
I had only just moved back up to Oregon the spring before, so I didn't have any idea that volunteers were needed, etc, but I did have an all-event ticket and loved the entire competition. We just need to find a way to avoid another ice storm!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I believe we're up to 4...

2019 CoC
2021 CoC
2022 4CCs
2022 CoC

I give a huge side-eye to awarding them 2024 4CCs, especially since the CCP is still insistent on the zero-Covid policy.
So no bidding on events until 2027 it is! ;)

I would guess that the ISU is using up its small store of brave resolution to keep the Russians banned, and doesn’t have the stomach for reproaching another powerful federation.
Is China a powerful federation in figure skating? How did that happen given that they only ever were a powerhouse in Pairs and have hardly sent out any skaters to international comps in the past few years?

On My Own

I don't think China is a powerful fed, but China as a country has the potential to be a key market, and always will. I like pretty much all their skaters, they're taught to do at least some part of skating exceptionally well, and it's a joke to me that the best Chinese pairs' skating quality is considered anywhere even close to the Russian ones.

Now do I want anyone accepting money from China, is a different question.

Sylvia

Happy 2023! :)
January 17, 2023: https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/1...ionships-2024-25-and-2025-26?templateParam=15

The ISU Council met on January 16, 2023 and decided to provisionally allot the following ISU Figure Skating Championships for the seasons 2024/25 and 2025/26:

Season 2024/25:

Figure Skating

ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2025, February 4-9, 2025, Seoul/KOR

Season 2025/26:

Figure Skating

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2026, March 2-8, 2026, Tallinn/EST

Synchronized Skating

ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2026, April 10-11, 2026, Salzburg/AUT

ETA:

Season 2023/24
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2024, January 22-28, 2024, Budapest / HUN
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2024, January 29-February 4, 2024, Shanghai / CHN
ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2024, February 26-March 3, 2024, Taipei City / TPE
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024, March 18-24, 2024, Montréal / CAN
ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships 2024, March 8-9, 2024, TBA
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2024, April 5-6, 2024, Zagreb / CRO

Season 2024/25
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2025, January 20-26, 2025, Zagreb / CRO
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2025, February 4-9, 2025, Seoul/KOR
ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2025, February 24-March 2, 2025, Debrecen / HUN
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2025, March 24-30, 2025, Boston, MA / USA
ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships 2025 TBA
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2025, April 4-5, 2025, Tampere / FIN

Season 2025/26
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2026, January 12-18, 2026, Sheffield / GBR
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2026 TBA
ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2026, March 2-8, 2026, Tallinn/EST
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2026, March 23-29, 2026, Prague / CZE
ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships 2026 TBA
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2026, April 10-11, 2026, Salzburg/AUT

Last edited:

lexeoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information