Here Are Your 2018 Grammy Nominees

PeterG

Ratings
http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/here-are-your-2018-grammy-nominees.html

Three rap artists up for album of the year.

Song of the year nominees are a real disappointment to me. But I do like “1-800-273-8255” by Logic with Alessia Cara and Khalid.

For record of the year, I'd like to see Redbone by Childish Gambino win. But I'll be okay if 24K Magic wins.

For best new artist, I hope Alessia Cara wins over Julia Michaels. I find Michaels' music to be whiny and annoying. "Issues" is awful in my opinion.

Best pop vocal performance has an amazing group of people to pick from...just PLEASE don't let Ed Sheeran and his uber-annoying song win. :mad:

How about Leonard Cohen up for best rock performance? DEVIL FINGERS IN THE AIR AS WE ROCK OUT TO COHEN!!!!!!!!!

For best country solo performance, please let anyone win other than Sam Hunt and his annoying, "Body Like A Back Road". Like with Sheeran's "The Shape of You"...I never, ever, ever need to hear either of these songs again.

Same thing with best country song. My pick would be Better Man (Little Big Town, written by Taylor Swift). I also think that Drinkin' Problem by Midland is a really strong song...such a beautiful melody and wondrously sung.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Ratings
What a disappointing list. The only one of interest to me is Lorde. But the rest are just :blah:. And I will say it because I think it is going to be controversial, but where are the female artists?

All I can say is if that is the best that the Grammys can do, Australian music sh*ts all over that lot. Go Aussie music!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)