Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Thanks to twice daily does of oral chemo, my hair is thinning rapidly. I'm not ready to go for a full wig yet, because summer, so I got some 23" lilac extensions. I need to work with them a bit, but I love them already. I want to put them in a pony tail and flip my hair at people. :p

Peaches LaTour

Thanks to twice daily does of oral chemo, my hair is thinning rapidly. I'm not ready to go for a full wig yet, because summer, so I got some 23" lilac extensions. I need to work with them a bit, but I love them already. I want to put them in a pony tail and flip my hair at people. :p

Wishing you all the good luck in the world on your journey to wellness. Love, too.

oleada

I need some drug store recommendations. I'm still not working after our move so I feel guilty spending too much $$$ on make up at the moment.

• Daily moisturizer: I use Clinique Moisture Surge, but I'm going to run out soon.
  • CC Cream: Not using one currently, but interested in one. Since I'm not working, I'm interested in lightening up my routine....

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
For summertime moisturizer, I’m using Neutrogena Healthy Defense with SPF. It’s a bit thicker than ideal, but I like the idea of not worrying about an unintended burn

floridaice

@oleada I've been using it! CC cream for a couple of years and I absolutely love it. It's not drug store -- $39 at Ulta, but a tube lasts me at least 6 months if not more. Its 50 SPF, so that helps with expense.

Anemone

Another Neutrogena user here - I usually use the regular moisturizer with SPF 30 for daily use.
I use the hydro-boost gel cream as my night moisturizer.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
Simple's Skin Quench moisturiser from their Water Boost range is a very similar texture as Moisture Surge, feels halfway between a cream & a gel, and oil free. Also less than half the price!

honey

I’m pretty much ride or die all things Bioderma when it comes to drugstore skin care. It’s still on the higher end price wise for things sold in the drugstore, but they do tend to go on sale pretty often.

I like their hydrabio creme (thought finding it heavy in the summer for day time use, so switched to their sensibio anti redness moisturizer).

I’ve gone back and forth between drug store brands and higher end brands and always find that I end up going back to higher end brands because I use so much less it seems like better value and I don’t feel like it’s actually that much more expensive. Lately I’ve been using a lot of skincare from The Ordinary. It’s cheap and works so well if you can figure out what’s best for your skin. I’ve been using hyaluronic acid from them to help moisturize and it’s amazing and like $7 for a bottle that will last me months because a drop or two is enough.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I’ve gone back and forth between drug store brands and higher end brands and always find that I end up going back to higher end brands because I use so much less it seems like better value and I don’t feel like it’s actually that much more expensive. Lately I’ve been using a lot of skincare from The Ordinary. It’s cheap and works so well if you can figure out what’s best for your skin. I’ve been using hyaluronic acid from them to help moisturize and it’s amazing and like $7 for a bottle that will last me months because a drop or two is enough.

The Ordinary is amazing and so affordable. Much love for their hyaluronic acid, niacinamide serum, and granactive retinoid in emulsion. I did switch to a Japanese brand of hyaluronic acid that is affordable and on Amazon; it’s thicker like a serum vs. a runny acid.

Neutrogena hydrogel line is good, but I’d suggest CeraVe’s AM and PM moisturizers first. For AM moisturizer I prioritize fitness for sensitive skin and UV protection; AM moisturizer should be simple and gentle, IMO. I currently use Cetaphil’s Pro Oil Absorbing with SPF 30.

If you’re into the water-based moisturizers, bliss is sold at Target. They have a great gel moisturizer called “Drench & Quench”. Would also recommend the “That’s Incredi-peel” glycolic acid resurfacing pads.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

I also use quite a few products from Deciem’s The Ordinary and Hylamide lines. The affordability and ease of ordering makes them appealing. I’ve mentioned a few of their products here before, but one of my newer discoveries is their Hylamide Low-Molecular HA. It’s hyaluronic acid in a thick gel formula. It feels good when you put it on at night—cool and soothing. And inexpensive at $14.

For moisturizers, I use The Ordinary’s Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA followed by Neutrogena Healthy Defense with SPF 50. The combination seems to work fine. The Ordinary moisturizer isn’t my favorite consistency—it’s a little spongy—but it’s really affordable and seems to work well enough, my skin feels hydrated and not dry. For nighttime moisturizer, lately I’ve been using L’Occitane Ultra Rich 25% Shea Butter Face Cream, which I had seen recommended for dry skin.

skategal

Bunny mama
I need some drug store recommendations. I'm still not working after our move so I feel guilty spending too much $$$ on make up at the moment.

• Daily moisturizer: I use Clinique Moisture Surge, but I'm going to run out soon.
  • CC Cream: Not using one currently, but interested in one. Since I'm not working, I'm interested in lightening up my routine....

This recommendation is not quite a CC/BB cream but it behaves like one.

I have been enjoying the Revlon Photoready CANDID natural finish anti-pollution foundation.

It comes in a tube like a CC/BB cream but it would have a bit more coverage to it (medium coverage with one pump but could build it to full coverage with two pumps.)

Also, you could sheer it out with moisturizer, liquid luminizer (for a glowy look) or another CC cream if it is too heavy for you. I have done this as well and it always works great.

The finish of the product alone is very nice. Not too matte, not glowy. Looks like skin.

I think it works best for normal/combination skin or even skin that tends towards oily rather than dry.

I have normal - dry skin in winter and normal - combo skin in summer so I am doing well with it now but know I will need to mix it with a more moisturizing CC cream when the cold weather is here.

It comes in a lot of shades but I did find it tricky to get the right match for me so I originally bought two shades and mixed them together. If you can go somewhere that has testers, it would help with shade selection for sure.

After using it for awhile, I liked it so much that I went back and bought a third shade for when I am tan. :D

The price is excellent.

I got mine at Walmart (Canada) for only $8.99 a tube so I'm sure in the USA it will also sell for a good price.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I will be hunting a new mascara soon. Essence is lovely, but their mascaras (and Catrice) make my eyelashes fall out...

Plus I may be starting a new job soon where I will be more than allowed to do my makeup as crazy as I want :D

Peaches LaTour

I used a sheet mask for the first time tonight. My dog growled at me :lol:

Haha! I use alot of different sheet masks and like them but there are not financially feasible so I look for the ones that are in a jar or some kind of a packet where I can get more than one use out of them.

I would like to use some made in South Korea but cannot find any that are cruelty-free.

skategal

Bunny mama
I will be hunting a new mascara soon. Essence is lovely, but their mascaras (and Catrice) make my eyelashes fall out...

Plus I may be starting a new job soon where I will be more than allowed to do my makeup as crazy as I want :D

CoverGirl Exhibitionist Mascara is getting great reviews.

I tried the waterproof version and loved it.

I will definitely buy it again once I use up some of the other mascaras I have at home.

Megi

I alternate between COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (the oil free version). The latter one includes a 30 SPF and therefore is a little thicker.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Sale this week, 15% off for VIB. I bought some more Tan Luxe and some inexpensive eye pencils as well as the Kat Von D I Am Divine palette as I’m a sucker for any palette that’s not nude or pink.

skategal

Bunny mama
Sale this week, 15% off for VIB. I bought some more Tan Luxe and some inexpensive eye pencils as well as the Kat Von D I Am Divine palette as I’m a sucker for any palette that’s not nude or pink.

I bought the Milk Makeup Bronzer stick. It has been sold out since forever so I was glad to get it 15% off.

I also got a mini kit of skin care items from Youth to the People.

I wanted the Apricotine mini eyeshadow palette from Viseart but it sold out while I had it in my cart but before I could checkout. :mad:

So then I had to order it from another site and got it for 6 dollars cheaper. :D

Peaches LaTour

I would like to try The Ordinary products but can't find them at any retail stores. I never buy online.

skategal

Bunny mama
I’ve been using hyaluronic acid from them to help moisturize and it’s amazing and like $7 for a bottle that will last me months because a drop or two is enough.

I found a (Japanese brand) small bottle of hyaluronic acid in 7-11 when we were in Thailand for $8.00. It is awesome and lasting me forever because I only need a drop or two.

Who knew 7-11 was so good? lol!

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I past year I have been working on changing my career. I have been working as a librarian in a public library for 4.5 years and for many many reasons, I started to resent it.
I am happy to share I am starting a new job, and since my new employer is famous for making a high tech condom, I have decided I will be starring "Anna Nicole" liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star on my first day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information