Hanyu vs Chen PCS

LarrySK8

I was surprised by Nathan's high PCS, but given that it was a better program than Hanyu's in many respects, it was reasonable to lift them to be in first place where he belonged.

Shades of the ordinal system in play.

DreamSkates

I disagree with your expression about “empty”. If you know skating, basic turns and all, you know that Yuzuru’s programs have many skating transitions. It is fine you do not like the program, but his skating transitions are there to count.
I see the point - maybe, for me, not so much empty as lacking the usual fire, given his injuries.
But I love when he comes out for an introduction, and looks up at the fans with this "I am here to win or die trying" look in his eyes. And then does what you think he might not have been able to do after having yet another ankle injury.

DreamSkates

Again, just a description of how skating programs under Raf should look like.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Which means that no one person, or group of same, can say with surety what programs "under" a coach "should look like." Personally, I enjoy what I enjoy, and leave the rest up to the judges.
But must be honest I so enjoyed both of Nathan's programs and so happy he won the gold by more than a few points.

MAXSwagg

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Which means that no one person, or group of same, can say with surety what programs "under" a coach "should look like." Personally, I enjoy what I enjoy, and leave the rest up to the judges.
But must be honest I so enjoyed both of Nathan's programs and so happy he won the gold by more than a few points.

That is fine. But there are regulations and guidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information