Got money? Want a new house with a view?

Japanfan

Building such a tiny home in such a vast space seems kind of ridiculous to me, especially at $2.9 million.

I understand the design concept -"to preserve as much of the land that you can, and then to build within that natural footprint". But in that case it might be best to not build anything on it at all. Building a home takes space!

Last edited:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I would love that view, and hiking in that area, but wouldn't pay anything close to that amount for a home smaller than the one I'm currently in (a quite small condo)

madm

I visited my daughter in Calgary in October and drove on backroads west to Banff. IMO there are views like this everywhere in southern Alberta. I don't see what's so special about this location. You can see the gorgeous mountains all up and down the eastern flank of the Canadian Rockies. And you are close to national parks. The cost of this tiny home is ridiculous.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Well, as for me. I'd never make it to the bedroom underneath the trapdoor in the kitchen because I can't go up or down the stairway. I also wouldn't have enough room to move around with my walker much less the wheelchair; the kitchen is too small for me to even move around in. Then there's that living room area. I'd be scared to death that I might lose my balance while using the walker and fall into a window or either fall through the window! I'd also never make it into the bathroom!

The other problem would be getting inside the tiny house. It's nice and all for an able-bodied person, but it certainly wasn't made for someone with disabilities.

I could build a huge home or mansion with 2.9 million dollars where I live and have plenty left over. I'd have it made where I could go all over the place with the power chair, and also have one of those fancy Acorn stairlifts for the upstairs. I'd also have 2 huge bathrooms with extra wide doorways for my walker and those walk-in bathtubs.

Now that's what I'd do with 2.9 million dollars. Forget tiny home with windows all over the place!

Anita18

It depends!
$2.9 million...Canadian, I hope? -checks conversion- Actually, that doesn't make it a whole lot better...

This person who works in SF govt on housing thinks that's ridiculous. And that's saying a lot. :rofl:

Also, just being a Californian...I would be so afraid of wildfires, being surrounded by forest and right up against brush! A friend of mine in LA has been renovating her house with her husband and some friends all year, and she was under mandatory evac TWICE in the last 3 months because of wildfires. I couldn't do it!

Vagabond

$2.9 million Canadian? What a steal!

Who Wants to Buy the Most Expensive House in America?

One man is building a house so enormous, and so absurdly lavish, that it may be the ultimate symbol of our age of thirst, excess and inequality. Asking price? $500 million.

The largest bedroom is a 5,500-square-foot master suite. It will have its own office, pool and kitchen

:eek:

Which reminds me. I need to give some items to the local food bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information