ISU Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer - what would you do?

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to @kosjenka for the heads up that this open job position in Lausanne is posted :D: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3914409080
Role overview
Under the supervision of the Director General, the Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer will be responsible for the ISU's brand vision and business development, including communications and marketing efforts. He/she will have direct responsibility for developing marketing initiatives to increase the ISU's sales and profitability, as well as being responsible for identifying new revenue streams and strategies to capitalise on them. His/her primary performance measure will be revenue growth.
The Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer is a senior appointment, and the job holder will have to meet many challenges and be able to balance the interests of different stakeholders. The position requires high level of expertise, leadership and strategic thinking. The combination of creativity and organisational skills will also be crucial to fulfil the role and increase the ISU's reach and exposure.

swissskate

Good luck with the revenues growth :bribe::judge:Hope this doesn’t sound the end of the appreciated free youtube streams for ISU competitions.

Sylvia

TBD
Copying out all the responsibilities listed in the job description:

• Responsible for leading the development of the ISU's marketing strategy by working closely with clients, managers, creatives, content providers, and distribution partners to create effective plans focused on growing the Union's reach.

• Responsible for leading the commercial strategy for the ISU, looking after current agreements, timelines, audits, renewals and changes of rights.

• Oversee and develop media and data rights business opportunities, looking to enhance monetisation, as well as reach and engagement, for the ISU and its events.

• Lead on sponsorship sales, activate new clients and leverage current partnerships and responsible in segmenting the broadcast agreements on a global basis.

• With the Director General and Finance Director, setting and monitoring revenue and expense budgets for the departments under his/her responsibility.

• Spearhead the execution of marketing campaigns, including test and control group segmentation, testing, tracking, results reporting, analyses, and recommendations.

• Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plans and strategy, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive audience interest and increase revenue.

• Lead the development and execution of innovative marketing & promotional plans for portfolio of events.

• Manage the customer communications strategy across all marketing channels in partnership with the social media team (e-newsletters, social channels, etc.).

• In-depth understanding of the ISU's consumers, their behaviour and the category, so customer targeted marketing initiatives can be developed.

• Ensure event brand consistency across all marketing assets and marketing material.

• Lead the communications and social team and events team to develop a media communication plan for their portfolio of events that drives entries and increases profile of events.

• Oversee all digital platforms, content creation and brand development.

• Work with broadcast Production in the distribution of digital content to ensure optimised viewership.

• Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets.

• Manage, consolidate and analyse third party reporting of event sales, audiences, social media and any other relevant KPI's, including weekly reports and ad hoc reports as required.

• Regular forecasting and analysis of our events to identify when events are tracking down and where 'close the gap' plans need to be initiated. Look after data analytics and cost monitoring.

• Work closely with the senior management team to input in to and develop mutually beneficial relationships, and overall management of key partners marketing rights and benefits to ensure they are delivered in an efficient and effective manner, that drives great customer engagement.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Frau, they are still indeed free if you take less than 2 minutes to install a different web browser and country hop.
Who cares. Not simple for me. Glad that Peacock comes to Puerto Rico! Hip hip, Hooray!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Who cares. Not simple for me. Glad that Peacock comes to Puerto Rico! Hip hip, Hooray!
You mean you don't care, because you can't be bothered to try. Like usual.

Anyways, to get back on topic- I still wish an ISU channel would come to fruition with archives of all major (and then some) events all in one place. The person who gets this position should also dump the entire media team and find people that actually know what they are doing/not make most of it cringe.

Andrea82

Is this new role replacing/inglabating the current Marketing & Media Rights Director (currently held by Pierre Eymann, who has been working for ISU for over 27 years)?

sus2850

Anyways, to get back on topic- I still wish an ISU channel would come to fruition with archives of all major (and then some) events all in one place. The person who gets this position should also dump the entire media team and find people that actually know what they are doing/not make most of it cringe.
Not sure what you mean by „media team“. If you mean the persons doing Instagram: That is not what is in focus with this job position.
The marketing officer is meant to bring the big money in, that is in sports still: tv rights. And with skating probably: getting more contracts with Japanese and Korean companies/brands.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Not sure what you mean by „media team“. If you mean the persons doing Instagram: That is not what is in focus with this job position.
The marketing officer is meant to bring the big money in, that is in sports still: tv rights. And with skating probably: getting more contracts with Japanese and Korean companies/brands.
They need to outreach with more than just Japanese and Korean brands.

As others have mentioned, this role isn't solely focused on figure skating. The speed skating branch might not bring in as much sponsor money but there's money there, I'm sure, with some European and Chinese companies.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Did you read the criteria for the job? 🤔

• Lead the communications and social team and events team to develop a media communication plan for their portfolio of events that drives entries and increases profile of events.

• Oversee all digital platforms, content creation and brand development.
So yes, this would be the person in charge of wiping out the abysmal social media ‘content creation’ plan we see now.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Did you read the criteria for the job? 🤔

So yes, this would be the person in charge of wiping out the abysmal social media ‘content creation’ plan we see now.
Agreed. The CMO (or I guess CCMO in this case) would be in charge of everything to do with Marketing. Not sure why people think that wouldn't include social media marketing.

ETA that org chart is weird. It seems like Speed Skating has its own marketing director who also reports to the top. I would not take the CCMO job unless that changed and that was under me as well.

Andrea82

ETA that org chart is weird. It seems like Speed Skating has its own marketing director who also reports to the top. I would not take the CCMO job unless that changed and that was under me as well.
Isn't the marketing manager for speed skating/short track reporting to Marketing & Media Rights Director (I guess this director position will be replaced by this new Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer role) too? She also reports to the the Sports Director Speed Skating because she is doing both Marketing Manager and Sports Manager Speed Skating (for the sport manager part, she must report to the Sport Director).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Isn't the marketing manager for speed skating/short track reporting to Marketing & Media Rights Director (I guess this director position will be replaced by this new Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer role) too? She also reports to the the Sports Director Speed Skating because she is doing both Marketing Manager and Sports Manager Speed Skating (for the sport manager part, she must report to the Sport Director).
This position reports to the Sports Director Speed Skating and the Director General but not to the Communications and Media Director who does not have Marketing or Commercial in their title.

It looks like this is a new position and hopefully, both of those positions will report to whomever gets the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information