ISU calendar of international competitions 2022/23

Sylvia

TBD
ISU Communication No. 2485 - Announcement of International Single & Pair Skating, Ice Dance and Synchronized Skating Competitions 2022/23 (as of June 1, 2022) - link to the current list of ISU competitions in table format (figure skating on pages 1-5, then synchro. & adults on page 7): https://isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/28572-isu-communication-2485/file

News item dated today, June 1, 2022: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...tions-for-the-season-2020-21?templateParam=15

"The below International Competitions calendar is valid as of July 1, 2022. Due to the current pandemic, new International Competitions, cancellations, postponements or changes of venues might happen any time. All changes will be reflected in the ISU event calendar" (link): https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/events/figure-skating-calendar

2 new Senior B internationals early in the season are Britannia Cup, 27-28 August 2022 Sheffield GBR (all disciplines) and SEA Open Trophy, 2-4 September 2022 Singapore SGP (singles).

Mexico Cup, 16-20 May 2023 in Mexico City (singles), Oceania International Figure Skating Competition, 17-19 May 2023 in Auckland NZL (all disciplines), and Hollins Trophy, 9-12 June 2023 in Sydney AUS (all disciplines) are the final 3 internationals of the season.

Last edited:

manhn

What’s Colorado Springs like during that time, weather wise? Does it snow?

Debbie S

Sorry to our Aussie and Pacific Rim FSUers. I hope you'll get another ISU comp soon.

As an American who has never been to 4CC, I admit I'm excited about the prospect. I'm going to Nats, so I'll need to see how my boss feels about me taking off some more days so soon, but I've taken hardly any days this year so hopefully this will work out.

alexikeguchi

I suppose it's not too surprising since the venue was moved within Australia I believe more than once. Plus, lots of 4CC skaters train in CO or at minimum in N America, even including some Australian skaters.

Sylvia

TBD
All Event tickets for Finlandia Trophy in Espoo, 6-9 October 2022 (ISU Challenger Series comp. featuring all 4 disciplines + synchro), went on sale today, June 22: https://www.finlandiatrophy.com/en/liput/

ETA:

The European Figure Skating Championships will be held at Metro Arena in Espoo [same arena as Finlandia Trophy] on 25–29. January 2023. All event ticket sales began in May.
There are two different ticket packages on sale. The first package includes all eight competition events and rehearsals in the main arena. The second package in addition to the above is the final screening of the competitions. All event ticket prices range from 194 to 924 euros.

Individual tickets will go on sale on 23.8. at 10.00.

Tickets are sold by Ticketmaster.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Yes.

It also could be warm and sunny. It also could be both within the time-frame of the competition. In Colorado it is normal to have t-shirt weather and snow within 24 hours.

Either pack for a variety of circumstances, or check the weather predictions the night before and adjust accordingly... and still cross your fingers. Weather predictions change a lot here.

peibeck

Simply looking

The last time it was held there it was cold and a bit of snow, but nothing significant (an inch, maybe a little more) but it was very windy. The streets and sidewalks were kept pretty clear.

The airport is pretty small, so if you fly in you'll likely take a smaller plane in from Denver to CoS.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I have United credit to use and really did not like the thought of a layover to Boston. Now I can do direct to Boston and use my credit on United for Colorado Springs. DH said, you are doing both? I said, why not?! He laughed. I’m still not decided but I do have that credit to spend by the end of the year and KC to CS is easy, even with the stop in Denver.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I'm sorely tempted to go, now that it's in CS. I'll be in Turin for GPF, then LA after Christmas, and I was pondering US Nationals but that's a lot within the span of a month. :lol: Doesn't look too bad roundtrip from CLT (ah, were I flying out of BUR, it'd be even better but no longer am I on the West Coast!). I still have Delta eCredits and a ton of SkyMiles. Like. A ton of SkyMiles...

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
The last time it was held there it was cold and a bit of snow, but nothing significant (an inch, maybe a little more) but it was very windy. The streets and sidewalks were kept pretty clear.

The airport is pretty small, so if you fly in you'll likely take a smaller plane in from Denver to CoS.
That trip from Denver to CO Springs by air is about a 25 minute one.

I had no concept of time when we drove from Denver (Lakewood) to CO Springs last time we visited our son, but didn't seem too long.

azcalder

That trip from Denver to CO Springs by air is about a 25 minute one.

I had no concept of time when we drove from Denver (Lakewood) to CO Springs last time we visited our son, but didn't seem too long.
SWA started flying into CS las year - at least from PHX, and the prices were reasonable - at least before this recent surge. I haven't checked in a while.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Whoop! Whoop! 🥳
I adore Colorado Springs. World FS Museum & Hall of Fame + Broadmoor Hotel there. I’m even tempted to break my own “no travel/Peacock-only” rule.

Twinsies.

Last time I went I remembered how some of Ice Castles was filmed there... I walked around the hotel and rink pretending Robbie Benson was going to court me! lolz

Sylvia

TBD
Asian Open Trophy (December 5-9, 2022) has been reallocated from Hong Kong to Jakarta, Indonesia: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...n-open-figure-skating-trophy?templateParam=11

Threads in GSD (since this one was created on June 1)...

ISU Grand Prix assignments:

ISU Challenger Series:

Junior Grand Prix:

ETA:

Photos from the first ISU international of the 2022-23 season:

Last edited:

Keith

Sylvia

TBD
Entry lists are up for Britannia Cup.

(ETA: Anything GOEs said they contacted to confirm that there's a mistake on the Senior Ice Dance entry list - should be Ramanauskaite / Kizala)
Thanks for the heads up! Link to the competition thread now in the Kiss & Cry section: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...figure-cup-august-26-28-sheffield-gbr.109850/

ETA:

SEA [Southeast Asia] Open Trophy in Singapore has an official website and the event schedule (Sept. 1-4) is here: https://seaopenfs.com/schedule/

Last edited:

Kathryn2001

If anyone finds access to the latest time schedule for Skate America, I would appreciate knowing. I'm most concerned about what time the Women's event begins on Sunday. Somewhere, maybe the actual tickets I have, show events beginning at 8am, which is very early for an ISU event, but I heard that may not be the actual beginning times.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
If anyone finds access to the latest time schedule for Skate America, I would appreciate knowing. I'm most concerned about what time the Women's event begins on Sunday. Somewhere, maybe the actual tickets I have, show events beginning at 8am, which is very early for an ISU event, but I heard that may not be the actual beginning times.
The time schedule is not yet posted on the ISU site: https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00113518.htm

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
@Kathryn2001, when the colored time schedule is published online, I'm sure it will be linked in the GSD thread for 2022 Skate America - I've replied to you there:

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The detailed schedule hasn’t been released yet, but usually the Sunday TV coverage ends at 6pm EST so that’s when I would expect the women’s event to end if it’s on NBC.

Andrea82

Mentor Cup is now listed as cancelled on ISU website

Announcements have been published for Tayside Trophy (deadlines for entries: 17 September) and Trophée Metropole Nice (deadline for entries on 18 September).

Andrea82

Mont Blanc Cup (25-27 November) in Courmayeur (Italy) cancelled.
Magic Christmas Cup (8-11 December) in Bucharest cancelled.
Junior events at Golden Spin cancelled. The Challenger event has been moved to Sisak.

Announcements have been published for all other competitions scheduled until 15th December.

Andrea82

Some cancellations now appearing on ISU calendar

Ice Lab Cup (Italy)
Jegrivag Cup (Hungary)
Spring Talents Cup Ukraine

Maria Olszewska Memorial (Poland) is moved from 9-12th February to 16-19th March.
Tallins Hotels Cup is moved one week earlier (now 16-19th February)

Both IceLab Cup and Maria Olszewska Memorial were supposed to include a Pair event. So now the chances to get minimum TES for Pairs is cut in half. Only Bavaria Open and Challenge Cup are held before the deadline for Senior Worlds and have a Pair event scheduled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information