German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

New team envelope is up:
https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/592/Bundeskaderliste2019-2020_VeröffentlichungHomepage_02.05.19-1.pdf

For this season german fed had new criteria.

I am a bit confused, Schott with PK is the same as Dastich (who did not compete at all) and Marold (who had a subpar season). Weinzierl and Bock are EK and Scheidt is nowhere at all :huh:

Same with men, Stoll and Hess better with PK than Fentz and Dimitrescu with EK.
I am confused.

Joti totally removed.

---

All split pairs/dance teams have time to show themselves with a new partner until upcoming nationals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabine-Yuna

New team envelope is up:
https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/592/Bundeskaderliste2019-2020_VeröffentlichungHomepage_02.05.19-1.pdf

For this season german fed had new criteria.

I am a bit confused, Schott with PK is the same as Dastich (who did not compete at all) and Marold (who had a subpar season). Weinzierl and Bock are EK and Scheidt is nowhere at all :huh:

Same with men, Stoll and Hess better with PK than Fentz and Dimitrescu with EK.
I am confused.

Joti totally removed.

---

All split pairs/dance teams have time to show themselves with a new partner until upcoming nationals.
Scheidt has finished her career as far as I know (after Nationals). Joti seems to be better off with shows.
The list is really weird. How can Dastich be PK, if she didn't compete. Probably more than 50% of the skaters in that list didn't meet the criteria and are in. Actually you don't need the criteria, because they don't stick to it anyway. This is German fed!

sandra_persch

Scheidt has finished her career as far as I know (after Nationals). Joti seems to be better off with shows.
The list is really weird. How can Dastich be PK, if she didn't compete. Probably more than 50% of the skaters in that list didn't meet the criteria and are in. Actually you don't need the criteria, because they don't stick to it anyway. This is German fed!

Looks like all the skaters that were injured during the whole or part of the season kept the same envelope criteria as last season.
Skaters that have been in B too long and have not had the full PK (max is 8 years I believe) seem to have been moved to EK.

It also looks like for Novice ladies they canned hte minimum 11 years entry age and took some ladies that were 9 / 10 as well.

sus2850

They kind of go the Majorov way on the older skaters that performed worse than expected like Fentz and Weinzierl.
The DEU probably wants/ is asked to invest in younger skaters with more potential to still develop. Sad for Fentz especially who was injured.

But maybe he indicated that he might retire (I have no info about that, just guessing).

J

Jeschke

Btw., what does this mean?
If you don't find any partner to show until nationals, you will be kicked out mid-season (and funds will be stopped)? :shuffle:

marie1616

I don't understand how the novice girls got selected and how it's possible that Suleymanova who finished second at nationals is on the list but Hatakawa who won isn't. Can someone explain this to me please?

Last edited:

sandra_persch

I don't understand how the novice girls got selected and how it's possible that Suleymanova who finished second at nationals is on the list but Hatakawa who won and who has probably the most potential of all the girls isn't

Nationals placement is not used to determine the team in Germany.
Hatakawa did not meet the minimum score and technical requirements set for her age.
13 year olds skating novice needed 95 points, a short program containing 2A and a 3-combo and a free program with 2 and 2 tripples which she did not meet once.

Suleymanova being 11 years old needed 85 points and 2A in short and long which she exceeded several times. having 2A, 3S+2T, 3T in the short and 2A, 3T, 3S and even 3R in the last 2 comps of the season.

platniumangel

sandra_persch

Are Matthaei/Pfisterer still a thing or why was he with Amanda Peterson in the US (alongside Koch/Nüchtern and Caruso)?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxqJS4cIBDY/
Edit: Like the new hair on Nüchtern.

Edit: Any update on Kazimov and potential new girl?
Here is a group photo of the group training in US with Caruso and Mathew Gates.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10161767121120537&set=a.10151918386290537&type=3&sfns=mo
Heard she needs surgery and will be off the ice for 8 weeks min. and he is having tryout which really pissed of her parents. So they may split.

J

Jeschke

Heard she needs surgery and will be off the ice for 8 weeks min. and he is having tryout which really pissed of her parents. So they may split.
Okay, that sounds kinda shit.
But I guess he'd present a different version.

Let's wait and see.

Eislauffan

German fed announced to new official 'fed' coaches
https://www.eislauf-union.de/media1/pressemitteilungen/463-deu-verstärkt-bundestrainerteam-durch-zusätzliche-stellen

Rico Rex - Pairs youth development
Stefano Caruso - Ice Dance (in combo with M. Skotnicky)
Head coaches remain König (pairs) and Skotnicky (dance).

What does this mean for the Caruso/Fusar-Poli combo?

Stefano Caruso has left Italy and Barbara Fusar Polis team and is based in Berlin. Shari Koch/Christian Nüchtern went with him. Pirouette (German Skating Magazine) reported on that already in their April issue.

sandra_persch

Girl is 10 and had a program full of doubles last season so I don't actually get what they are doing and why.
But if this keeps her motivated (and injury-free), go on girl.

They added her to the Novice team for a reason ;) towards the end of the season she gave 3T (Open SAS Championships) a try in her programs.
North Rhein Fastalia is doing pretty well right now getting their skaters developed again after a few lean years. They got 3 ladies into the national team this year which should get her invited to the national training camps too. but having good skaters at her home rink should help her motivation.

So who is Schuster skating now with? Luft?

Thats what I heard. They could skate Juniors for another season or two.
Lets see how it goes there aren't a lot of Junior Dance teams around anymore.

J

Jeschke

In his latest Q&A on IG Polizoakis mentioning updates on his competitive career end of this month.
'It's not very easy' (whatever that means).

Eislauffan

Are Matthaei/Pfisterer still a thing or why was he with Amanda Peterson in the US (alongside Koch/Nüchtern and Caruso)?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxqJS4cIBDY/
Edit: Like the new hair on Nüchtern.

Edit: Any update on Kazimov and potential new girl?

I think that Charise Matthaei had grown too tall for Maximilian Pfisterer, although he is tall, too. I'm afraid it will be very difficult for her to find a new partner, she would need someone very tall and strong.
As for Asaf Kazimov, I've heard that he's trying out with someone here in Russia.

J

Jeschke

S

SmallFairy

Given the lack of males available, I guess I’m happy Annika has found a partner at all. Who is Kunkel? Tell me more!

Fingers crossed for them!!!

Sabine-Yuna

Given the lack of males available, I guess I’m happy Annika has found a partner at all. Who is Kunkel? Tell me more!

Fingers crossed for them!!!
Kunkel is a junior pairs skater. Maybe he'll develop further together with Hocke. He is 19 or 20, she is 18. Why not give it a try. I'm happy too that we have not lost her. Maybe we get a young pair with perspective. Let's wait and see.

J

Jeschke

I can only repeat myself: It's not too late to get A. Dorsaz outta retirement and skate for Germany :drama:

S

SmallFairy

Thanks @Sabine-Yuna and @Jeschke

Kunkel still skates a lot like a teenage boy and Annika is fierce beyond her years, but I’m willing to give him some time, hopefully he can catch up. Can he do triples? Who will coach them?

marie1616

Thanks @Sabine-Yuna and @Jeschke

Kunkel still skates a lot like a teenage boy and Annika is fierce beyond her years, but I’m willing to give him some time, hopefully he can catch up. Can he do triples? Who will coach them?

He did 3toe and 3salchow before he switched to pairs three years ago, I don't know if he got the other triples since then.
I think coaches will either be König/Schubert which would mean they'd train along side Ziegler/Kiefer and Blommaert/new partner or Hocke changes coaches and they train with Kunkel's coaches Österreich/Rex along side Hase/Seegert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information