German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Does anybody know why the PCoSpin didn't got any points?
There was a pretty high score on it until the review.
I'm not that knowledge of the rules. Thank you.
It was mentioned in the competition thread that Robert has put his 2nd foot down 🤷‍♂️

sandra_persch

Yes indeed, but it was really hard to watch the others, getting 24.>> Pts. PCS
after a relatively small technical content.

Lets hope they can improve on her PCS for next season!!!
NRW seems to be doing a lot of skater development in terms of trainings camps right now and having loads of novices pushing onto the national team for next season the competition can only help them all.

J

Jeschke

Yes indeed, but it was really hard to watch the others who got 24.>> Pts. PCS
with lower technical content on their side.
Well, Suleymanova's (and others around her) PCS very pretty much appropriate imho.

Sunny231

Solid FS from Gurdzhi without any mayor mistakes. He ended up on 20th place. I very much dislike that he wasn't even risking a 4th different triple jump. Having just 3Lo, 3S and 3T is simply not competitive in this field, sorry! It was clear that with this jumping layout he wouldn't be able to hold onto his pretty good placement after the SP. Hopefully he starts to work on the 3F and 3Lz next season because otherwise there is no potential for improvement.

Quadjump

Oh man, if the pair spin at the end of H/K's FS had counted and would have gotten level 4, they would have made 3rd place :(. Anyway 4th place is a great achievement!
Thought the same. The bronze medal would have been spectacular! Such a shame. H/K are on their way...

The level of competition was quite low by the way.

J

Jeschke

Solid FS from Gurdzhi without any mayor mistakes. He ended up on 20th place. I very much dislike that he wasn't even risking a 4th different triple jump. Having just 3Lo, 3S and 3T is simply not competitive in this field, sorry! It was clear that with this jumping layout he wouldn't be able to hold onto his pretty good placement after the SP. Hopefully he starts to work on the 3F and 3Lz next season because otherwise there is no potential for improvement.
Based on the report of DEU he has/had some foot injury which did not allow proper training for 3lz and 3f.
So maybe they just went 'safe' all season long to not risk any more harm.
It was pretty obvious (even for him judging by the quote) that he needs to ante up his jump arsenal.
Axel technique is keeping me kinda hopeless for a triple though :(

I am kinda :rolleyes: at 'Thank you DEU talk' after SP and FS; either way boy is just a very polite and gentle kid or message by fed at junior nationals worked (which I still do not approve)

Last edited by a moderator:

cs.berlin

Some gossip ... Alyona congratulates (via IG) her friend Annika and means, that they deserve something else, but never mind: work, work, work (by the way, she has made the latter clear several times to H/S behind closed hands, that the top couple lacks ambition ...)

Joungest junior champion Hanna Pfaffenrot, vice-champion Olesya Ray, joint coach Julia Gnilozubova - these energetic little personalities on the ice have impressed me more than anything else in recent months. So yesterday was a special day for the friends of our upcoming skaters: Oleysa turned the order of the German Cup over again and is now clearly ahead of the champion with an enormously impressive performance and a 20-point increase (Oleysa's upward trend was already clearly evident at the NRW 2020). One can be really curious how the successful and extremely likeable Dortmund trio will develop among themselves and against their competitors in the coming season (it's also great that the three consecutive and most important up-and-coming events were broadcast by a television company and that everything is available in good quality afterwards).

Last edited:

sandra_persch

Some gossip ... Alyona congratulates (via IG) her friend Annika and means, that they deserve something else, but never mind: work, work, work (by the way, she has made the latter clear several times to H/S behind closed hands, that the top couple lacks ambition ...)

Joungest junior champion Hanna Pfaffenrot, vice-champion Olesya Ray, joint coach Julia Gnilozubova - these energetic little personalities on the ice have impressed me more than anything else in recent months. So yesterday was a special day for the friends of our upcoming skaters: Oleysa turned the order of the German Cup over again and is now clearly ahead of the champion with an enormously impressive performance and a 20-point increase (Oleysa's upward trend was already clearly evident at the NRW 2020). One can be really curious how the successful and extremely likeable Dortmund trio will develop among themselves and against their competitors in the coming season (it's also great that the three consecutive and most important up-and-coming events were broadcast by a television company and that everything is available in good quality afterwards).
I think Pfaffenrot is on a good track. She had 4 tripples in the free skate. 2x 3S, 3T and 3Lo. If she can keep them over the summer and keep improving she will be a welcome addition to the German Junior ranks next season.

Ray is too young for Juniors so its one more Novice season for her.
Geiger and Jungmann should also have made NK2 and are the same age as Ray. They didnt go for triples yet but
I hope that sharing the ice with Pfaffenrot and Ray is a real motivation for them too.
Beier will likely not make NK2 this year. With Italy locking down the north now I dont expect anyone to be sent to Egna Spring
She is slightly younger than Pfaffenrot and so far goes for 2A and 3S in her programs.

cs.berlin

Ray is too young for Juniors so its one more Novice season for her.
That's right, with her 11 years she is still at the bottom of the hierarchy. What inspires me more, however, is the opportunity to follow an interesting development at a high level at a very early stage. The enormous presence of her personality - intelligent, gifted in every respect, determined, but without the often observed doggedness of wanting to be a princess, a special mixture of likeable, serious, determined and talented. And in addition an obviously perfect bond to an ideal trainer, including a challenging training environment.

A pro pos training environment: there seems to be some hope that the tiresome issue of too much schooling and too limited time for training could not be solved. Here - at least selectively - a lot seems to change. Another hopeful talent, Anastasia Steblyanka, recently met her great role model, the "figure skating icon Marika Kilius" and has a lot to report about:
(link to view and/or download; interesting also the presence of Nathalie Weinzierl, about whom you don't hear anything else; that she is certainly no longer a aktive skater with a promising future, seems to have escaped the attention of the reporter ...)

Last edited:

Quadjump

To me it is obvious that Hase/Seegert could be better with more willpower. Aljona easily sees that. Better lifts and a better FS music and performance.

J

Jeschke

To me it is obvious that Hase/Seegert could be better with more willpower.
I think it's always a tough call from the outside thb. (and I am amongst those thinking Schott can/should be pushed more)
But in the end how many really know how hard the guys are working and how much input/willpower they are giving?
And sometimes, willpower alone just isn't enough to make it in the end.

For me, H/S looked like a totally sub- to medicore team few years back with not much potential. Judging on where they are now, this is way more than I ever expected.

cs.berlin

The figure skating season is almost over on the old continent: the upcoming competitions have all been cancelled.

Two events are still open: Golden Lynx (April 15-18, Gomel/Belarus), ISU International Adult Competition (May 17-23, Oberstdorf/GER), as well as (on the Australian continent) the "Oceania International Novice Competition" in Auckland (May 6-8). Some skaters have already announced on their channels that they will continue training for next season without major breaks, hardly imaginable that someone could repeat the old program in autumn for a catch-up world championship.

I think it would be nice if at least some videos from the last training preparations could be shown to the public - for example the efforts of Lea Dastich for the planned first appearance after more than two years, or the announced new music to the old FS of H/S ... some hope for the new season we could all use ... (unfortunately nobody can predict how the threat will further develop)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships 2020

While all figure skating events around the world were cancelled, the British held the last major event of the season on their island. Seemingly unimpressed by the pandemic (it should be interesting for health authorities to determine to what extent the mass meeting has or has not favoured the spread of the corona virus). Anyway, I have downloaded the video to my hard drive and I can't stop being amazed.

ISU-results

From Germany, by the way, the "Team Berlin Junior" is represented. Diverse impressions: maybe this could be one of the last bastions of a sport discipline which is called (as a generic term) in German language exactly described as "Eis|kunst|lauf" = 'ice art skating' (in Norway: "kunstløp") - and not just simple "figure skating" (perhaps this primitive English-language word creation also contributes to the extent to which this sport is misunderstood, misperformed and abused in this context today).

Last edited:

sus2850

That is a strange conclusion, @cs.berlin
You do realize that „figure skating“ refers to the very origin, to skating figures, i.e. what was called „Pflicht“ in German. So „figures“ means „Figuren“ not „Zahlen“.

cs.berlin

You don't get it. The meaning of the thought is not "Zahlen" (huh? Bullshit), but the sovereignty of the terms, the absence of "Kunst" with its consequences (with some use of brain: see the translation into Norwegian, there the word describes what it is supposed to be, and that might be "very orgin" with the Norwegians as well)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information