Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I got my order on Tuesday. After 24 hours in box quarantine, I opened it to find I didn't get either of the requested samples. They sent some DryBar stuff that went right into the trash. And I didn't get the concealer sampler. Concealer samplers LIVE in my purse for emergencies. How dare they?

skategal

Bunny mama
I got my order on Tuesday. After 24 hours in box quarantine, I opened it to find I didn't get either of the requested samples. They sent some DryBar stuff that went right into the trash. And I didn't get the concealer sampler. Concealer samplers LIVE in my purse for emergencies. How dare they?

My sympathies. I hate when they substitute samples. Ugh.

myhoneyhoney

I bought a Foreo Mini Luna 2 to replace my old Clarisonic Mia 2. I used it for the first time tonight and like it. Of course only time will tell. I do like not needing to buy and throw out brushes every few months.

skategal

Bunny mama
For those of you who are like me and have difficulty getting your eyeliner to be on the very edge of your eyelid, Revlon has started making a really nice micro eyeliner.

It is a mechanical pencil with a smudger on the other end. I bought it in dark brown.
I also saw that they had it in black.

The tip is super tiny and I can actually get in there on the edge of my eyelid with it.

Yippee! :cheer2:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So is it my imagination or does the Beauty industry decide periodically that they need more money so they invent new things for us to worry about? I ask this because suddenly there are all these articles about shaving your face and new supplies you need to get (including a special razor) when before women were told it was a bad idea to shave our faces.

clairecloutier

Does anyone have recommendations for a good retractable gel eyeliner?

I was using a no-tug gel eyeliner from IT Cosmetics, which was great, but now the company has apparently been bought and they’ve changed the product a lot, and it now sucks (no longer retractable, product is all used up after a week and a half). 😒

fan

I was using a no-tug gel eyeliner from IT Cosmetics, which was great, but now the company has apparently been bought and they’ve changed the product a lot, and it now sucks (no longer retractable, product is all used up after a week and a half). 😒
Stila. The best I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried all of them. Still doesn’t stay for me on the waterline, but great on the upper lid

Stefanie

I was wondering if something was going on with this company...you no longer see that Jamie Kern Lima advertising for it...or at least I haven't.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
You guys, I have a lipstick obsession and way too many lipsticks and now I have to wear a mask everywhere :wuzrobbed

I still picked up some Viva Glam yesterday, though. :rolleyes:

skategal

Bunny mama
If anyone needs to stock up on IT Cosmetics CC cream, QVC has a deal on two tubes for $70: https://www.qvc.com/IT-Cosmetics-Su...Cream-SPF-50.product.A383433.html?sc=PRODFEED.
I wish I knew what shade I was as I have never tried it before!

Sephora website/app has a Foundation Shade match feature that will tell you which shade to buy.

Just click on IT cosmetics CC cream as
if you are going to buy it and it should be right next to the shades.

You just have to enter what shade of foundation you wear now or have used in the past (as long as it’s sold at Sephora) and it will recommend a shade of the IT Cosmetics CC cream for you.

Stefanie

Sephora website/app has a Foundation Shade match feature that will tell you which shade to buy.

Just click on IT cosmetics CC cream as
if you are going to buy it and it should be right next to the shades.

You just have to enter what shade of foundation you wear now or have used in the past (as long as it’s sold at Sephora) and it will recommend a shade of the IT Cosmetics CC cream for you.
Wow, thanks for the tip! :)

quartz

scratching at the light
Turning 58 in 4 days - I’ve decided its time to start using a proper eye cream. Suggestions? I prefer unscented and have sensitive skin. And not too much $$$.

attyfan

I've been using The Inkey List's 5% caffeine eye cream for undereye puffiness -- roughly $10.00. It works, and also does a good job on the skin. The Ordinary makes a serum for under 7.00, which I am planning to try.

clairecloutier

I've been using RoC Retinol Correction eye cream for years ($18-25 depending where you buy it). It seems as effective than anything else I've tried, and it often gets high ratings in "Best Products" articles in magazines, for whatever that's worth.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I've tried many, including the top (ie expensive) brands, and somehow I always end up back at Clinique. Not exactly cheap, but not crazy expensive either, and the quality is high enough that a little goes a long way. They have several choices in the eye care range depending on your specific issues, and usually in both day and overnight strengths.

quartz

scratching at the light
No puffiness, a few lines, mostly crepey-ness, so I guess what I need is something that firms up the skin a bit? Is that a thing?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I just received the mailer.
Rouge starts October 30th
VIB starts November 3rd
Insider starts November 5th
The sale ends November 9th
The code is HOLIDAYFUN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information