Israeli Skating News

Miezekatze

My friend and I have been to Nebelhorn Trophy for years (and some other skating events) and we've seen Krasnopolski live very often by now, so when we read him on the list with a new partner, like others I admit we joked a bit about seeing him with a new partner all the time.

But we were really surprised and impressed by this new partnership seeing them live. in the Short program we had just entered the rink when they had started and missed a bit, so we were a bit surprised by their high placement, but in the LP we saw the whole program completely and were really impressed by the quality and speed. I think it's a very promising partnership and IMO the best we've seen him, despite the short time they skate together, Hailey was great and they seem a good match!

Kelvster

really wonderful, touching story! and yes, despite all our jokes ... you have to respekt Evgeni ... i don't know what he's like as a person, but he's certainly very driven and talented.

Sylvia

TBD
This NJ article+photos (published on Jan. 10 before Europeans) has quotes from Galit Chait, Hailey Kops, Evgeni Krasnopolski & Alexei Bychenko:
Kops, 19, and Krasnopolski, 33, are two of three Israeli figure skaters who have been practicing inside the Little Falls arena for hours each week in the lead-up to the Winter Olympics. The third is Alexei Bychenko, 33, the first Israeli single skater to medal at a European Championship, who will compete in Beijing in the men’s singles.
The three have one thing in common — they are coached by Galit Chait-Moracci, a longtime Paramus resident and three-time Olympian-turned-coach.
More pre-Olympics articles on Kops' partnership with Krasnopolski (initiated in June 2021):

The (former Team USA) Junior ice dance team of Elizabeth Tkachenko and Alexei Kiliakov made their international debut for Israel at Bavarian Open this past weekend, won the bronze (142.28 total), and got their minimums for Junior Worlds. They shared some photos afterwards: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZFcXUrLbeT/

ETA: 6th in Senior at Bavarian Open - Shira ICHILOV / Vladimir BYELIKOV ISR 154.47 4 7 (Worlds TES minimums achieved with 36.70 in RD, 51.95 in FD).

Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY also have the Worlds ice dance minimums (36.09 & 56.63 at CS Warsaw Cup 2021).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
has a flag bearer been named?
@Ka3sha found the info in an article linked above:
Krasnopolsky was selected to bear Israel’s flag at the Opening Ceremony on February 4.

“It’s one of the best things that could happen to me,” Krasnopolsky said of the honor. “I can’t wait to walk [with the flag] into that stadium.”

text_skate

He told Haaretz before the Olympics that he couldn't see himself trying for 2026. And I think Kops has her own plans (nursing school IIRC), and really only came back to skating for a chance at the Olympics.
I thought, they might stay for another season. Can't say I'm surprised, though.
Anyhow it was quite an achievement, and I'm particularly happy for Kops to fulfil her dream of becoming an Olympian

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Surely some of these Russian pairs teams who aren't able to compete now have some Jewish ancestry, right? Especially if Kops/Krasnopolski finish top 10 at Worlds and earn 2 pairs spots for Israel next season!

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Surely some of these Russian pairs teams who aren't able to compete now have some Jewish ancestry, right? Especially if Kops/Krasnopolski finish top 10 at Worlds and earn 2 pairs spots for Israel next season!
The day Kops/Krasnapolski end up in top 10 at the worlds will be a very sad day for the pairs figure skating, even if the RUS/CHN pairs are not participating

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The day Kops/Krasnapolski end up in top 10 at the worlds will be a very sad day for the pairs figure skating, even if the RUS/CHN pairs are not participating
Well, they aren't terrible. Or at least, no worse than at least half the other teams that will be there.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Will Krasnopolski stay in New Jersey once he's stopped skating himself, or does he plan to move back to (where is he from?)

Vagabond

Will Krasnopolski stay in New Jersey once he's stopped skating himself, or does he plan to move back to (where is he from?)

His family has lived in Israel since he was 3 years old per Wikipedia, However i wouldn't be surprised if he considered NJ home at this point.
And he was born in Kyiv, which I don't think he will even visit any time soon. :shuffle: :(

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
And he was born in Kyiv, which I don't think he will even visit any time soon. :shuffle: :(
Taking he left when he was 3 I somehow doubt he misses it terribly much.

He could come back and coach - his Hebrew is good enough for that, he could stay there and coach - his English is akso good enough. The logical thing would be to stay there - think by now he might actually be not bad with the beginners in pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information