Ice dance dreams in Florida: How I started figure skating in my fifties

Sylvia

TBD
Ice dance dreams in Florida: How I started figure skating in my fifties by Michele Kelley:
Excerpt:
Tima [KAZ ice dancer Temirlan Yerzhanov] skates beautifully; anyone can see that. I can also tell you that he has the patience of an angel. There is no way I could repeat the same instructions over and over again and not get frustrated, but somehow he does it.
Not that there is anything on the line but my own personal fulfillment; Tima understands the fine line between pushing my limits and having fun. I like to joke that, yes, I can bend my knees more; I just can’t come back up. And I long ago decided that jumps weren't for me.
Still, I have managed to learn, test for and pass the first seven pattern dances, and I’m now working on the eighth, Willow Waltz. I feel ready to test it at the next session. The following dance, Ten-Fox, is giving me some trouble, but passing it will give me my Bronze Dance level.
Link to a related article (Weatherby/Yerzhanov & coach Platov) in the Palm Beach Post is posted here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...askerade-2020-2021.107408/page-4#post-5906812

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information