German Skating News 2019/2020

Tinami Amori

Oh the article says Paul fentz lost all funding due to some disciplinary issues. I wonder what they were!
i have no idea how to explain this.... :D
He was in "Armed Forces" (Bundeswehr) as a "Soldier, participating in sports" (??) (Sportsoldat).
Kind of like in Russia, CSKA is a military sports club, if a man is active in sports, he serves his military duty slightly differently, than a regular recruit. And if he remains "active soldier doing sports" there is another process and funding.

Fentz had some kind of issue with "service in Budeswehr" and left the ranks (or was dismissed) which means no funding.

Here! i found an english article, explaining how it works.

sus2850

Tinami, it is not only for men in Germany. Aljona was a Sportsoldatin as well, for example.

J

Jeschke

More detailled informations

Thanks.
Here the important facts:
The stagnant performance had severe consequences for Fentz. Not only was he deprived of prospective squad funding, he also had to end his service as a sports soldier in the Bundeswehr on December 31. "I generally lost everything with it," he says looking back. Since then, he has largely had to cover the costs of traveling to competitions, choreography or costumes. "I won't let myself get down," says Fentz.
“He found his shape back at the right moment. This is remarkable in these extraordinary circumstances and gives hope, ”says figure skating sports director Udo Dönsdorf. "If he stabilizes the performance, he can be well represented up to the Olympic Winter Games in Beijing in 2022. A quick return to the perspective squad is possible" "The prospects are good," said Dönsdorf.

Felicitas

Ich wünsche auch Ann-Christin viel Glück und Gesundheit. I found out that she skated on a small exhibition gala near her hometown. So still hoping there is nothing serious happend to her! GN8

J

Jeschke

New article on possible Savchenko-comeback
Savchenko on comeback: "We could top our Olympic FS"

"I think that if we get back on the ice, we could even top our Olympic FS" La Terre vu du ciel "
"I am working hard to ensure that Bruno, who has now made a name for himself as a coach, is convinced of a comeback," said Savchenko. "But we would also need a good sponsor for that."
"I'm 35 years old, but sometimes I feel like I'm 18"

An incentive for a comeback is also that the sporting development has stagnated somewhat in the international pair race. "Time has somehow stopped," said Savchenko.

Quadjump

I do not really believe Bruno to be convinced by Aljona. He and his wife will have a second baby soon. He seems to be way too content with his current life and without Balester and with his back pain I cannot see any future.

Maybe it is time to let it go, Aljona. You can be a great coach for the next 50 years and develop pair skating towards your own direction.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Miezekatze

Guess the problem is, that theres no fitting partner in Germany and getting someone else to get through the whole process of obtaining German citizenship again seems far fetched. She could try to steal minerva Fabiennes partner of course :lol:

I somehow doubt that aljona can so easily become a great coach, since I assume that hardly anybody she trains would ever meet her expectations (like with the Knierims).
Her statements on the current pairs sort of show this, nobody wows her, Sui and han and boikova/st. are sort of OK. She'd probably always end up frustrated trying to create a top pair, cause she would find everybody lazy.

She could try to become some sort of pair skating Eteri, but I doubt the skater material for that can be found in oberstdorf.

Quadjump

Guess the problem is, that theres no fitting partner in Germany and getting someone else to get through the whole process of obtaining German citizenship again seems far fetched. She could try to steal minerva Fabiennes partner of course :lol:

I somehow doubt that aljona can so easily become a great coach, since I assume that hardly anybody she trains would ever meet her expectations (like with the Knierims).
Her statements on the current pairs sort of show this, nobody wows her, Sui and han and boikova/st. are sort of OK. She'd probably always end up frustrated trying to create a top pair, cause she would find everybody lazy.

She could try to become some sort of pair skating Eteri, but I doubt the skater material for that can be found in oberstdorf.

Become a good coach needs time. It is a process like becoming an adult. Maybe Aljona is not the biggest coaching talent but noone will doubt she lacks of inspiration, vision and ambition.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Tutberidze had volume, though, due to the internal Russian push and funding both for skaters and infrastructure leading up to Sochi. Pairs is a whole different animal, especially for a small Fed, and when the parents are paying for far longer to older ages.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Savchenko could be an excellent mentor and coach for a pair team with the same talent and drive to succeed that she has. Otherwise, she and the team would be frustrated and unhappy. Apart from Stolbova (and that's not including Novosolev in the equation), there isn't such a team out there. It would be amazing to see a collaboration between Stolbova and Savchenko but there's no male equivalent to add to the mix.

I can't see Bruno wanting to go back to the level of training needed to be an Olympic medalist. And do it within the next two years. I agree that if they were at the level they were two years ago, they'd be on the Olympic podium again, but they aren't. She has been so driven and focused for so many years on that OGM, she hasn't yet found a way to channel that energy into something else.

Miezekatze

Yeah, the problem in Germany is that the number of skaters is low, the number of pairs skaters even lower, the sport not high profile, ...

Also you don't have the same type of funding and attitude that sports are more important than school, so you might get the odd talent here and there, but no large pool of super motivated parents and skaters.

So far Aljona doesn't really sound as if she has obtained a whole lot of more patience yet :lol: and I think the task of building a pairs program in Germany would probably need tons of it.

Not sure if she'd consider moving somewhere else for coaching, but she seems to like Oberstdorf a lot.

Tinami Amori

;) I am sure Aljona would not demand from others something she has not demand from herself. And her demands on herself lead to many Golds and Medals, including Olympics.

cs.berlin

Video interviews with the new German Champions are published at figureskating-online.com. The first one was published today, ice dancers Katharina Müller/Tim Dieck. The others will follow in the next three days.
http://www.figureskating-online.com/deutsche-meister-20.html (in German)
I just saw that you took the trouble to cut the two programs from Kati & Tim out of this gigantic stream file and upload them to YT in very good quality. Or was it someone else? No matter. Great job! Thanks a lot for this. ❣

Of course, it would be wonderful to see something from Nicole, Kristina (who showed such a enchanting FP) as well as Paul's amazing FP, some other single skaters, pairs and, and, and ... So if you had time for it, someday. 😌

Last edited:

Eislauffan

I just saw that you took the trouble to cut the two programs from Kati & Tim out of this gigantic stream file and upload them to YT in very good quality. Great job! I thank you very much for that. ❣

Of course, it would be wonderful to see something from Nicole, Kristina (who showed such a enchanting FP) as well as Paul's amazing FP, some other single skaters, pairs and, and, and ... So if you had time for it, someday. 😌

Actually, that wasn't me. I just did the video interview and uploaded it. ;-)

J

Jeschke

Video interviews with the new German Champions are published at figureskating-online.com. The first one was published today, ice dancers Katharina Müller/Tim Dieck. The others will follow in the next three days.
http://www.figureskating-online.com/deutsche-meister-20.html (in German)
Fentz and Hase/Seegert are now up too.
Hase/Seegert are very well-spoken, I liked their answers.

cs.berlin

H/S-video without registration:

(thanks @Lucinda)

Mini: "We are also very satisfied with the score, which is our highest score so far."
"Very well spoken ..." :yawn: (except for the fact that it's not true)

Anyway, good luck together, in ten days the statement will (hopefully) fit all the more ...

Last edited:

Eislauffan

H/S-video without registration:

(thanks @Lucinda)

Mini: "We are also very satisfied with the score, which is our highest score so far."
"Very well spoken ..." :yawn: (except for the fact that it's not true)

Anyway, good luck together, in ten days the statement will (hopefully) fit all the more ...

I don't understand - their score at Nationals is their highest score so far (but obviously it doesn't count for the ISU personal best). Or what did you have in mind?
And why "video without registration"? You don't have to register anywhere to view the video on the figureskating-online.com website of Katze Lucinda YouTube channel.

cs.berlin

@Eislauffan: Well, the link to figureskating-online.com originally led to a different result, corresponding - also - to this one here from above:
"Private Video
Register"

At H/S, I was in fact referring to the European Championship resp. what the ISU evaluates in terms of the EC. And I also had a little in the back of my mind, which was not addressed: that it was not the best SP of the season. But I understand Mini, of course.

Last edited:

Eislauffan

@Eislauffan: Well, the link to figureskating-online.com originally led to a different result, corresponding - also - to this one here from above:
"Private Video
Register"

At H/S, I was in fact referring to the European Championship resp. what the ISU evaluates in terms of the EC. And I also had a little in the back of my mind, which was not addressed: that it was not the best SP of the season. But I understand Mini, of course.

Don't know why you got that error message, the video was published and should have been accessible as it is now.

sus2850

I also had the message „dieses Video ist privat, bitte anmelden“ with the initial link for Hase/Seegert. Still get it. Maybe because I have no YouTube-Account

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information