German Skating News - Season 2021/2022

Quadjump

Dave Lease has talked about what Aljona is doing in the US these days. I did not really understand all the details and gossip and why Dave calls it kind of dirty.

It is starting at 1:01,00. Can somebody with more knowledge please explain the issue that is happening.

J

Jeschke

IG interview with Hocke/Kunkel for fed by P. Kühne

Most important parts (for me):
  • starting season at NHT
  • recap how they found together (trying to stay fit while partner injured / no partner) - I like how Robert described that (feeling of how to achieve same goals, etc)
  • getting together against all odds (Robert is speaking of 'negative mood' against them as new pair because of level difference; love Annika's face full of pity as he described situation)
  • what was the Cedric (whoever he is) message in the live chat? I need to know. All 3 were suddenly smirking so hard and Kunkel went red like a tomato :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  • Kunkel speaks of pressure made about olympic spots before worlds
  • Hocke: she wanted to be world class and knew she wouldn't be in singles and always dreamed of pairs.
  • speaking of new programs: done by cappellini/lanotte, praising organization and how it was done
  • program will be a crowd-pleaser to dance along :watch:
  • music was suggested by Kunkel (Annika said Robert had lots of great suggestions)
  • costumes: Annika has upper-hand here, first ideas by Annika
  • long-time goal: euros/worlds or olympic medal (Annika speaking: knowing this is high set, but determined)
  • love Roberts addition: 'another big goal is remaining the fun in what we're doing. it's our job right now and i love my job and would like to keep it that way for a long time. that skating makes us just that happy.'
  • getting hints from Aliona? R: yeah, easpecially last season (with choreo etc)
  • about practicing with Hase/Seegert: H: we are rivals on paper, but there is so much focus on own team, you don't focus much on the others; k: we're not exactly in one practice group, we have different coaches. we have more contact to ziegler/kiefer (as they arre part of schubert team)
  • about rival situation: k: I can't influence their skating, but mine; so focus is on us.
  • about idols: H: I don't have one special idol, but of course aliona is a skating legend, but there are many sport guys from other sports; K: praising aliona with BOTH partners and james/cipres ('but just only in sportive aspect'); is curious to see James with Radford
  • outside skating: H: studying, meeting friends; K: studying, all kind of sports, food, meeting friends
  • fights? H: no, not really. Rex (coach) would not let that happen;
  • about relationship: eye-to-eye relationship
  • motivation? K: skating making me happy,we have an awesome team, where we are looking forward to come to the rink everyday and work together. (pmaol about german approach he added: and in the end it's demanded in my employment contract to go to work everyday :rofl:)
  • started working on 3ATh last season
  • planned jump elements: 3s2t, 3t (upgrade from 2a)
  • worst habbit of the partner: H: It's not that bad, but Robert comes late sometimes, only 5minutes or so (he smirks a lot :p) and that robert values correct grammar highly (I love him :love: ); K: about Annika, opposite of me, every minute needs to calculated (explains coming to late: annika says to meet 10min early, he arrives 5min later to that so still 5min early to original time :rofl: )
  • explaing Bundeswehr seminars (army; they are getting paid by)
  • throw 3a and quads ae not rewarded in points, it's more about prestige

---

Most important part: I absolutely loved Kunkel. So well-spoken, clear head and so many good little thoughts and opinions. Absolutely great! Alone for that I will cheer damn hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Thanks @Jeschke for the highlights of the interview. I've started, but neither the host nor the format is my cup of tea.
Well I agree the interview could be done better; host seems kinda insecure and not really prepared and up to the task sometimes but I appreciate the effort of fed (finally).

text_skate

Well I agree the interview could be done better; host seems kinda insecure and not really prepared and up to the task sometimes but I appreciate the effort of fed (finally).
I completely forgot (within 5 minutes), it was on the DEU website. I agree: appreciation for the effort

Eislauffan

Aljona Savchenko has askede to be released for the USA and the German Federation has released her. Aljona wants to continue her career in the USA. As it has been known, she has been in Colorado for a while now and there were rumours about her.
The press release does not give any information with which partner she plans to continue. https://www.eislauf-union.de/media1...erin-aljona-savchenko-wechselt-zum-us-verband

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Sabine-Yuna

Aljona Savchenko has askede to be released for the USA and the German Federation has released her. Aljona wants to continue her career in the USA. As it has been known, she has been in Colorado for a while now and there were rumours about her.
The press release does not give any information with which partner she plans to continue. https://www.eislauf-union.de/media1...erin-aljona-savchenko-wechselt-zum-us-verband
It's supposedly TJ Nyman. Seems like a crazy step for her.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It's supposedly TJ Nyman. Seems like a crazy step for her.
People said the same about Massot. However, Massot had potential. I don't think that's the case with Nyman, but there could be a shake up among the other US pairs. Who knows? I just hope she has real plan and isn't being totally skating in her head.

Quadjump

People said the same about Massot. However, Massot had potential. I don't think that's the case with Nyman, but there could be a shake up among the other US pairs. Who knows? I just hope she has real plan and isn't being totally skating in her head.
Watching videos from Nyman from 2019. Honestly his potential is there. His skating skills are very good and the jumper are easily done. Of cause he is not as strong as Bruno. But noone is.

Sera

What about the skating school Aljona founded with Niko Ulanovsky? Already over before it even really started?

text_skate

This whole Aliona thing doesn't make sense. It's not easy to obtain US citizenship. I guess she's doing it for another Olys, but Beijing is too soon.

I'm kinda disappointed.

And I don't understand, why the German Fed has released her.

sandra_persch

Looks like the German Fed has setup a crowd funding page to collect enough money for new Team outfits for the new season.
Apparently with the whole situation in the past season they dont have the cash to pay for the part not donated by the sponsor.

care bear

I understand Aljona very well. What are her prospectes in Germany? Nobody needs here figure skating at all. She can coach and can be Bundestrainer if Mr. König retires in 20 years. The will be no shows or someting like this. There are already TV commentatores. In the States there is a big market for her as a sportsman and as a coach. And with green card you can do everything. :) Her husband is not German, so it would be easier for him. After 7 months of striсt lockdown in Germany I was ready to emigrate.I think Aljona had exactly the same desire.

J

Jeschke

GP announcement:

One for Schott, Fentz, M/D and JvR/S.
Two for both pair teams.

Happy to see both dance team getting one assignment; gives a great opportunity fpr JvR/S to show themselves.
One for Schott, I wished for 2, but I'll take it.
Fentz. Lucky bastard :p

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
GP announcement:

One for Schott, Fentz, M/D and JvR/S.
Two for both pair teams.

Happy to see both dance team getting one assignment; gives a great opportunity fpr JvR/S to show themselves.
One for Schott, I wished for 2, but I'll take it.
Fentz. Lucky bastard :p
I think it's great that both of your pairs teams got 2 assignments! Hopefully makes up a bit for the fact that they both can't go to the Olympics.

J

Jeschke

Some photos of Efimova/Blommaert by N.Majorov

J

Jeschke

Looks like the German Fed has setup a crowd funding page to collect enough money for new Team outfits for the new season.
The crowdfunding seemed pretty stuck the last days (I don't comment the fact fed advertised with press photos of Szewczenko & Co 🆘)
Nice to see (and read) Katarina Witt took it in her own hands and donated the big amount which was missing in the end.
So new team outfits are assured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information