IS THERE ANYONE ELSE HERE WHO SOMETIMES FEELS JEALOUS OF THEIR FAVORITE SKATER(S) BESIDES ME?

FSWer

Say,I thought we could talk about how much all of us here really ARE jealous of their favorite skater(s)? Because I know I am. I really DO wish I could be just as good as them. I really envy that they can do what they can do. Especially in Ice-Dance and Freestyle. You may say the Skaters you are jealous of. For example...In Ice-Dance I'm jealous of Tessa and Scott,Anjelika Krylova and Oleg Ovsiannikov and Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje....In Freestyle it'd be....Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold just to name a few....I really DO wish I could do the tricks and all. I really feel it a...LOT in me....Anybody else feel this way?

TheGirlCanSkate

No. life is too short to live in wishful thinking or wasting time thinking about how other people have it better/easier than me. I like what the kids say now - 'You do you'. Once you fully commit to being yourself and accepting the good and bad, everything becomes a little easier.

Clarice

While I certainly wish I could skate as well as my favorite skaters, I can't say I'm jealous of them. I know that because I started skating as an adult I can never match their level of skill or comfort on the ice. I use them as inspiration, and remind myself that there are a lot of people who can't skate as well as me!

Skittl1321

I'm not jealous of elite skaters, because even if I had that level of talent, I'm lazy- and there is no way I would work that hard or regiment my diet the way they have to.

I wish I was a better skater than I am, but I would never want to be an elite athlete. It is just way too grueling. I don't have that kind of drive.

FSWer

I sometimes wonder if it could or could not happen to anyone. After all,if it weren't realistic in some way...we would have someone like Tessa Virtue. As even Mrs. Virtue (Kate) would've said that to her.

treesprite

Jealousy of people whose skills are so far beyond mine that I know I can never reach them, is completely pointless. Admiration of those people, however, gives inspiration and information, so we can at least learn a small fraction of those skills ourselves.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I am not jealous of elite skaters, but I will admit to occasionally being jealous of some adult skaters that I know who have way more time than I do to skate. But I can’t be them, so I just try to make do with what I have. Because I am awesome just the way I am - how many people can say they skate at all?

:)

TheGirlCanSkate

I am not really clear on what you are saying...No, becoming the next Scott or Tessa could not "happen to anyone". They have intense training, time, money, and timing and talent. They are not the only ones making this commitment, there are probably 10 -30 dance teams in a country that are at the qualifying senior level and it only happens to one team in a blue moon to reach that measure of success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information