German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Had I been there, I would have taken Aya off the ice after the second fall to prevent worse. I hope she can handle this one, bad day well.
Well, she did not skate the FS 🤷‍♂️
Pulling someone out mid-program is not the right move imho. It's part of the sports to fight/go even through the tough parts of it, too.
(If someone injured her-/himself or is skating injured already it's a different story of course)
She only can learn from that entire season. She had a lots of lows but really shining moments too. She should focus on that.

Speaking of german girls.
Isaev just attempted 3t3t< at Bavarian Open. 51,15pts overall in SP.
Nice comeback story of her this season and a real shame we have no 2nd spot for Euros next season :(

cs.berlin

(If someone injured her-/himself or is skating injured already it's a different story of course)
To me, it looked like they should not have been let on the ice from the beginning. I've never seen her so unfocused, the falls were almost inevitable. I would take the fact that she didn't run in FP as a hint that they finally took the consequences, too late for my taste (injuries do not seem to be impossible). Such bad experiences can also be quite catchy.
Isaev [...] Nice comeback story of her this season [...]
Oh yes! Kristina is a completely enchanting figure on the ice. Her elegant runs and turns often remind me of Carolina K., to transform such long legs so wonderfully into flowing movements is already a feast for the eyes. However, she lacks the practice for more safety, although fortunately this has improved (I see here the discrepancy between possible time on the ice and school commitments). The missing 2nd starting place will probably remain her fate: she runs at the wrong time in the wrong country.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Just realized (if I am not completely wrong), if Hocke/Kunkel remain in 3rd at Bavarian Open, they gain enough points to make the final flight for JW.
All in one season đź’Ş

Juniors before them to date are just: Kostiukovich/Ialian, Panfilova/Rylov, Pepeleva/Pleshkov (junior season over), Hamon/Strekalin, Akhanteva/Kolesov and Nesterova/Darenskyi.

cs.berlin

The 3rd place of H/K 1,00 points behind the second placed Russian pair, despite this strange referee decision ... from maximum good to bad for one and the same element there was quite a lot of disagreement. Did the German Mrs. referee have something against the German pair?
The ticket for Tallinn will be available tomorrow.

Pretty stupid the abort of the live stream shortly - and of all things - before H/K's presentation as last in the last group. I hope the SP can be watched as a video afterwards (unfortunately nothing is marked at all, no system recognizable)

J

Jeschke

I hope the SP can be watched as a video afterwards (unfortunately nothing is marked at all, no system recognizable)
Replay is up now and does not include H/K. So I doubt we will ever see it again. Seems like the system crashed.
Did the German Mrs. referee have something against the German pair?
Well it would not be the first time with some dubious judging by some german judge on a 'home' skater. Whilst I approve 'fair' judging, we all know how this sport works and it looks kinda bizarre, when others giving pos GOE's and the home judge neg ones.

Sabine-Yuna

Well it would not be the first time with some dubious judging by some german judge on a 'home' skater. Whilst I approve 'fair' judging, we all know how this sport works and it looks kinda bizarre, when others giving pos GOE's and the home judge neg ones.
It has happened to H/K at Europeans as well. All judges gave them positive GEO on a good 3Tw, except the German judge who thought that their twist is worse than the crashed twists of the Austrians and the Spanish (B/C). It seems that they are better of without German judges. I really can't understand why you would want to hold down your own people.

cs.berlin

Between us, I can tell you this: in truth I am insignificant and only pretend to be competent. I've worked hard for this, like others of my colleagues. And as a German I have no desire to like Germans, where would we get to (besides, I like myself least of all).
But I'm always up for favors, if you know what I mean, laugh!

PS, it has nothing to do with the judge No.6, of course. Isn't it, Ms. Anstätt?!

Last edited:

text_skate

Second place for Hocke/ Kunkel at Bav. Open. Well done! German judge was holding them down on almost every element and on components too.
The only reason I can see, she's rooting for another German pair.

Who need foes, if you have friends like this?

Quadjump

I really noticed some improvements from H/K compared to Euros. Their connection is already super nice and the Twist is level 3! Just remember they skate their first season.

Please please plase. Give them good program matieral next year!

J

Jeschke

Repost from Egna Dance Thread:
#TeamD 🇩🇪 WorldsRace in Dance:

Euros obviously gave some confidence boost for M/D.
MĂĽller was selling the shit out of this program.
Finnstep looked kinda rough, but I am no teknik, so let's just wait for the scores.

71,16 :eek:
41 TES
Okay, that almost sealed the deal for them.
Well done.

Slay Janse van Rensburg/Steffan!
#hopediesast
#TeamD 🇩🇪

And after 30seconds the race is decided :(
JvR fell during the finnstep, sled into Steffan and he fell over her :(
They are still selling the heck outta it :respec:

Ah she is in tears in the end pose :(
Totally perplex.
Crying in knc. He is a good supportive partner :respec:
Sinicyn seems kinda pissed, arguing.

Ouch. So they have to wait a year longer.
I really hope their hard work will pay out in the end :(

Skate:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

#TeamD 🇩🇪 juniorsrace is over
(1 spot in each discipline)

Here are the final standings:

Men
355,98 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54; Bavarian Open 177,44)
340,34 Nikita Starostin (Bavarian Open 177,83; Santa Claus Cup 162,51)
295,76 Louis Weissert (Nationals 152,19; Halloween Cup 143,57) *FS

Ladies
301,89 Nargiz Suleymanova (Nationals 152,58; Bavarian Open 149,31)
285,39 Aya Hatakawa (Prague Ice Cup 143,77; Nationals 141,62)
276,68 Anastasia Steblyanka (Mentor Torun Cup 139,23; Nationals 137,45)

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20) **
256,35 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (Nationals 136,77; IceLab International Cup 119,58)
201,51 Josephine Lossius / Niklas Rust (Nationals 109,28;Volvo Open Cup 92,23) *

Dance
288,67 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (Nationals 149,72; Pavel Roman Memorial 138,95)
275,05 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (Nationals 143,05; Pavel Roman Memorial 132,00)
251,72 Viktoriia Lopusova / Asaf Kazimov (Nationals ; Grand Prix Bratislava 125,00)

*TES missing
** qualified due reaching JGPF

I only can see H/K gaining 2 spots; for all others, FS/FD should be doable, Top15 finish goal.

J

Jeschke

Very decent skate for Jagoda today in Oberstdorf (113,56); he zayak'd a 3t in the end, but this was a great step forwards.
Hess ran a bit out of steam, 125,58pts still.

After all, we have 3 solid guys for the second euros spot next season; I hope all stay healthy and will be sent to challengers (Jagoda wasn't this season) and getting a fair chance.

Hope both will have a good season end in The Hague in 2 weeks.

J

Jeschke

Final Standing in the #WorldsRace Ice Dance for #TeamD
705,68 Katharina MĂśLLER / Tim DIECK
683,49 Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN

Congrats to M/D! đź’Ş
I approve that one team is sent to Euros and Worlds (although I hoped for JvR/S).
It's hard for any team to rise the rankings with much switching for the champs each year and/or inside season.

Repost from Egna Dance thread:

Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN

M/D at the boards, warming up; mental games or jsut support/interest? I guess the latter, as the race is already decided.

This 'Paint it black' FD was a really good vehicle for them.
Good redemption and nice farewell to this program.
You could tell they were not 100% into it today. Steam was off after yesterday, not totally invested.
Very well skjated though.

Still very sad faces in end poses. They knew they had a real shot here :(

Next season folks!
Go on believing! One day! One day! 🙏

🇩🇪 Worlds Race total score: 683,49

Katharina MĂśLLER / Tim DIECK

Not much grey hair :D
Seemed a bit cautious to me.
Especially in the first half.
More like they are getting their job done in a safe way

Very close again in FD the both teams. PCS advantage for M/D make the difference.

🇩🇪 Worlds Race total score: 705,68

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny231

Very decent skate for Jagoda today in Oberstdorf (113,56); he zayak'd a 3t in the end, but this was a great step forwards.
Hess ran a bit out of steam, 125,58pts still.
I agree, very good improvement by Jagoda, especially in the jumping elements. Hess was solid, but not at his best in the jumps, no 3-3 combo (maybe planned after the messed up 3T), no 2nd 3A, no 3S at the end of the three jumps combo, no 3F. No mayor mistakes at least and first time over 200 points, that's something at least!

After all, we have 3 solid guys for the second euros spot next season
Aren't you forgetting Dimitrescu? We have Jagoda, Hess, Stoll and Dimitrescu all competing for the second spot. Great that there is this second spot at Euros, this may give them some more motivation for next season hopefully.

J

Jeschke

Junior worlds team got offcially announced:

As expected:
Damen: Nargiz SĂĽleymanova
Herren: Denis Gurdzhi
Paarlaufen: Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel
Eistanzen: Lara Luft / Stephano Schuster

Subs:
Damen: Aya Hatakawa
Herren: Nikita Starostin
Paarlaufen: Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster
Eistanzen: Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Lieber

cs.berlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umqK0x36ivI
missing their faces as they got the points :cheer2:
From approx. 2:16 complete:
That they expected more after this strong performance should be clear (you can see it),
but it looks as if this will develop into a very big promise for German figure skating ...

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Nicole Schott will take part in 'Alle gegen Einen' this weekend on Pro7

cs.berlin

According to the updated list there is not a single German pair in The Hague: That P/B will not participate in the Challenge Cup was somehow foreseeable, but now also H/S have dropped out and will not defend their title, what a pity ... (after all, winning the title last year was their first international gold medal)

J

Jeschke

According to the updated list there is not a single German pair in The Hague: That P/B will not participate in the Challenge Cup was somehow foreseeable, but now also H/S have dropped out and will not defend their title, what a pity
Are P/B still existing?
I thought she was just ill before nationals and now all these WD!

Well, even if it’s a long competitive break, H/S could not move up to penultimate flights at worlds even with a win in The Hague, so maybe better staying at home and practicing hard!

cs.berlin

P/B were after all in the list and have only now been removed. I don't know what's going on with this couple, I don't hear anything anymore.

H/S said last year that they simply wanted to run one more competition before the World Championships. As preparation, so to speak, which takes little time. Why wouldn't they do the same this year, why else would they be on the starting list? Again: no idea. Blablabla.
All I know is that beyond all the calculations about points, numbers and tactics, there is something else, and that is called the audience. In a few hours I could have taken the express train from Berlin to The Hague (like H/S), but without a single one of my pairs I don't feel like it. So one thing leads to another.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information