ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2018/19 season

S

SmallFairy

I'm dying. And the season has barely started. What did S/S (or I) ever do to anyone???

There's still some dance spot left somewhere, or do I remember it incorrectly?
:mitchell:

Dobre

Muller & Dieck lost to Turkkila & Versluis at Ondrej Nepela.

Shpilevaya & Smirnov defeated Turkkila & Versluis at Finlandia Trophy.

Mystery solved.

Other Notes: M&D did give up a whole lift in that performance at Nepela. T&V did defeat Evdokimova & Bazin at Finlandia, but it was a closer shave than T&V's win over M&D. Shpilevaya & Smirnov also defeated Soucisse & Firus in the FD at Finlandia. Should an opening become available at SC, we should probably know this in advance. Of course, it is entirely Russia's fault that S&S are not already at Rostelecom.

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kostner was scheduled for GPs in Finland and France.

Possible substitutes (not including Japanese and Russian skaters who have max spots at those events)

41 Hicks (NHK)
46 Kim
53 Ma
58 An
59 Craine
62 Algotsson (IDF)
63 Lindfors (FIN)
64 Dastich
66 Paganini (RUS)
70 Han

Finland is around the time frame where they wouldn't have to replace, but bringing in Algotsson would probably be doable. For France, they usually choose European replacements, and Lindfors would be a good choice for them. Paganini's travel would also be fairly cheap, probably, since she will be in Russia the week before. Or they could be magnanimous and select the best skater without 2 (Hicks) or best skater without 1 (Kim), though it would be more expensive to get either of those athletes there.

J

Jeschke

Can Dastich (in theory) be selected, if she was submitted to JGP events this season, but did not skate?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
66 Paganini (RUS)
70 Han

Also 68 - Ashley Lin, should be above Brooklee. But I have a feeling one or both of Emmy and An are not really on the list since they've had injuries.

Out of curiousity, I pulled what would be the list if we used this season's scores, leaving out the JGP skaters...in order it would be-
Lindfors, A Lin, Peltonen, Mallet, Craine, Glenn, Hicks, Yujin Choi, Pineault, Paganini

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Bumping up the men list since its so far back-

MEN
*Yaroslav Paniot- 35
*Paul Fentz- 38
*Artur Dmitriev- 39
*Nic Nadeau- 40
*Alex Johnson- 44
Ivan Righini- 45 (no 18-19 comps yet)
*Andrei Lazukin- 47
*June Hyoung Lee- 48
Alexander Petrov- 51 (no intl 18-19 comps yet but has done well in Russia comps)
Makar Ignatov- 53 (no 18-19 comps yet)
----
Next 5...Dolensky 56, Samoilov 59?, Besseghier 60?, Harris 63, Zandron 67
---------
FYI- top 10 from this season's list would be-
Lazukin, Sadovsky, Nadeau, Dmitriev, Dolensky, Toman, Britschgi, JMa, Yamamoto, Hino

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Hearsay is Chock/Bates are out of the entire GP series so there may be one more spot....She's still recovering...

Watching the Skate America Rhythm Dance on NBC Sports Gold and Tanith just said that Chock/Bates are out of the Grand Prix series...

EDIT: Tanith just corrected herself and said Chock/Bates are only out of their first event... Still gotta wonder, though.

Last edited:

Cleo1782

Watching the Skate America Rhythm Dance on NBC Sports Gold and Tanith just said that Chock/Bates are out of the Grand Prix series...

EDIT: Tanith just corrected herself and said Chock/Bates are only out of their first event... Still gotta wonder, though.

Honestly just heard that as a reliable rumor, but they could try out a Grand Prix if they are up to it. Probably not worth the risk though. They clearly haven't wd from their second event yet so wait and see...

Willin

@Marco Not to any Grand Prixs at the moment, but she's going to one more CS and two more Senior Bs.

It's a shame since I like seeing skaters from a variety of countries competing, but she's too far down the list this year.

Marco

@Marco Not to any Grand Prixs at the moment, but she's going to one more CS and two more Senior Bs.

It's a shame since I like seeing skaters from a variety of countries competing, but she's too far down the list this year.

Something is broken with the system. She won a CS, skated at a GP, 4CCs, Olympics and Worlds last season. She nearly medalled at a CS this season against strong competition.

And no invitation for her? I hope the few pending withdrawals mentioned above will give her a chance.

Willin

@Marco She's further down the list than I think most of us think she is. I'm not sure why. But that is probably a big part of it. Brooklee Han didn't get any spots for Australia either.

It's really annoying. I think getting smaller federations GP spots should be a priority. Yes, I know the skaters shouldn't be gifted the spots if they're not near ready, but I think there should be some way to get them GP spots even if they are further down the list. The press that skaters like Julian Zhi Jie Lee get for earning Senior GP spots can really do a lot to build figure skating in a country. Getting those skaters into televised competitions could really help spread the sport.
Maybe the ISU should have one spot at each GP in each category for an emerging country assuming the skaters from those federations meet a minimum standard. Maybe meeting the Worlds minimums and/or getting a Top 5 CS finish that season? Or a Senior B only for smaller federations (No GP host countries allowed) during the summer to fight for the spots. The top 6 in each category get a single GP spot assuming they meet Worlds minimums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information