German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Pavlova just posted that they won't compete at Europeans.
Do you have a link?
i can only find IG with the WD announcement of nationals.

I am curious as race would still be open and it would mean there is another reason (like NADA for example).

Is she just sick or something more serious?

Last edited by a moderator:

marie1616

It's in this post but only in the Russian text not in the English one😂🤷

Sabine-Yuna

Interesting that she writes she'll skip Europeans😳 As far as I know she wasn't even qualified, how can you skip Europeans then? I don't speak Russian and used the translator, but maybe she has said something different and it's just the translation.

J

Jeschke

Damn so we still don't have any answer if she could compete or not :rofl:

text_skate

Interesting that she writes she'll skip Europeans😳 As far as I know she wasn't even qualified, how can you skip Europeans then? I don't speak Russian and used the translator, but maybe she has said something different and it's just the translation.

She uses the verb пропускать (propuskat') which means "verpassen" (English: miss), which indicates, that without participating at Nationals she can't get a ticket for Euros

sus2850

Nationals would have been the competition, where the fed wanted to decide between H/K and P/B.
What illness is she talking about though?

J

Jeschke

Seems like practice is being streamed on Vimeo
Good they are doing a test run, as iirc the stream was not working last year great from the start!

Competition thread for all with membership is here:

text_skate

Article about German Pairs in newspaper taz:
Online as of today, published on Monday, therefore missing out on the news that P/B have withdrawn

Article says, H/S have ticket for Euros, the other two teams will battle for ticket at Nationals (not anymore)
Pairs is only discipline, where Germany is in the mix, because internationally successful coaches
DEU will focus on Pairs, particularly work on stamina with the guys
Blommaert moved to Moscow because of Pavlova

J

Jeschke

Does someone know why Ann-Christin is not starting at nationals?
Does someone know why Ann-Christin is entered and WD event after event since Golden Bear in October?

Edit: Checked myself. One of her latest IG shows a clip of her sktating :'Missing it. Hopefully I will be back soon.'
Sounds like an injury.

Quadjump

Guys? Is noone posting anything about German Championships or did I Miss something?

J

Jeschke

I guess after 2nd part of Junior Nationals the JW spots are decided:

Standings 🇩🇪 #juniorrace (1 spot in each discipline)

Men
351,02 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54; Nationals 172,48)
320,37 Nikita Starostin (Santa Claus Cup 162,51; Nationals 157,86)
295,76 Louis Weissert (Nationals 152,19; Halloween Cup 143,57) *FS
274,21 Linus Mager (Nationals 141,69; Volvo Open Cup 132,52) *FS

Ladies
300,46 Nargiz Suleymanova (Nationals 152,58; Volvo Open Cup 147,88)
285,39 Aya Hatakawa (Prague Ice Cup 143,77; Nationals 141,62)
270,71 Anastasia Steblyanka (Nationals 137,45; IceLab International Cup 133,26)
246,23 Janne Salatzki (Nationals 127,50; Open d'Andorra 118,73)

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20) **
256,35 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (Nationals 136,77; IceLab International Cup 119,58)
201,51 Josephine Lossius / Niklas Rust (Nationals 109,28;Volvo Open Cup 92,23) *

Ice Dance
288,67 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (Nationals 149,72; Pavel Roman Memorial 138,95)
275,05 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (Nationals 143,05; Pavel Roman Memorial 132,00)
251,72 Viktoriia Lopusova / Asaf Kazimov (Nationals ; Grand Prix Bratislava 125,00)
237,48 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Grand Prix Bratislava 119,57; Nationals 117,91)

*TES missing
** qualified due reaching JGPF

J

Jeschke

Nationals are over, here we go:

Final Standing 🇩🇪 #EurosRace

Men (1 spot)
624,48 Paul Fentz (Nationals 227,76; GP CAN 202,24; CS CRO 194,48)
537,62 Jonathan Hess (Nationals 186,86; CS FIN 183,49; CS POL 167,27) *W
516,92 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS CRO 177,51; Nationaks 170,82; CS POL 168,59) *FS W

Ladies (1 spot)
532,65, Nicole Schott (Nationals ; CS CR 182,71; CS GER 177,76)
422,98 Kristina Isaev (Nationals 149,61; CS CRO 138,14; CS POL 135,23) *W
385,34 Lutricia Bock (Nationals 143,79; CS BLR 121,54; CS GER 120,01) *FS E

Pairs (2 spots)
563,16 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (Nationals 191,91; GP RUS 186,16; CS CRO 185,09)
330,17 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (Nationals 176,70; CS POL 153,47)
307,05 Elena Pavlova / Ruben Blommaert (CS POL 155,97; CS CRO 151,08)

Ice Dance (1 spot)
532,00 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (Nationals 192,96; CS CRO 169,59; CS BLR 169,45)
526,69 Jennifer Janse van Rensburg / Benjamin Steffan (Nationals 189,21; CS CRO 171,87; CS GER 165,61)
499,92 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (Nationals 178,34; CS GER 162,31; CS HKG 159,27)

J

Jeschke

Recap Nationals

Overall: Kinda surprised.

Men: Fentz delivered in the FS. Stoll showed promised, a shame about the FS and heartbreaking knc. Hess and Gurdzhi are the ones to watch out for 2022. Nice 3a by 5 guys 💪

Ladies: Finally 3f3t on video seen by Schott. Class of her own. Now save 2 spots please 🙏 Silver for Hatakawa. Great SP, kinda :gallopin1 on the FS, but very decent outing and lots of promise. We knew that before. Happy for Isaev walkign away with bronze after a solid season for her. She looked so proud and happy on podium. Nice redemption skate by Bock.

Pairs: Expected result. Decent outings by both teams.

Ice Dance. Congrats to M/D. I am no fan of them (and their programs), but based on international outings this might be the best choice either way. Kudos to Janse van Rensburg / Steffan, they put on a real fight. K/N have to sit down, regroup and think about what went wrong this season.

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 Euros Team announcement (during nationals exhibtion)
#TeamD

Ladies: Nicole Schott
Men: Paul Fentz
Pairs: Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert, Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel
Ice Dance: Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck

J

Jeschke

Entries for Euros are out
(seems like fed submitted before :D)

Pavlova/Blommaert listed as subs, so I guess the WADA thing would be no problem here.

J

Jeschke

Not much lamenting on the seniors compared to the juniors by german vice president.
Only the guys behind Fentz were blamed a bit for not trying quads even in practice.

My favourite part:
Since 2015, figure skating has developed explosively with the development of quadruple jumps, especially in Russia. Nevertheless, Nicole Schott was able to keep up.
I thought I was the delusional one in here :D

J

Jeschke

Re Euros.
If I calculated correctly, Schott makes the final flight for the SP as #6 entry 💪
While I approve the (hopefully) PCS boost coming within, I hope it's not as intimidating for her with the 3A's.

Fentz missed penultimate flight by 3 spots 😕

Penultimate flight for Hase/Seegert. Hocke/Kunkel in open draw for the first groups 🆘

M/D should be the last team for antepenultimate flight if I checked right.

Antonl

The Pair Hocke/Blommaert is not excisting @Jeschke !
Re Euros.
If I calculated correctly, Schott makes the final flight for the SP as #6 entry 💪
While I approve the (hopefully) PCS boost coming within, I hope it's not as intimidating for her with the 3A's.

Fentz missed penultimate flight by 3 spots 😕

Penultimate flight for Hase/Seegert. Hocke/Blommaert in open draw for the first groups 🆘

M/D should be the last team for antepenultimate flight if I checked right.

Sylvia

TBD
H/B was just a typo. :D

Re Euros.
If I calculated correctly, Schott makes the final flight for the SP as #6 entry
I can't recall the current rule for ISU Championships SP draws. Is it still top 12 in the ISU World Standings that draw for the final 2 groups?

ETA: Yes, I think what I wrote above still applies (it's ISU Rule 520).

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

There is now an english translation under the russian post.

"The year was very interesting and filled with events, but unfortunately it’s not ending on the best note. We won’t be able to take part at the national championships due to my illness. I want to apologize to my partner and coaches and to thank everyone who is still believing in me. Troubles happen, and I’ll do all I can to get back to training as soon as possible. In the new year I wish everyone to be healthy, happy and believe in miracles.🎉 "

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information