IN: Natalia Mishkuitonok interview

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Should have wone in 94 with that difficult program instead of the boring Zueva did for G&G that year. It was packed with transitions.
I love her :)

nguyhm

I loved this pair. For me they were and still are today the best Pair. :encore:
I can't decide between 92 and 94 LP. They were both so different and MAJESTIC!
Each program holds a special place in my heart. Lieberstraum (92) was the reason I fell in love with (pair) figure skating, M&D were mesmerizing, beauty and romance at its best. Then came the heartache of them turning pro and Artur's own family and Natalia crying when finding out Artur's intentions to find another partner. I was so happy when they pulled together again for the 94 Olympics. I fell like it was Natalia's own redemption, to overcome her own obstacles in a way and she did, she did us very very proud. Rachmaninov (94) just took my breath away, even her short hair at the time was so fitting. I'd better stop :slinkaway

gk_891

She does indeed look great. Does anyone know how to actually pronounce her last name? Is it pronounced like how she transliterates it? A friend of mine who's from Belarus looked really surprised when he saw that name (when I asked him years ago how to pronounce it) as he said that's a very unusual name, even for Belarusian standards.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Natalia is my pairs version of Angela Nikodinov.

In Love!

Wow, I just went and reviewed this thread... and it was me who started it... Didnt even know or remember doing it. But noticed I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary posting here (although I was spying for years).

Sigh. I just love Natalia... She during the Tonya/Nancy/Kristi years is really what was drawing me back to figure skating. I was mesmerized by Natalia.

BTW where is the search tool in the forum. like how did you go back and find where this thread is? I can never figure this out....

Sylvia

TBD
BTW where is the search tool in the forum.
This thread in the Board Business forum says the search feature is for paid subscribers: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/search-box.95311/

One month after the Skate Houston club comp. in Sept. 2016, young Natasha Mishkutionok competed at SW Regionals and was 3rd in her Juvenile Girls qualifying group C and 8th in the Final round (top 4 advanced to Midwestern Sectionals). She attempted 2A but fell on it in both her qualifying round skate and in the final (where it got called <). Natasha turned 11 earlier this year and should be competing at the Intermediate level this season.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

I love her! And I loved her with Artur so much! Their Rach must be one of the programs I have re-watched the most, it has everything, and I measure every other Rach by their standard, but none come close. Their passion, Artur's passion and Natalia's more distant coolness and power, but at the same time soft. All the details and originality, the change of pace and mood through the program, the timing, and the difficulty... It's great to see Natalia happy in her past-skating life. Her daughter is really talented.

Limonite

I'm happy to see new comments on this thread. I love Mishkutenok & Dmitriev and I don't get tired of watching their programs on youtube. I recently found her on FB and sent her a question: being Liebestraum one of my favorite programs ever, I wanted to know if she kept the beautiful pink unitard/dress she wore. To my surprise, she answered me just a few hours later; that iconic piece of clothing is now in a Russian figure skating museum.

arakwafan2006

Liebestraum was perfection on ice. It is in my view the most beautiful skating programme of all time (in any discipline). From the costumes to the tiniest of movements - it was mesmerizingly beautiful.

Having said that, Their 1994 Rachmaninov is still my favourite.

I couldn't agree more on both fronts. They were flat out robbed in 1994 but it was G&G so, who cares?

Those programs were out of this world. Papadakis and Cizeron are the closest i've seen that make me feel like i'm watching something more beautiful than words can really express. Liebestraum was genius that surpasses what we will ever see in a pair again. Rachmaninov was so damn powerful, bold, creative and awesome!

One thing i love about Moskvina is her discernment. Artur's raw strength was leveraged and he was not really asked to soften up too much. Of course, he had formal dance training but it was his raw power and strength that really made Natalia even more glorious. I often wish that Bruno Massot would take a cue from Artur. Bruno is skating with one of the best pairs girls of all time and he's holding his own but the very things people criticize about him are the strengths that make the team even stronger.

Still, your comment is the best.

nguyhm

^^^^ Lets all get together and take a trip to Texas and meet her (or as I like to call it bumrush her)

I would like at LEAST ONE HOUR SESSION on the ice with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in Texas and I think the rink where she's coaching is not far from me (I live in Dallas and the last I heard she is coaching in Grapevine - about 25-30 miles away - I actually work not far from Grapevine). If you can find out exactly which ice ring she's working at I'd be glad to be the local hostess ;) when you decide to make a trip.
My son said before he had the baby that if it was a girl then she'd take lessons from Natalia when she's old enough. Well I have 7 month old granddaughter now and I will hold him to his words ;), problem is they live in Houston so she will have to move in with me.

gk_891

They were. G&G were not on top of their game

Some would say differently. G&G had very quiet edging and stroking whereas M&D were much rougher. G&G had 3 lifts whereas M&D did 2 and all 3 of G&G's lifts were more difficult and Sergei's footing was far better during the lifts than Artur's. G&G also did 2 death spirals to M&D's one. G&G lost unison during their SBS pairs spin but they did a more difficult SBS pairs spin than the one M&D did (M&D only showed one change of position). In terms of throws, M&D may have done more difficult throws but G&G's throws were much bigger and they demonstrated much better flow going in and out of them. G&G's entries into the throws were also more difficult in terms of where the man's hands are placed on the woman before launching her into the air. G&G did have 2 minor errors but Artur also had a trip during the straight line footwork sequence.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Oh, please. They were absolutely not "flat out robbed" in 1994.

Don't start Max, just don't start. LOLLLL

G&G had VERYYY easy jumps.

A more simpler program.

Classical? Yes. But simple.

M&D had umph and more gas and more wow. But this topic has been discussed to death. Ill just leave it there. Now back to gushing over Natalia.

arakwafan2006

Some would say differently. G&G had very quiet edging and stroking whereas M&D were much rougher. G&G had 3 lifts whereas M&D did 2 and all 3 of G&G's lifts were more difficult and Sergei's footing was far better during the lifts than Artur's. G&G also did 2 death spirals to M&D's one. G&G lost unison during their SBS pairs spin but they did a more difficult SBS pairs spin than the one M&D did (M&D only showed one change of position). In terms of throws, M&D may have done more difficult throws but G&G's throws were much bigger and they demonstrated much better flow going in and out of them. G&G's entries into the throws were also more difficult in terms of where the man's hands are placed on the woman before launching her into the air. G&G did have 2 minor errors but Artur also had a trip during the straight line footwork sequence.

Reputation won them that gold in Lillehammer

gk_891

Reputation won them that gold in Lillehammer

What about everything else that I mentioned? Are the judges to completely disregard all of that? Not to mention that G&G had a far superior split triple twist and their speed across the ice was much more effortless than M&D's. With M&D, you can both see and hear the effort going into their speed.

That being said, I prefer to watch M&D as I found them to be much more interesting performers.

Limonite

I wish there was a pic of Natalia and Alexei Urmanov together from the time they were a couple; Natalia clapping and smiling during the video of his short program at the 1992 Olympics is so cute. Also, I don't think they were done by the 1994 Olympics because there's footage of the two arriving together the night of the men's finals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information