Halifax To Host 50th Skate Canada

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
So, the tickets are being sold through the Skate Canada website, rather than Ticketmaster this year?

Colonel Green

NEWS!
The schedule for the competition has apparently changed - it will begin on Friday evening, go through Saturday, and conclude on Sunday afternoon according to the information I've just received from my tour group. It appears that they are attempting to encourage more local attendance by having the competition in non-working hours.
Hey, someone finally read my repeated suggestions on this forum!

SkateJoy

So, the tickets are being sold through the Skate Canada website, rather than Ticketmaster this year?
I’m not seeing the ticket buying link on the Skate Canada site yet. Is there a special link? I subscribed to the mailing list but haven’t received anything yet

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
I’m not seeing the ticket buying link on the Skate Canada site yet. Is there a special link? I subscribed to the mailing list but haven’t received anything yet

Yeah, same here! I’m a little confused on the process.

Sally1214

Yes, same for me too. I received the pre-sale code but just the link for the Skate Canada site. That site has the seating plan but I don't see an actual link posted yet to buy tickets. Maybe it won't show up until 3pm ET?? Kind of weird.

SkateJoy

I think the seating chart is new today, so that gives some hope. I’m concerned about the federation selling their own tickets though. I’m no fan of ticketmaster, but Skate Canada isn’t known for their….. competence

Sally1214

Is anyone trying to buy tickets and getting the message the promo code is not valid or am is it just me?

SkateJoy

I got mine too, but I lost front row tickets as it wasn’t possible to check out on a laptop. Only my phone could complete the purchase. Hope they iron out the bugs quickly.

Sally1214

Got them too. WHY does every single ticket purchase seem to have me in such a state of PANIC?? It seems that, no matter how many times I tell Ticketmaster to keep me signed in, I'm NEVER signed in and they NEVER have the credit card details I entered last time. Grrr .... DEEP BREATHS .... more deep breaths. I DO have the tickets and they are good seats. Maybe a glass of wine would help??

skategal

Bunny mama
I got mine too, but I lost front row tickets as it wasn’t possible to check out on a laptop. Only my phone could complete the purchase. Hope they iron out the bugs quickly.
That’s hilarious considering I was having all kinds of trouble on my phone and was wishing I had my laptop (I’m currently away from home.)

I did get my tickets though. Finally.

Yippee!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I have the presale code. I’d go to buy them and it kept kicking me out wanting me to sign in over and over. Finally got it to work!

skategal

Bunny mama
Anyone know where the judges will be?

I bought seats where I like to sit for ice shows but now thinking I might be near the judges. lol.

marigold

Oh my gosh, there is a seat sale and I'm tempted to go. I haven't been paying attention. Which hotel(s) is convenient to the arena or transit?

skategal

Bunny mama
Oh my gosh, there is a seat sale and I'm tempted to go. I haven't been paying attention. Which hotel(s) is convenient to the arena or transit?
Most of the hotels in the downtown core of Halifax are within a 5-10 minute walk.

The closest ones are (connected by pedway) are:

Prince George
Barrington Hotel
Halifax Hotel
Marriott Waterfront

There is also a Hampton Inn and Marriott Residence Inn that are close by.

Four Points Sheraton and Marriott Courtyard are about a 7 minute walk.

Westin is further away 15 minute walk and I don’t recommend that hotel. I’m shocked it’s still a Westin.

Hotels on Spring Garden Road are about a 15-20 minute walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information