Gold on Gold: Lajoie & Lagha Cheer thread!

Aaron MB Fan

Agreed! I was disappointed and worried for them this season with only 2 spots at Worlds but they didn’t let that demotivate them or get in the way and came out full force. Definitely in contention for a Worlds spot. Can’t wait to see the Dance battle for Worlds spots live at Nationals!

firstflight

As recently as last season, I would spite-watch their programs, mostly out of annoyance they kept that Rio FD. I’ve completely changed my mind about them with their programs this season. Cha Cha Slide just works for who they are. I can’t picture the “criss cross” fitting another team as well, for example. And I agree with others: I love the choreography for the FD. While other similar style FD’s this season seem to never end, this one left me wishing it could keep going.

Colonel Green

They had to wait a while for their senior medal (especially since they would have won bronze at their second ever senior event if Finlandia that year had hadn't a particularly strict panel on character step proximity to the boards), but two gold in a couple of weeks. They're set up well for their Grand Prix events now.

I like both the new programs, though in a lot of ways I think their 2018/19 set has yet to be surpassed; they had two of my very favourite programs of the year, including one of the only tangos I didn't get exhausted with.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Cheers for a great start on the Grand Prix with a bronze at Skate Canada for Majorie & Zachary. :cheer2:

I thought they skated the Free Dance beautifully here and perhaps if the scoring was tougher than at the Challenger's it means they've improved as they only lost a point off their score at Budapest Trophy.

Looking forward to seeing how they do at their next GP!

princeton123

These two have improved so much since I last saw them. I feel like what separates them from the rest of the young field is their hunger. You can almost feel how much they want it. That translates into real fearlessness on the ice - you can just tell they’re attacking everything at 120% with no tentativeness.

They need to fix Zach’s makeup situation though. He was looking extremely strange and doll-like today.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I feel like what separates them from the rest of the young field is their hunger. You can almost feel how much they want it. That translates into real fearlessness on the ice - you can just tell they’re attacking everything at 120% with no tentativeness.
I think you've nailed why I find them so engaging! It is just amazing to watch them skate with such commitment.

VGThuy

These two have improved so much since I last saw them. I feel like what separates them from the rest of the young field is their hunger. You can almost feel how much they want it. That translates into real fearlessness on the ice - you can just tell they’re attacking everything at 120% with no tentativeness.

They need to fix Zach’s makeup situation though. He was looking extremely strange and doll-like today.

I think you've nailed why I find them so engaging! It is just amazing to watch them skate with such commitment.
I think this is what has attracted to me to them too. You can feel how much they want it and it translates out there on the ice. They’re very engaged.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I love this interview that @clairecloutier did with Marjorie and Zach!

They sound really in tune with each other.

This part cracked me up:

Lajoie: For the short [rhythm dance], we struggled. We always struggle to choose our music, because it’s always a big decision. You keep the music for a year. And–

Lagha: –And I’m difficult. [Lajoie laughs.]

Lajoie: But that’s good. It’s good to be picky and to make sure it’s a good decision. For the short, Marie [-France Dubreuil] came with the idea [“Cha Cha Slide”]. And I think Zak and Romain [Hagenauer] were like, Hmm, we’re not sure.

Lagha: I didn’t like it.

Lajoie: I loved it! I was really happy. But he and Romain were like, ehhh. So we kept looking.

Zach says he wants to do Michael Jackson for next seasons RD. Please god no. :yikes: :lol: Luckily he says he doesn't think Romain will go for it.

yurokis40

The next big thing in canadian ice dance medal for them at worlds as early as next year in there hometown.

Sylvia

TBD
Cross-posting here from the Canadian Ice Dance news thread... here's Beverley Smith's article on Marjorie and Zach after they won the silver at Skate America (Oct. 23):

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
They were wonderful at COC. Loved their reaction in K&C for their scores. They are rising evermore and I am here for it. I really like their RD and FD this season, they are on point! By the time Olympics roll around, I think they will be Canada #1, I am just not sure that G/P and F-B/S will still be competing until 2026 but I could be wrong.

Cachoo

There is a speed and solidity than I don’t see with any other team these days. I was very impressed with them.
Is this the team B. Agosto was talking about as future world champions at Skate America?

Colonel Green

Is this the team B. Agosto was talking about as future world champions at Skate America?
Yes.

As I said over in the Canadian dance thread, I think a realistic aim for the team this season is to push up to Canada #2, which would involve defending their silver medal at nationals and their 4CC bronze. It's hard to know yet whether their Cup of China scores are an outlier in the short term, but if they aren't, passing Fournier Beaudry & Sorensen is doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information