Grand Prix De France 2023 -Pairs SP “Looking for splats in Angers, I hear you say”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
East of Eden is glorious to my ears at the end of this day. And I'm sure it will make them look like artistes, just like it almost did for Rachael Flatt.

That split landing on the Salchow was very in the style of Butyrskaya. She landed that jump many times in the same way.

tony

Actually, I do think this program is beautifully choreographed even if the music kinda lends itself to the same choreography pattern every time we see it. The steps were really well done.

But, if the jumps aren't there...

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
KamOShea demonstrate that Finlandia was the outlier... I'd like to say I'm shocked, but I'm not.

I'm just waiting for McBeath/Parkman and Efimova/Mitrofanov to become eligible for international competitions. And to see how Chan/Howe look whenever they come back.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
So, who in this group is going to swap groups with Kam & O'Shea for the Free Skate? Plazas & Fernandez seem like the safe bet.

Sally1214

Not a great skate for Ellie and Danny today but I absolutely loved her dress. And, with his matching green top, it just all looked so Irish. And, speaking as a redhead with deep Irish roots, I mean that in the very best way possible. Only thing that could have made it better would be if it had been St. Patrick's Day.

Sally1214

Oh, I just have to say it .... I'm really missing Miura/Kihara this season. Are they out for the entire season or just for the Grand Prix circuit??

tony

Didn't notice before but her dress top is channeling Slutskaya's Culture dress.

Typical comment from me that she's a star and his career turnaround is pretty remarkable. The usual for these days, the split lift variation is clunky as hell, and their SBS spins are a mile apart.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
good for p/m who could have just barely done anything and still taken the lead tbh he still fist pumped in the death spiral like his life depended on it

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
My gosh. That was so good, it was like it wasn't even pairs. It was like some whole new discipline. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information