ISU Decision on Allegation of Biased Judging at 2020 Junior Worlds

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
It's stupid and seems like certain people are extra bored in these off months, to be honest. I read the whole thing and think there are much more severe cases that should've been highlighted and the ISU has the opportunity to take a statistics site like SkatingScores and use it as a way to see how out of line judges are throughout a season of information. But a non-top 10 instance of two dance teams? I think maybe there's an agenda behind this.

However, I always :rolleyes: about being out of the PCS 'corridor' because of the wording of some of the bullet-points. I wouldn't be getting all bent out of shape over a component being 0.25 or 0.50 off the range when a lot of it leads to subjectiveness anyways. There are sometimes judges who mark all over the place with PCS and I think a lot of us would agree it's more in line with what looks appropriate, but the ISU won't think so.

ETA- they also knew that the time to file a complaint for the initial incident was past (and if they didn't- stupid), but they still wanted to throw it in to try to strengthen the case.

Colonel Green

Someone bothered to file a judging bias complaint about one judge’s modest marking divergence of a third-string junior team?

Colonel Green

I agree about the marking divergence in this case not being significant enough to warrant the complaint, but third-string junior teams have as much right to be protected from dishonest judging as any others.
Of course, in principle — I just mean that in reality there are so many instances of anomalous judging that it’s a bit odd to see a complaint actually be filed about an instance like this.

C

casken

No marks awarded by the Alleged Offender were highlighted for OAC Evaluation (per ISU Communication No. 2271) but the in-depth analysis showed that the Alleged Offender was supporting her own nation to the detriment of their nearest rival.

So what Sharon Rodgers does at literally every event she judges? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information