Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
His video message was first shared yesterday via lululemon's IG account (Paul is their new Ambassador, which is cool!): https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrSbz7gp2f/
Bridging his personal life and career was a balancing act for @pauldpoirier (he/him), Olympic ice dancer and lululemon Ambassador.
Being his authentic self on and off the ice is how Paul shows up for the fight.
Piper and Paul are seeded for Skate Canada International (2nd GP that they should win) and France (5th GP).

puglover

I hope when they do retire that Piper stays in Canada or returns enough for them them to skate shows here. I would always go see them.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I just love how much more assertively sexy Paul has been since he came out. It’s kind of a shame that it was all hidden away before but wow on his more recent IG pics.

UMMMMMMMM have you seen the mega thirst trap he just posted on the insta???

mama miaaaaaaaaaa

Sylvia

TBD
Player's Own Voice podcast episode (Oct. 19, 2021): It's Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier's time to shine
It's Piper and Paul's turn in the sun now, and with the Beijing Winter Olympics approaching rapidly they don't have time to savour the spotlight. It's all about getting their programme honed to perfection.
Long standing fans of the duo will be thrilled to learn that their latest long performance is built around The Beatles song 'Day in the Life' — interpreted by the same remarkable busker team whose 'Starry Night' electrified crowds for Piper and Paul starting in 2018.
The ice dancers share secrets of an enduring partnership with podcast host Anastasia Bucsis.

firstflight

So there’s a YouTube account which has been posting high resolution videos from the stands for multiple Grand Prix events now. We get to see an audience member’s view of the programs.

The network cameras of course try to focus more on the front sides of the skaters. But this video of Piper and Paul’s RD today showed a lot more of their backsides:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=vFzeIUAtzWc

Well, hello, Paul!!

I don’t know if it was intentional in the costuming, but they’re clearly ok with the, uhm….crease.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

So there’s a YouTube account which has been posting high resolution videos from the stands for multiple Grand Prix events now. We get to see an audience member’s view of the programs.

The network cameras of course try to focus more on the front sides of the skaters. But this video of Piper and Paul’s RD today showed a lot more of their backsides:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=vFzeIUAtzWc

Well, hello, Paul!!

I don’t know if it was intentional in the costuming, but they’re clearly ok with the, uhm….crease.

It’s so funny you mention this, about four hours ago I watched that video from today and they just posted it about 10 minutes before I watched it. Yes that is some good quality videos from a fan point of view

GLUTES for days!!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Paul Poirier article in the University of Toronto’s Student Newspaper (March 13, 2022):
He enjoyed his time at U of T and eventually graduated with a degree in linguistics. The trademark Poirier smile revealed itself when I asked about his decision to choose linguistics as a major. “I was strong at math and science, but I really liked my language classes,” Poirier said, with a spark in his eyes. Linguistics is about dissecting how languages work, he said, but with mathematics involved — the perfect marriage between his strengths and passions.
Poirier speaks four different languages — French and English fluently, Spanish and Japanese roughly.
The duo ended up placing seventh overall [at 2022 Olympics]. When asked about the implications of the mistake and the fact that he didn’t win a medal, Poirier mulled over his answer for a while. He had this duality to him, of two sides battling one another as he tried to reconcile with himself. On one hand, he’s an athlete that is — as he put it — the “meanest to himself,” critiquing every bit of his performance and constantly gunning for a medal.
“It’s really nice to have medals, but they don’t transform who you are as a person the way that living does,” he eventually said. “In the end, you have to make peace with what happens.”
When I asked whether he would be participating in the 2026 Milan Winter Olympics, Poirier stated that he was still undecided. One thing he is sure about for now, though, is that he has come to peace with the fact that he may never win an Olympic medal. “In [the hypothetical] world where I never have an Olympic medal — which is a possible world — does that make me any less of a person?” he asked me.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

puglover

Piper today "Said forever to my best friend 💍 06-21-22." https://www.instagram.com/p/CfMs1hzODhI/
:)
ETA that she captioned her IG story: "4 years and two days later"

Nathan Kelly's professional website:

Paul has been enjoying a vacation in Milan.
Really happy for Piper! Does that mean Canada gets to more or less keep her?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
First look at one of Piper's costumes:

Debrah

Wow, such a slim and trim, handsome, more mature look for Paul Poirier, a birdie from the arena says they were looking good in practice. Love the FD costumes and wowzer on Piper's RD outfit!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

First look at one of Piper's costumes:

Love the colors don’t know if I like that front part of the skirt. It looks very stiff as well

puglover

I like the Evita free dance but would love to know how it came across in the arena. It seemed L&L really created the moment today. Generally I love Piper and Paul but feel Paul's tendency to look past Piper hinders this program. JMO but I feel he needs to look at her or the theme is lost. Your thoughts.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information