Irina Slutskaya - 98 Russian Nationals

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Oh Dear... she even fell out of a spin and splat!!!

Ive never seen this...

98??? So this isnt what she did for the Oly Free in Nagano....

98???

Oh wait.. Russia has their Nationals in December... so this was done after the Olys??? How do they do it and call it? If Nationals are done in December 2018 are they officially called 2019 Nationals?

Because her SP at Nagano Olys I loved... where she is wearing that half tuxedo/half dress!!!!

I love her!!!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Oh Dear... she even fell out of a spin and splat!!!

Ive never seen this...

98??? So this isnt what she did for the Oly Free in Nagano....

98???

Oh wait.. Russia has their Nationals in December... so this was done after the Olys??? How do they do it and call it? If Nationals are done in December 2018 are they officially called 2019 Nationals?

Because her SP at Nagano Olys I loved... where she is wearing that half tuxedo/half dress!!!!

I love her!!!

It’s her 1997-1998 long program, the same she used the rest of the year but I think she only used this outfit this one time. Odd because the Champions Series Final (GPF) had to be right before this and she looked much stronger there.

When Irina had another poor performance at Nationals in 1999, I think this very skate contributed to keeping her off the World team. They gave her one Nationals pass, and weren’t about to give another, even with her third-place GPF finish.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
It’s her 1997-1998 long program, the same she used the rest of the year but I think she only used this outfit this one time. Odd because the Champions Series Final (GPF) had to be right before this and she looked much stronger there.

When Irina had another poor performance at Nationals in 1999, I think this very skate contributed to keeping her off the World team. They gave her one Nationals pass, and weren’t about to give another, even with her third-place GPF finish.

I vaguely remember FOX showing Cup of Russia highlights and she was splatting in this white dress too. If my memory is right, then she was alternating dresses the entire fall:

Sparkassen: blue & green
CoR: white
GPF: blue & green
Nationals: white
Euros: blue & green
Olympics/Worlds: red

...and this may be my most trivial post in 15 years on FSU. :shuffle:

Marco

Given the sloppy performances she gave with this program for the rest of the season, it's almost a miracle she pulled off what she did at Nagano. Even the silver medal winning skate at Worlds looked sloppy - but her skate at Nagano was the only time that season (that I saw) where it didn't appear like she was chasing her jumps and sacrificing everything else for them.

Nagano was the first time I saw skating ever and I fell in love with Kwan, Sokolova and Slutskaya there. If I had seen any other performance of Slutskaya that season first, my opinion might have changed. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information