ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2018/19 season

Carolla5501

Honestly, I didn't know Weir was such a badass (I am too new to the sport). Love it, I'm going to order the book now.

There's a difference between "badass" and "petulant brat" Weir is the latter LOL! A badass would have shown up and skated in the costume despite USFS objections... petulant brat hides in his room and lies! (And is the book even in publication any longer, it was far from a success? And yes Amazon has one left in stock plus a LOT of cheap used copies)

sjs5572

Cirque de Soleil. According to page 50-54 of his book (I suppose keeping that trash heap around has some uses occasionally), he described it as a "sexy circus freak", "black velvet pants...into a turquoise lycra top layered with black fishnet...a turquoise string snaked up my sides and around my waist, ending in a rip at one of the shoulders". Sounds like a ****ing disaster. Oh, and he had white blond and fire engine red dyed patches in his hair, which even he admits looked awful. Supposedly, the USFS judges had a freakout when they saw it in practice because he "looks like a Russian!" and his "hair is disrespectful" and ordered him to change the costume. And his solution?:

His justification was that he wasn't sixteen and wouldn't let them push him around. You know what else you can do when you're not sixteen anymore, Weir? You can communicate like a fcuking adult.
In his book, he also refers to his patron and his landlord in a somewhat derisive manner. He seemed to dismiss people, even those who helped him, who were "beneath" him. I like Weir's skating but do not like anything about him as a person. I won't even get into when he threw the LGBTQ community under the bus during the Sochi gay rights controversy.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
What is it with people assuming the worst of Gracie fans who have been desperate for news?

feraina

So far, so good!
Yay! People complained about her getting picked, and now she’s in medal position. The irony! I remember her being a very promising novice skater at US Nationals. What a shame she felt like switching countries. I wonder if the Swiss federation gives more support. Or maybe it’s just more competitive opportunities representing a small country.

I can’t help but root for the underdogs, especially those who seem to draw more than their ‘fair’ share of disdain from the ‘fans’.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Yay! People complained about her getting picked, and now she’s in medal position. The irony! I remember her being a very promising novice skater at US Nationals. What a shame she felt like switching countries. I wonder if the Swiss federation gives more support. Or maybe it’s just more competitive opportunities representing a small country.

I can’t help but root for the underdogs, especially those who seem to draw more than their ‘fair’ share of disdain from the ‘fans’.

Yeah I wonder if the USFS is kicking themselves for letting the country switch happen. Honestly I hope she medals. Maybe that’s the wake up call everyone needs 😂 I wouldn’t call 🇨🇭 a small country though, maybe they’re not producing champions non-stop, but we have had Biellman, Krieg,Ruh and Lambiel.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yeah I wonder if the USFS is kicking themselves for letting the country switch happen. Honestly I hope she medals. Maybe that’s the wake up call everyone needs 😂 I wouldn’t call 🇨🇭 a small country though, maybe they’re not producing champions non-stop, but we have had Biellman, Krieg,Ruh and Lambiel.

Sarah Meier was by far the most successful Swiss lady since Biellmann.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
There's a difference between "badass" and "petulant brat" Weir is the latter LOL! A badass would have shown up and skated in the costume despite USFS objections... petulant brat hides in his room and lies! (And is the book even in publication any longer, it was far from a success? And yes Amazon has one left in stock plus a LOT of cheap used copies)

Yes. His Grand Prix commentary is obnoxious,too. His flamboyant wardrobe is preposterous and distracting. However,I must admit a few of those blazers and hairpieces would look sensational on my body!

-BB

DreamSkates

In his book, he also refers to his patron and his landlord in a somewhat derisive manner. He seemed to dismiss people, even those who helped him, who were "beneath" him. I like Weir's skating but do not like anything about him as a person. I won't even get into when he threw the LGBTQ community under the bus during the Sochi gay rights controversy.
He tends to commentate in a derisive manner as well. As if some of the current skaters are not as good as he was. I am glad when I can watch and not listen to his comments.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So it’s crazy that Canada will have no senior skaters at a home GPF :eek: Their closest shot is Messing as 1st alternate in the Men’s event. Truly a rebuilding year for the reingning team Olympic champions.

I was thinking about this exact same thing earlier today. I was like people think it's sad the USA is only sending three to the GPF, our friends in Canada aren't sending anybody.

Dobre

I was thinking about this exact same thing earlier today. I was like people think it's sad the USA is only sending three to the GPF, our friends in Canada aren't sending anybody.

Canada is sending Gogolev and Lajoie & Lagha.

USA is sending Pulkinen, Hiwatashi, Nguyen & Kolesnik, and Feng & Nyman along with three senior entries.

I'm quite looking forward to the junior events as much as the senior ones. Especially the junior men's event in which 5 of my favorites qualified:eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information